It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your Favorite Bugout Vehicle.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

edit on 9/2/11 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

photobucket.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Here is my personal truck that I traded my Harley for last fall. The reason I traded was so that I could have something for a bug-out situation. I just put 37inch tall Military Humvee Tires on it. I have taken it off road and up some really steep hills and through some deep holes. And I can still haul supplies and have enough room for my family inside.

Sorry I dont know how to post pics on here, so to see it you will have to click the link.
edit on 9/2/11 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm partial to 2 wheels. Fast, dependable, low profile, fuel efficient,

Outfitted properly it can take you to places so isolated that the only other human you see will also be on a bike or on foot.

edit on 2-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Some great vehicles there.

I'm planning on getting a smallish boat! Probably not a very popular choice but I live by the water and I figure that most people wiould take to the roads if the SHTF. Also theres no cameras/cctv on the canals so no surveilance, we can paddle if we run out of juice and we could happily live on a boat that has enough room for supplies. We wouldn't be able to move that fast but I think it would be quite a good option for families especially if you need to stay mobile.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

OH GOD NO !!! I'd NEVER take this beast as a BO vehicle~! I hated em' then I hate em now.. way to slow and even nosier than the doush 1/2 !! and definitely NOT rated for high speed, ground only no pavement max speed is i think 35mph, for safety sake

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xtr3m3paranoia

no boats for me im a land lover and scare of tsunamis

and typhoons im glad i dont live near the oceans,

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by redoubt

OH GOD NO !!! I'd NEVER take this beast as a BO vehicle~! I hated em' then I hate em now.. way to slow and even nosier than the doush 1/2 !! and definitely NOT rated for high speed, ground only no pavement max speed is i think 35mph, for safety sake

I assume you mean the BRDM-2... the Codpiece

Hey, they weren't that bad... unless you were a cold war Russian locked up inside of one along the Czech border

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
German Panzer or Tiger Tank. Or the Bat Mobile from Dark Knight.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Scary is this:
upload.wikimedia.org...

Gamma Goats were dangerous animals on wheels. Rumor has always had it that Frank Lloyd Wright designed this thing and when it turned out to be so bad, they took his name off of it.

They look like they could be fun... but they are like a G/F on forever PMS...

EDIT:

An old army buddy squared me and my faulty memory away. Not Frank Lloyd Wright but Buckminster Fuller.

Oh my aching brain.

edit on 2-9-2011 by redoubt because: correct

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

tiger tanks has massive engineering problems and were prone to

EXPLODE on their own.

i pass on nazi machinery feel free to drive around in a lighter

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The duce 1/2 isn't make for close combat, never was, support only, yes.. it has a 50cal bracket you can use which is nice and quite handy when you need one.

But, i have a close friend of mine and his son, 20yeas old, that builds rock climbers and remod's his new 4x4's into a machine that can nearly do what these beasts can do, climbing wise; obviously w/o the towing power or hauling capacity.

Hauling is what this beast was made for to get in and out in extreme terrains.

Truly, if I had the $,$$$,$$$.00 I would w/o hesitation I first grab me a HUMVEE

and NOT the civi type!!
that's only if money is not an issue, but, the only prob I have with the Duce1/2 is when the SHTF, where you gonna get parts and fuel, everything will be in lock down and your **** because all the parts for these vechicals are special made, meaning .. non-interchangable ..

Having a solid 4x4, MADE to go and do what it was designed for makes more sense because they use gas, and parts are/can be interchangeable with some modifications..

something to cook your noodle is; when the SHTF, your gonna need to stay moble. Duce1/2 are loud and chew threw fuel like a fish in water..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm partial to 2 wheels. Fast, dependable, low profile, fuel efficient,

Outfitted properly it can take you to places so isolated that the only other human you see will also be on a bike or on foot.

edit on 2-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

totally agree~!! this wold be my 2 or 3rd choice, they run FOREVER before needing any parts replaced and @ 70mpg.......it's a perfect choice~!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hmmmmm.....Perhaps the Bat Mobile will have to do.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

reply to post by redoubt

Hey, they weren't that bad... unless you were a cold war Russian locked up inside of one along the Czech border

no im talking about the ammo hauler you got posted LOL.. yea.. I'll pass .. ugh ..

just say'n

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

reply to post by redoubt

no im talking about the ammo hauler you got posted LOL.. yea.. I'll pass .. ugh ..

just say'n

Hey, sokay. Everyone has a right to an opinion

edit on 2-9-2011 by redoubt because: html snafu

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

which batmobile the one from the dark knight series with christian bale?

if so then yeah

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would like to avoid the bug out scenario all together.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1df75006c833.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought this one was interesting.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63fed080d339.jpg[/atsimg]

But realistically this would be me.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a28de345735e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I`ll take an M113 APC.
Its versitile, able to equip everything from anti-tank TOW missiles, 20mm Vulcan Gatling-cannon, .50 Ma-Duece, 40mm grenade launchers to Engineering/Recovery equipment, ambulance kit.
Its flyable, able to be packed into a C-130(which i will aqurie in a SHTF) i think maybe Chinook portable as well. And it swims.
youtu.be...
All thats missing here is a couple of fishing poles and a cooler full of beer!
edit on 2-9-2011 by StratosFear because: Awwwww i wanted to embed the video.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

yeah that one is cool too.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Trek 7200 Bike with a custom built trailer. No need for Gas, and can carry all essentials. I ride daily. I can be 100 miles distant from my home in around 6 hours. in 12 hours 200 miles. With tent, steri pen, freeze dried foods, I can go south to the forest on side roads and no one will really know or care. And my wife has an identical bike that will do the same. there may be no gas or diesel to be had
DH

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join