It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee Precision 50th Anniversary Reloading Kit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I was looking at reloading kits to get my son for his birthday
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2b21a5d956f.jpg[/atsimg]

anyway I found this one from cheaper than dirt...
Lee Precision 50th Anniversary Reloading Kit

for just under $90 bucks its a pretty good deal... of course I'll still have to buy him dies... No Daddy isnt giving up his reloading gear... I'm not that good a dad...

Includes:
Breech Lock Challenger press
One breech lock quick change bushing
Powder handling system
Perfect powder measure
Lee Safety scale
Powder funnel
Case preparation tools
Large and small Safety Prime
Warranty

Lee Precision 50th Anniversary Reloading Kit -
Reloading kit includes the Breech Lock Challenger Press and three Breech Lock quick change bushings. You get a complete powder handling system, with the most convenient and repeatable perfect powder measure. Plus the Lee safety scale, the most sensitive and safest of all powder scales and fill your case with the included powder funnel. Case preparation tools include a cutter and lock stud to trim your cases. An included Lee chamfer tool chamfers the inside and outside of the case mouth and a tube of premium sizing lube is included. A small and large primer pocket cleaning tool completes the case preparation package.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

As cool as this is - I immediately imagine what the AP article would look like when they raid your home. "A stock pile of illegal weapons and materials to produce weaponry were found..."?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Might have to pick one up, I have been wanting another press to do rifle loads better than what I have. My Lee Pro1000 has been working perfectly since 93 when I bought it set up for .45acp for $150, now it is $250. I cannot even imagine how many bullets I have made with this press, my best guess would be a minimum of 20,000. Lee also has good customer service as well, they have always bent over backwards to help me.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I can provide them a photo of my work shop
for the story...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f20d2c523e47.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That's a very nice setup at a nice price. I have always liked Lee, especially the hand press. I used a set of them with Redding dies to load 6PPC for bench.They worked great, being able to rapidly load at the range was always a benefit. My club had different classes for fun and I used a Ruger #1 in 6PPC in Commercial Unmodified, lots of fun, lots of wins.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I don't think you realize how many people reload their own ammo. It's hilarious to me when people go shooting and just leave their brass, then go buy some more ammo

As for the reloading set, it's a nice way to get started, and that press will never crap out on him. I'd recommend throwing in an electronic scale though. I can't stand using balances lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman
reply to post by ararisq

I don't think you realize how many people reload their own ammo. It's hilarious to me when people go shooting and just leave their brass, then go buy some more ammo

I know it. I love it when people with more money than sense comes up and blows through 400 rounds in 20 minutes and then leave it all laying. I pick it up and right into the tumbler it goes.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

thanks to folks leaving their brass at the range I now find myself needing a bigger tumbler...
I bet I got 10,000 rounds of verious Cal's some I will use, some I'll trade off... but I still police up each and every round I find... waste not want not... right???

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I keep all the brass that I reload for and then the rest goes into a five gallon bucket until full. Then I take it to the recycling center, my last trip netted $125 for that bucket of brass.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

I keep all the brass that I reload for and then the rest goes into a five gallon bucket until full. Then I take it to the recycling center, my last trip netted $125 for that bucket of brass.

Sounds good deal.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I use that press myself. never had a problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here, we have people that show up at the range not to shoot, but to pick up brass. That is a nice reloading station and work bench..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSnowman

No, I know. I looked at different reloaders last year. I was just reminded of all of the articles recently where someone was accused of being a 'cult' or 'terrorist' because he had a few guns and several hundred rounds of ammunition and the gun control nuts asking why anyone would need several hundred rounds. I need to stop posting today though because those same people are sending my blood pressure up.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I too have been thinking of getting another press. I have a Lee single stage press I got for $5 back in the 80's when I joined the NRA. It has worked well over the years, but it is slow when you need to change the dies after each step.

top topics

join