It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality provides evidence that there's a soul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

What I'm going to say isn't personally directed at you but.

Everyone should quit trying to make theories sound like it's the absolute truth.
Bare in mind that it is only a theory. Same goes for Science, Einsteins theories
of relativity is only but just a theory nothing more nothing less simple as that.

If someone proves that a theory which the foundation of many other theories which
have been believed to be facts is wrong then we have a big mess there. Get what I'm
saying? Well not to go off topic here so I will say.

I too believe in reincarnation but the soul does not have a sex according to what I know.
That only it's energy in the vessel's shape, of course it's only a matter of belief because we don't
know the truth but......Homosexuality is choice, every person is free to make their own choice.

Apparently it's been said that homosexuality can be "cured" by physiological therapy....but then
again you can use that therapy on a heterosexual person to become homosexual. So it's all
up to the individual, you cannot hate or dislike someone for who they are or what they do unless
it relates to you or has a form of harm, with that being said I hope that egoistic people
can stop following the crowd like cattle.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Oh and no one is born gay.......just thought i should let you in on that.

Good God, not this crap again.

Show me your sources for this statement. As I've told others like you previously, you are in no position to make any such statement unless you unless you know it to be fact. As it is, it's just your opinion and it's wrong at that. I'm gay and I was most certainly born gay. As a child, I I always felt different. Not special, not unique, I simply I felt differently to my male peers. It's not that I wanted to play with dolls or skipping ropes but I found other boys cute and had crushes on them, not girls. Obviously it was confusing to me as a child and I kept it to myself but when puberty kicked in, my hormones went into overdrive and those little crushes developed into full blown sexual attraction. I've never had the same feelings for females. Statements like yours just highlight your arrogance and ignorance. Unless you've experienced what I and other gay men have experienced, you don't have the right to make such ill-informed pronouncements.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
For those a bit more intellectually minded, here is one of my favorite lectures from Professor Paul Fry on "Queer theory and Gender Performativity", where the theories of Judith Butler are compared to those of Michel Foucault.

What I find quite crucial is that heterosexuality simply doesn't exist as "straightness" without at least the possibility, or unspoken existence of "homosexuality".

At least in Western culture the two positions have become binaries.
You might enjoy whatever sex you like, but you cannot know you are heterosexual without the narrative existence of the homosexual.
It's impossible.
Similarly, you cannot know that what you eat is raw, until you learn that something can be cooked by comparison.

So rejoice oh straight people, the gay people have made you all heterosexual!
You wouldn't even realize how "special" you were without us; and vice versa.

edit on 2-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Yeah right.

You explain nothing.
I don't like this thread.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

You've been caught, troll!

Quick, get the high beams ready.

You explain nothing.
I don't like your post.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thought provoking to be sure Matrix Rising. Well done.

If we believe in the reincarnating Soul,we accept that the Soul is completely separate from the Individual,and the Personality is property of the Individual,not the infinite Soul. The Individual occurs as the Soul becomes carnate,and the Personality of the Individual is formed via life experiences and environment in any given incarnation etc.

So if we believe in reincarnation,we must know that the Soul craves knowledge,and this is only achieved by living and learning thru various experiences and differing realities. We can only learn so much in any given lifetime,and so we are compelled to return to the physical world over and over,each time to a different set of circumstances,changing each lesson in each incarnation. Is it so difficult to imagine that our genderless Soul would at some point seek out the various sexual possibilities in order to learn from each?

I've always thought we should use caution when criticizing,condemning,ridiculing,persecuting,judging others harshly etc,because compassion is oftentimes gained thru understanding,and the only real way to fully understand a thing,is to live it. Look down your nose,hate,harm people who's lives are repugnant to you,you may get a turn living their life at some point.

The Soul as a mosaic. Yes,I can see that.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: spelling

edit on 2-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but Bisexual people completely contradict that theory, Along with Asexuals. Also, many Gay men are manly, also a notable number of straight men are still effeminate.

And, there's a heavy difference between homosexuals and transgendered people. Most gay people feel completely aligned with their physical gender, while transgendered ones don't feel mentally or spiritually aligned. So if anyone had a mismatched soul, It wouldn't be homosexuals.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Good point!
But, is anyone ever really "aligned" with their gender?
Surely at the point of "alignment" there would be no more need to discuss it.
It would be simply experienced.

Instead, there seems to a constant anxiety to correctly perform a historically constructed gendered role in all groups.
That hardly speaks of alignment?

The same is probably true of the performance of having a "soul" or "spirituality".

People who regard themselves as spiritual nowadays may be very different from the daily spiritual performance of Origen, or St Paul, or even Martin Luther.

Maybe that mystical truth to gender or the soul exists, but it is obscured by our material culture.
So I would say we cannot really know what it is.

Hence, the OP could be both right and wrong.

Sexuality and the soul are both experienced existence to many people.
However, since you can't define homosexuality without heterosexuality, you can't have homosexuality as a proof for the soul, without an implicit existence of heterosexuality.

edit on 2-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I see Where you are coming from with your logic and i will agree with some people who have said you have it very black and white. I have a question..what about the bisexuals? I dont like sterotyping but if i had to describe myself i would fall into the bisexual catagory. I have both loved men and loved women. I have been this way since about age 7. It is my belief i didnt choose to feel the way that i do. Admitedly i do and have always said that i feel more masculine then fem, on the other hand how by your philosophy would that explain why i am also attracted to men? People say you cant have in betweens but i assure you, you can. I am genuinely attracted to both and genuinely love both. Its not all purely sexual or physical. And while i feel more like a man i appear very fem Soft features..now sometimes i wake up in the morning sounding like barry white but thats the smoking not a birth defect. And for all the "christians" out there that are screaming and yelling homosexuals are going to hell do me a favor and look in the mirror. You are not to judge anyone! further more any homosexuals contemplating the thought that how they genuinely feel will lead them to hell STOP. I will tell you i have a personal relationship with christ. God is not the smiter that everyone thinks that he is. Homosexual,smoker, drug addict, prostitute, preacher..god bad or indifferent..it doesnt matter god loves you regardless. Do you honestly think god would want you to be someone your not? to lie to yourself to please him? NEVER. as long as you stay true to yourself and be happy is whats desired. Anywho back on track..i think OP you might be onto something but i also think its a tad bit more complicated then that. Im not sure how and i cant prove or disprove but its just the feeling i get. Some things we will never get the answer too. Never hurts to search though. thanks for your opinion on the matter.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Sexual urges and desire are mostly linked to physical requirements, reproduction, release of 'feel good' chems in the brain, e.t.c.

The most probable explaination for homosexuality is some kind of (pardon the negative connontations in this phrase) Birth defect like autisim or downs syndrome as homosexuality seems to have no functionality in the natural world ie: it serves no obvious purpose.

Ok so i'm not visiting this post again so you'll have to private message me all of your condemnation and anger.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Speaking as one of those masculine-type gays that apparently get slightly more approval in your world-view (so cheers for that, I need the approval of heterosexuals to live my life) I'd just say this....

If you think people aren't born gay, you must think it's a choice. Logically, that would mean that all people are born attracted to both men and women, and at some point most of them choose to be heterosexual and about 3,5,10% whatever choose to be gay.

So tell us when you made your choice, and what factors made you decide to give up, or suppress, your attraction to men and go strictly with women?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonvexatious

If you think people aren't born gay, you must think it's a choice. Logically, that would mean that all people are born attracted to both men and women, and at some point most of them choose to be heterosexual and about 3,5,10% whatever choose to be gay.

So tell us when you made your choice, and what factors made you decide to give up, or suppress, your attraction to men and go strictly with women?

What does it matter if someone chooses to be gay?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
We call things supernatural just because science has no real idea what it is.

No-one is born gay lol, we are all born and grow up with different vulnerabilities/tests in life, it's called a conscience that stops us from acting on what we know inside to be wrong, those who choose to be gay knew at one stage that what they were thinking about was wrong(just as a thief often knows he's doing the wrong thing prior to stealing something), but when a sick society goes from calling homosexuality a disease(50 years ago) to saying they are perfectly natural, well they lose all sense of reality and start to think their perverted homosexual tendencies should indeed be acted on rather than fought, the same as a thief can often eventually convince themself that they are doing the right thing by stealing, after all doesnt our perverted science tell us that it's just survival of the fittest after all. On that note why do we see all the ape'eists/atheists on ATS(and around the world) whinge about rape/theft/TPTB/etc?, they are just acting on your beliefs(or lack their of) of survival of the fittest, we're all just animals right? and it's a dog eat dog world so ape'ism tells us.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Whilst I like your theory OP you are kind of basing your theory on stereotypical homosexuals.

I am a lesbian, a very feminine, attractive and womanly lesbian. Never have I felt that I have a man's soul or ever felt that I'm a man in a woman's body.

I embody everything feminine and relish being a woman, I just also happen to be attracted to other women.

The same goes for men, as someone stated, not all gay men are effeminate or 'campy'.

I enjoyed reading your thoughts all the same though!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis

I am a lesbian, a very feminine, attractive and womanly lesbian.

Pics? or it didnt happen, alot of fugly people think they are attractive

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

the same as a thief can often eventually convince themself that they are doing the right thing by stealing

How can you compare it to theft? There is a victim when a thief robs someone, thats why it is wrong. There is no victim when two homosexuals have sex. Homosexuality is not morally wrong in any way.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybe the soul is neutral but to get into a human body it needs energy, that energy can be male or female energy, now the soul knows that if they ride this male energy down they will most likely be a male but there is a chance they could inhabit a female body.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No, homosexuality is biological.

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

People like you still exist? There are people that still think homosexuality is a choice? Really? Please hold on to your britches and read the attatchment on my last post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join