It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one get "saved" according to christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Commentary : Here we see that the sheep are selected basis their deeds towards others (feeding, clothing, caring etc). These people are being rewarded because of good deeds towards other people and NOT simply because they accepted Jesus' sacrifice as atonement for their sins.
Nothing is mentioned about Jesus' supposed sacrifice... or the need for it to cleanse man of sin.... or anything about christian doctrines such as original sin, atonement through sacrifice, etc.

Not difficult to figure out.
I notice no one has risen to dispute the post I made almost five and a half hours ago saying that the Bible never says that Jesus died to make a sin atonement.
Jesus IS the atonement that was necessary because of sin, and he is able to take that position based on his work as a man who was made just like his fellow men, who could have sinned but did not.
The death of Jesus was to end the Old Covenant and to create a new covenant where people can do right by repenting, being baptized, and following the gift of the Spirit which is now the guide to life, replacing the old written law which only offers death.
The truth is hidden by Satan and his minions to make people believe that Jesus died to show his submission to the old law, which to them, is still in effect, which is a scheme of supreme evil for one purpose which is the creation of a worldly beast empire with its capital in Jerusalem.

I think a lot of people tend to ignore you, as do I.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

ETA: This is just a brief answer, and my two cents from memory. I am no longer a christian, and I have no desire to debate it in depth. I'll let real christians do that. Just thought I'd add some food for thought.

Not too surprising considering the religion you are promoting.
Christians get airlifted somewhere while the Jews take over, to later return to then be the servants to the Jews.
Why do that when you can just renounce Jesus, become a Jew, and get all your former compatriots to be your servants? Nice.

I'm promoting no religion. Christianity is like any other religion. A religion.

But I spent enough years in the christian church, and in the bible to know fundy doctrine. Even if I am a little rusty.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

You do because you have no argument, just this brainwashing that you have received but are not capable of doing to others.
Nice that you just take this stance of snobbish superiority based on being a member of a club.
Your club is not going to be there for you when you go to judgement.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You do because you have no argument, just this brainwashing that you have received but are not capable of doing to others.
Nice that you just take this stance of snobbish superiority based on being a member of a club.
Your club is not going to be there for you when you go to judgement.

MT 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

There you go, the perfect example of this self righteous aloofness, that it is demeaning to your message to get down to a level where you actually have to present an argument.
Bogomil has it right, that all you want to do is preach.
That's why all your posts are just spam, and so are all the other member's posts on this forum who are in your same league (I already wore out the term cultist).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

There you go, the perfect example of this self righteous aloofness, that it is demeaning to your message to get down to a level where you actually have to present an argument.
Bogomil has it right, that all you want to do is preach.
That's why all your posts are just spam, and so are all the other member's posts on this forum who are in your same league (I already wore out the term cultist).

You label me as self righteous to justify your own philosophy.

PR 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
but in the end it leads to death.

ISA 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

ISA 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The simplest answer is Luke 10. You must love God and love your fellow man. You must even love your enemies. The Samaritan found a fallen Jew on the road who suffered at the hands of robbers. His fellow Jews did not help him. The Samaritans and the Jews were bitter enemies, yet the Samaritan helped the Jew. This is the point.

Pride separates us form others. When we suffer from self-pride, we place ourselves as the judges of others. We look down at others rather than looking across in equality. When Abram was asked to sacrifice His son Issac, God stopped Him at the last minute and provided a lamb. Issac represents what Abram loved most. His willingness to set his own interests aside to follow God demonstrated his faith. God never intended to take his Son. After this, God changed Abram's name Abraham. The addition of the 'HEY' (5th letter of the Hebrew alphabet) is the ancient Hebrew pictograph of a man standing with his arms open to God. Faith is one key to salvation. Sacrificing pride is another.

We can only gain salvation by sacrificing our inner pride and self to God in humility and love toward Him. This is salvation. When a person does this, they naturally love others and see everyone as equally in need of this same salvation. The point of it all is (agape-divine) love. Love is defined here:

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

THREE KEYS: Faith, Hope and Love. The hope part comes from the hope we have in Christ.

edit on 2-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yes because you refuse to enter into a debate with me and you make posts implying I am a swine and have a philosophy I made up, when it is just what comes straight out of the Bible.
You belong to some sort of social group that has this philosophy and you give each other support and you feel like you are the part of something and you like that, so you do what they tell you, which is to go about promoting your group's philosophy.
Well no one needs that philosophy and it is just a way to put people back into the bondage that Jesus came to set us free of.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You must love God and love your fellow man.

There was an angel who was a servant of God who was the administrator of a covenant with Moses. That was an administration, as explained in the New Testament. The definition of an administration is what is done on behalf of a higher authority.
God, as in the Father of the Son, who is Jesus Christ, is the higher authority who the angel of ministry was subservient to. You want people to go back to the administrator of the Old Covenant, to be worshiped above the administrator of the New Covenant, who is the Lord, Jesus Christ.
God does nor give us a law to worship Himself because He understands that the best way to understand who and what God is, is through His son. We have a God who is the one true God above all other gods, and we have one Lord, who is Jesus.
We also have one law, as followers of Christ, which is to love one another.
Jesus when he was fulfilling his part to preach the Gospel was asked about what was to be done as far as how to live, and Jesus said on these two things does the law hang. He was talking about the Old Testament law, so what Jesus said was true at that time but now we are under a new administration and that part about worshiping and loving God as a law has been omitted.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Yes because you refuse to enter into a debate with me and you make posts implying I am a swine and have a philosophy I made up, when it is just what comes straight out of the Bible.
You belong to some sort of social group that has this philosophy and you give each other support and you feel like you are the part of something and you like that, so you do what they tell you, which is to go about promoting your group's philosophy.
Well no one needs that philosophy and it is just a way to put people back into the bondage that Jesus came to set us free of.

Jesus is my master and no other.

Tell me, what cult do I belong to?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

My guess would be the one that infiltrates other churches so that they don't have their own denomination to where they could be easily pointed out as being so non Christian. They are happy enough to enjoy the hospitality of what could be considered mainstream, then to be able to take on airs of respectability and to go so far as to claim for themselves orthodoxy and being fundamental.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

My guess would be the one that infiltrates other churches so that they don't have their own denomination to where they could be easily pointed out as being so non Christian. They are happy enough to enjoy the hospitality of what could be considered mainstream, then to be able to take on airs of respectability and to go so far as to claim for themselves orthodoxy and being fundamental.

You are blindly guessing and doing a very poor job of it.

I do not mind the false accusations, they are to be expected. But you really should watch your tongue.

JAS 3:3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

JAS 3:7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

JAS 3:9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I'm not gossiping.
I'm rebuking an evil antichrist philosophy masquerading as Christianity , which apparently has built into it this idea that its members are supposed to fill discussion forums on the internet with spam and not to engage the swine and dogs on said internet with any actual dialogue other than quoting a bunch of Bible verses.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm not gossiping.
I'm rebuking an evil antichrist philosophy masquerading as Christianity , which apparently has built into it this idea that its members are supposed to fill discussion forums on the internet with spam and not to engage the swine and dogs on said internet with any actual dialogue other than quoting a bunch of Bible verses.

I will keep quoting God's word because it is what gives me life.

MT 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

HEB 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I'm not gossiping.

1JN 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

I acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ.

How could I possibly be antichrist?

I acknowledge the Son and therefore I acknowledge the Father also.

edit on 3-9-2011 by XplanetX because: spelling

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Let me give an example of one of the concepts about Jesus that antichrist has a problem with, from Hebrews, chapter two.

"Therefore he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every respect, so that he could become a merciful and faithful high priest in things relating to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people. For since he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted."

According to John, in the New Testament, antichrist denies the Christ came in the flesh. Your philosophy says that Jesus was God Almighty, El Shadai, and never ceased to be such, in his lifetime, so never was in any sort of danger of possibly failing. This is why Satan substitutes in this concept of Jesus making a bloody atonement, to replace what he did do, which was to live a sinless life, and to be an example for us to follow. Satan wants everyone to cling to this false doctrine so they will not even attempt such a thing, and to claim to be saved already.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

It is a very small prayer. A few lines. I can't remember them but basically it is a really short acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he died to atone for your sins. It takes about 15 second.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Let me give an example of one of the concepts about Jesus that antichrist has a problem with, from Hebrews, chapter two.

"Therefore he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every respect, so that he could become a merciful and faithful high priest in things relating to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people. For since he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted."

According to John, in the New Testament, antichrist denies the Christ came in the flesh. Your philosophy says that Jesus was God Almighty, El Shadai, and never ceased to be such, in his lifetime, so never was in any sort of danger of possibly failing. This is why Satan substitutes in this concept of Jesus making a bloody atonement, to replace what he did do, which was to live a sinless life, and to be an example for us to follow. Satan wants everyone to cling to this false doctrine so they will not even attempt such a thing, and to claim to be saved already.

This is why I try to ignore you.

You misinterpret scripture to suit your own philosophy.

MT 28:8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

Why do they worship him?

and more to the point, why does Jesus not stop them?

LK 4:8 Jesus answered, "It is written: `Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.' "

Jesus is God in the flesh.

RO 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

1PE 2:22 "He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth."

There are many other scriptures to support this fact.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

There you go.
A very good example of antichrist in action.
Logic, if Jesus did not sin=Jesus was not one of us.
Doesn't matter that I quoted a verse just now saying he was exactly one of us.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

It is a very small prayer. A few lines. I can't remember them but basically it is a really short acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he died to atone for your sins. It takes about 15 second.

How is believing that Jesus died to atone for my sins going to help, when Matthew 25 teaches that the saved are ones who were good to their fellow man?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join