It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Behaving Badly - Nigeria Riots Leave 21 Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by mobiusmale

It may be that Nigera will have to be split in half in order to appease the Muslims.

This occurred to me as well...it might avert an all-out civil war.

At some point, though, one of the two new nations would likely decide that they need to "liberate" the other and reunify the Country...which would take us back to the beginning, only with tanks and planes, instead of machetes and arrows.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Right. And so concession here for a split would just be giving into the maddness.

Nigeria separatists see treason charges dropped

Might find this interesting.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Barring people from citizenship on the basis of their religious affiliation? Unacceptable behaviour...and guaranteed to cause long term strife between groups.

Attacking and killing people, creating societal tiers based on religion is not acceptable for any reason, in my view. One set of laws for all...freedom to worship (non-violently)...separation of church and state...are the only ways to go.

Shame on the people claiming to be Christians who perpetrated this slaughter. I can guarantee you that Christ would not agree...and would in fact be horrified to know...that these people were murdered in His name.

The more I read up on this issue the more puzzled I am by these statements. The muslims ARE NOT being barred from citizenship becouse of their religious affiliation. Most of the strif in that country has been due to the massive slaughter and oppression that has been commited by the muslims on the christains for many decades now. Muslims hild high positions in that country and have the greater control of a large portion of it.

You can be asured that if anyone should be called slaughters it is the muslims.

Heres a problem...yea Christ wouldnt agree....but Mohammad and Allah would....theres your probelm. All the christains should line up like sheep to the slaughter then!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Obviously the river's name and the racial slur stem from the same route, from the Latin word meaning ''black''.

However, the river N-i-g-e-r - which spawned the two country's names - has nothing to do with skin colour. The racial slur does.

Simples.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/478d18ac76e3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Whaaaaat?, religious folk killing eachother in the name of a man in the sky? Your pulling my leg!!

Honestly, These religions talk about peace and love and yet throughout time have barely been able to lead by example, its hilarious. I wish extremists would take up a hobby or something - Like knitting.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The more I read up on this issue the more puzzled I am by these statements. The muslims ARE NOT being barred from citizenship becouse of their religious affiliation. Most of the strif in that country has been due to the massive slaughter and oppression that has been commited by the muslims on the christains for many decades now. Muslims hild high positions in that country and have the greater control of a large portion of it.

You can be asured that if anyone should be called slaughters it is the muslims.

Heres a problem...yea Christ wouldnt agree....but Mohammad and Allah would....theres your probelm. All the christains should line up like sheep to the slaughter then!

I am not as studied on the political issues in Nigeria as you seem to be, regarding citizenship...I was only able to comment on the statements made in the referenced article.

I agree that there is a massive moral divide between the teachings of the respective prophets involved, which overall makes Islam a much more dangerous faith. I do not think that we need to sit idly by as Muslims attack innocent Christians (or each other for that matter). We need to fight back in terms of aggressively applying the "rule of law" across the board.

And...Christians should not, ever, sink to the level of killing people of other faiths for things like the simple act of praying.

Criminal behaviour is criminal behaviour.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yea thats what I am saying. But it has more to do with why say Irish are called "Mics" in one respect and english were called "lyme" in another.

As well that word could be of Greek origin, taken into latin, and had been shown to be used in some ancient literature as sort of a proper name along the lines of say calling someone a European. So it may have meaning along those lines before it was ever used as a color word. Thats why I posted that info on the kingdom of Nri.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Its not clear that they were killed for praying or that the fighting started over something so simple. Another source I read said the police killed muslim rioters.

It also may be that anyone that isnt muslim there may be considered "christain" so this could be something ambiguous and semantical. Truly the history of the muslims in that country is so bloody and their slaughter of christian so wanton that it should not suprise anyone if were a group of atheists that had attacked them.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Triple Post.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Double Post.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

It's all good, mate.

I think that we were at cross purposes. My comments were in relation to the over-zealous ATS automatic censors, which - in trying to prevent people from bypassing the ''N word'' censor - make it impossible to spell the names of two West African countries.

I also thought that the river N-i-g-e-r stemmed from its apparent blackness to the European colonialists, and not from a historic West African kingdom.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Whaaaaat?, religious folk killing eachother in the name of a man in the sky? Your pulling my leg!!

Honestly, These religions talk about peace and love and yet throughout time have barely been able to lead by example, its hilarious. I wish extremists would take up a hobby or something - Like knitting.

Yeah, because humans are normally so peaceful, but for that pesky religion. You wouldn't catch humans killing each other because of anger, hatred, jealousy or just for the fun of it. Humans are hugely tolerant, and people don't get killed because of philosophical or political differences, or because they support different sporting teams.

In fact, if it wasn't for religious differences, then everyone would be frolicking in meadows with snow-white fluffy bunnies, under a resplendent, perpetual rainbow.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

But now, out of Nigeria, comes this report of Christians attacking and killing Muslims simply because they were praying at the end of Ramadan in a location that (for some reason) offended some people. Complete craziness...and I deplore these actions as completely and loudly as I have done similar acts by Muslims.

The problem is, that those actions which are the most morally deplorable, are usually also those which are the most tactically effective. If hypothetically speaking, you were planning to strike an Islamic population, Ramadan *would* be the most advantageous time to do so, because you would catch them entirely unaware and unarmed.

As far as I am concerned, there genuinely is an Islamic push to conquer the entire planet. You don't need to study Islamic theology to know that; a simple look at the statistics associated with the attrocities that they commit, should suffice. Norwegian natives in particular, account for as little as 20% of the overall population. Many of Europe's ethnic groups are literally fighting for their very continued existence, at this point.

Given that this is the case, it is not exactly surprising that people will attempt to defend themselves. The Muslims are currently using seige tactics; the contemporary jihad is a war of attrition. A lot of the time they won't attack people directly, because they risk losing the sympathy of non-Islamic leftists if they do so. Their strategic doctrine is one of subtle gradualism. They continually seek legal and social concessions in the direction of Sharia, continue to flood non-Islamic countries with their own populations, continue to run their own birth rates as high as possible...and wait.

I have begun to realise that in truth, Islam is a much more serious threat to the rest of humanity, than most of us think.
edit on 4-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

It may be that Nigera will have to be split in half in order to appease the Muslims.

This occurred to me as well...it might avert an all-out civil war.

At some point, though, one of the two new nations would likely decide that they need to "liberate" the other and reunify the Country...which would take us back to the beginning, only with tanks and planes, instead of machetes and arrows.

Not really. Muslims in the North have acted up(butchered hundreds of Christians and animalist's(a local religion)) demanding "their share of the Christian south's Oil revenue". Really, Islam needs to remain contained to the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Look up this word for more info.....egerew nig-erewen....it may be interesting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join