It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Round Up Blacks, Put Them In Prison Camps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
And to think, NATO helped these guys from the beginning, US Special forces and others they rounded up. It is now known that the US had a presence there months before they publicly claimed they did.

and to think Khaddafi and his government allowed Islamic religious groups to essentially persecute / harras / kill non muslims.

The things people chose to care about.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, since illegal migrants from Africa were going into EU (mainly Italy) from Lybia in large numbers and since EU repeatedly asked Qaddafi to stop it (which he did not) i will not be amazed if stopping the immigration and not oil was the real reason for revolution and NATO involvement in Lybia. After all, Italy and France were the main force pushing for NATO action.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Silvio Berlusconi just got tired of trying to recreate Moammar's harems, and just wanted to see if he could just go take them.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

the rage and vomit I feel right now are unspeakable, according to Manners & Decorum.

Our nations have helped these middle-age beings in their Sharia Law War USING OUR TAXES. We're governed by the most gigantic bunch of evil idiots ever suffered in the World History.

Im incensed.

I hope this isn't going to make you feel worse, but to boot - these animals which NATO has armed, financed and supported are Al Qaeda - at least a significant number of them are known AQ guys, and their commander, who is liaising with NATO is a known Al Qaeda terroristand ex POW. He has admitted fighting against the coalition in Iraq, apparently, and was a friend of OBL. .
edit on 2-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Oh, for God's sake... Thanks for sharing, Wcitizen.

They're using the Parliament as a gigantic Circus Tent to keep people focused on the show, while raising taxes to preserve their status and personal war issues in the name of social wealth. Lies, lies, lies. They'll never talk about this, AQ terrorists armed by our own governments in a Mediterranean nation. It's scary, how did we got this low? Woooo they'll never have the chivalry required to step forward and admit they did it bastardly wrong. They think we're mushrooms and feed us with # and darkness.

I think Im shutting this down and go shooting baskets now. We fortunately still have family, friends and neighbours to rely on. I'll prepare some saturday meal later. I'll focus on the petty wonderful things on reach. That's what I'll do.

Thank you,
and have a wonderful day

person-to-person smile

ATT

edit on 3/9/11 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
sorry .. but.. in the light of this video.. and the thread that was posted from it.. and it being taken down within 1-2 mins of posting.. I have my suspensions now..

edit on 3-9-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
reply to post by wcitizen

Oh, for God's sake... Thanks for sharing, Wcitizen.

They're using the Parliament as a gigantic Circus Tent to keep people focused on the show, while raising taxes to preserve their status and personal war issues in the name of social wealth. Lies, lies, lies. They'll never talk about this, AQ terrorists armed by our own governments in a Mediterranean nation. It's scary, how did we got this low? Woooo they'll never have the chivalry required to step forward and admit they did it bastardly wrong. They think we're mushrooms and feed us with # and darkness.

I think Im shutting this down and go shooting baskets now. We fortunately still have family, friends and neighbours to rely on. I'll prepare some saturday meal later. I'll focus on the petty wonderful things on reach. That's what I'll do.

Thank you,
and have a wonderful day

person-to-person smile

ATT

It's the best thing to do, friend. Have a lovely day.

edit on 3/9/11 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I thought those rebels where just, freedom fighters, and humanitarians? I have been skeptical of this lot since this whole fiasco began. However, apparently things are winding down in the Libyan Conflict, and this bunch will have the power. I can only expect more of what is being highlighted in the OP.

There is going to be a massive power vacuum left by Gaddafi. In that vacuum people are going to settle scores, rob and steal from each other, commit terrorist attacks, and atrocities. After any conflict there is always a mop-up job of undesirables, and stragglers from the losing side. This group of rebels have some seedy allegations leveled against from fighting in foreign insurgencies, committing terrorist acts, and having radical Islamic leanings. Yet, those in the West are so sure about them, and are even ready to start cutting checks?

I think the videos and reports are only the tip of the iceberg about who these rebels are and what they represent. As I have said over and over again, what we have here is trading one dictator for a bunch of mini-dictators with chips on their shoulders. Unfortunately, they are free to maim and mutilate as much as desired, because of protections by the UN and NATO. Another serious concern to take into account, is what will happen to all the nuclear materials left from Gaddafi's now defunct nuke program, chemical and biological weapons, and sophisticated weaponry acquired from Gaddafi's supporters in the past. If those fall into wrong hands, this conflict will no longer be regional, but international in scope. I fear the Western Powers have shook another hornet's nest and people are going to get stung. The victims from the OP are the first, but who will be next on the agenda as the mop-up operation continues?

edit on 3-9-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The West are not the ones who started the uprisings, and I am not sure why you and others continue to push that without any supporting documentation at all. Are some people really that embarrased that rebels can change their governments all by their lonesome?

Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan, Bahrain, Syria, etc etc etc....

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I never said the West had anything to do with the uprising in Libya or elsewhere for that matter. All I said was I am skeptical of this group. I have no idea who they are? I am not the only who has this opinion of them. I hope my concerns are unfounded and that they are compassionate, virtuous, and value true freedom and human rights. Or are the Libyan people getting a monster worse than Gaddafi? This group has been alleged to have partaken in some very heinous activities. I mentioned a lot of that in my previous post.

I am skeptical of any group of people taking up arms at great risk to the general population, and a nation as a whole. Rebellion has always been a dirty affair, and innocent people have been killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I will continue to watch the actions of these rebels very closely, and I would hope the international community will do the same. I value freedom and liberty like the next person, but not by the end of a bayonet or through terror and mayhem. I am not embarrassed that the common person can rise-up and overthrow tyranny. More power to them, but I am concerned if their heads are not in the right place.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Uprisings in the Middle East will always follow the goofy path of confusion over clarity. They are capable of overthrowing a dictator, however in the end not all the people who participated in that overthrow share the same ideals. Obviously there will be groups invovled who are pushing their own agenda..

My thing is people seem to be labeling every single person who did not like Khaddafi as a terrorist with ulterior motives, and as we have seen that is not the case.

Prime example would be the title of this thread... Not all rebels rounded up blacks....

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I hope you are not thinking that I am giving a blanket indictment of the rebels, because I am not. There are bad apples in every bunch, and that goes without question. I am only perturbed by what is being said about the rebels by some in the media. Scathing allegations! Like killing US troops in Iraq, ties to extremism, and resorting to atrocities on the battlefield.

Hopefully, all of it is wrong and Libya can push forward to a new future? A future of tolerance, freedom and justice, prosperity, and modern political thought. I have not past judgment on them, but I will continue to be on fence about them. In the meantime, I guess it does not hurt to at least give them the benefit of a doubt. Thanks for the reply, and I can see where you are coming from.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

As the saying goes the pathway to hell is paved with good intentions. As with any group, you will have segment that has ulterior motives and run their own agenda, and the rebels in Libya, Us forces in Iraq / Afghanistan, Hamas, Fatah, and from Russia to China, you will find it.

What I take exception to is the blanket perception and argument some give. I took part of your argument as that, a blanket endorsement so to speak that all rebels are guilty. Since you have clarified that part I thank you, as it makes your position clear and shows me where you are coming from, so thank you.

I agree and hope that at some point common sense prevails and people are allowed to worship who they want, vote for who they want, be friends with who they want, all without the fear of being dragged out and killed because it differs from others beliefs.

Thre will always be evil... We just need to be careful to not attach that label to anyone with a differing opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I did see a news report on this couple days ago... a group of Africans were being held at gunpoint but all they were doing was working over there they said trying to earn enough cash to get to Italy!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The current regime is one set of religious dictators.

The rebels are a different set of want-to-be religious dictators. They are Al-Qaeda. Al Qaeda has a set political agenda that you don't need to look far to find.

Al Qaeda rebels have been being put in jail in Libya for quite some time now by Moammar's regime. Saif had an entire documentary and a manual of reconciliation on how to work with these rebels.

The people who are the Freedom and Democracy rebels will be rounded up by BOTH sides at the first opportunity and executed. They are a very small minority of the people.

None of these people are good for Libya. None of them will make for a stable state. If the rebels take over, they will probably expel the "black dogs" that Moammar was making nice with. At the same time, they will be working with the other Al Qaeda groups of Africa towards a single state.

If NATO, and you and I support these people against the Gadhaffi's, here is what is going to happen:

Al Qaeda will finally have a single nation state in Africa with many resources that it can use to push its agenda of a single Pan Islamic state. One in which they will claim that they are the rightful leaders in Africa.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So, we are helping Al Qaeda set up their resource rich capital in Africa.

We are helping to alleviate the strain in Somalia. After which, Al Shabab will return and the two sides of the pincer movement for the Horn of Africa will be in place. Between that, and the other side of the Gulf being controlled by countries with vested interests in Pan Islamic State, this political group will control the economic gate of the Suez.

BRILLIANT. We are helping to set up every aspect of fracking ourselves, our trade, and setting up a superpower.

Our nations deserve a fracking medal for stupidity.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Gee... I wonder why the focus on foreign fighters?

Old news:

The Khamis Brigade, named after Gaddafi's youngest son, was reported to be flying in additional mercenaries from African countries as recently as Wednesday, according to Omar Khattaly, a co-founder of the Libyan Working Group, an exile human rights group with offices in Atlanta and Europe. Some of the mercenaries were landing at what used to be the U.S. Wheelus Air Base, near Tripoli.

Identity cards from Guinea, Niger, Chad, Mauritania and Sudan were reportedly found on individuals wearing Libyan uniforms and killed in the eastern city of Benghazi and other locations.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Mercenaries. No patriotism to Libya, just guns for hire.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
tv.globalresearch.ca...

The independent journalists are the target because they say the truth. The coverage of the war on Libya has centered on Gadaffi. Not a word has been mentioned regarding the devastation and loss of life caused by NATO's bombings of civilian targets, including the intensive bombings of Tripoli.

I think that the "independent" journalists here are not so unbiased. However, I think that the rebels and NATO and the Qaddaffi regime are all wrong in this one. Plus NATO is setting up all the member nations by support Al-Qaeda and essentially giving them the new resource rich capital for the Pan Islamic State.

I am deeply disturbed by their actions. Not because I love the current regime. I have no urge to defend the current regime. I don't like setting up a new superpower that *HATES* me with my tax dollars.
edit on 2011/9/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's another article.

www.thenationonlineng.net...

My blood is boiling....

The western world does not care about black Africans. Neither do the black people living in the western world care about them, because they usually follow what the western media says.

Yes, I said it...

Here's another one:

blackstarnews.com...

edit on 5-9-2011 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

The western world does not care about black Africans.

Generally speaking, no. I don't really care about the white variety, either. Or [insert color] Russians, for that matter. The list continues....

Neither do the black people living in the western world care about them, because they usually follow what the western media says.

This isn't really a racial issue. It's like dealing with Mexicans in the U.S. It's more of a migrant status thing and ideological thing than anything else.

The issue is that this is what happens when you dismantle a country's security forces and simply operate on 'good faith' with rebels. Now we know that -many- of the key leadership behind this rebellion are AQ and Muslim Brotherhood.

Oops.

Personally - I think we should just glass the whole region. It will be less trouble in the long run, for everybody.

But, for some odd reason, people don't recognize the value of genocide in foreign relations. I'm usually shut down pretty quick in my argument with threats on my life, a quite ironic tactic, given the logical backing for my own.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join