It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Behaving Badly - Nigeria Riots Leave 21 Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am one of the first on ATS to jump all over Muslims for their penchant toward violent actions and reactions. I have, very often, spoken out against those within (or claiming to be within) this Religion...for their acts of violence against innocent citizens around the world.

No need to go into detail, or to cite examples of this kind of behaviour...it is all over the news and all over ATS every day.

But now, out of Nigeria, comes this report of Christians attacking and killing Muslims simply because they were praying at the end of Ramadan in a location that (for some reason) offended some people. Complete craziness...and I deplore these actions as completely and loudly as I have done similar acts by Muslims.

A group of rioters on Monday attacked Muslims praying over the end of Ramadan in a primarily Christian neighborhood, using knives, machetes and bows and arrows, Nigeria's National Emergency Management Agency said. At least four people died Monday, as witnesses said more than 50 vehicles and 100 motorcycles were set ablaze during the fighting.

Come on people of the world...get a grip!

The government of Plateau state, where Jos is the capital, is controlled by Christian politicians who have blocked Muslims from being legally recognized as citizens. That has locked many out of prized government jobs in a region where the tourism industry and tin mining have collapsed in the last decades.

SOURCE

Edit: I have no idea why this link is not working...if you go to Fox News, and search under World News you will find the story I am trying to link to. The story is at www.foxnews.com at /world/2011/09/02/21-dead-in-religious-rioting-in-central-nigeria/. Weird...and sorry

www.cp24.com...igeria/20110902/?hub=CP24Extras

Barring people from citizenship on the basis of their religious affiliation? Unacceptable behaviour...and guaranteed to cause long term strife between groups.

Attacking and killing people, creating societal tiers based on religion is not acceptable for any reason, in my view. One set of laws for all...freedom to worship (non-violently)...separation of church and state...are the only ways to go.

Shame on the people claiming to be Christians who perpetrated this slaughter. I can guarantee you that Christ would not agree...and would in fact be horrified to know...that these people were murdered in His name.

edit on 2-9-2011 by mobiusmale because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by mobiusmale because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/2/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed source link

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
S+F

Nice find, i haddnt heard about this yet.

I litterally just posted about this (religous misbehavour) and its almost tempting to just paste it in here too.

Every religon got some nutcases and they definlty make eveyone else look very bad when they errupt.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Christians behaving badly,,,??? lol

remember ww2,,
that was Christians behaving badly,,

well except for the Russians and Asians,,,

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

And the Pope and his ilk have never done wrong.........

nor God fearing Christian parents who abuse children......

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The link that you provided does not work.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Still does not work. Perhaps it was a Bogus story and has been removed.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Ha ha! My mom used to beat me in the name of Jesus.

Christians behaving badly. Well, isn't that the MO throughout the centuries, once Christianity became the state religion of the Romans and the religion-tied governments that followed after Rome?

Thanks for bringing up this latest episode of Christianity gone wrong, OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Some history about Muslim violence against non muslim citizens in that country would be usefull to understanding whats going on in Nigeria. Its clear that the Muslims are trying to take over that country and they ARE NOT for any sort of diversity and as such their violent actions over the last few years are seen as revolutionary and insurgent by civil authorities in that country.

As it is the death caused in this latest outburst were said to be at the hands of the police that opend fire into the maylay.

As well its fair to say that the muslims have undertaken a campaign of religious cleansing in Nigeria in the last several years being responsible for the death of thousands of non-muslims. True to their policy of conversion by the sword, they care little if you are chirstian of a secular atheist, you will be converted in Nigeria or die. This idea and the muslims ablity to act on it pushes that nation ever closer to open civil war.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
MODS, source link does not work, and the OP does not supply any other link to their thread.
This needs to be placed in either Rant or Hoax bin.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I completely agree with you and, of course, this reinforces my central point.

Freedom of worship, in a non-violent context, is the only answer to these kinds of conflicts...and this type of behaviour. Any person, or group, who pursues a religious agenda that uses "the sword" to enforce a worldview or lifestyle on other free citizens ought to be...needs to be...treated like the criminal conspiracy that it is.

Zero tolerance for Muslim extremism...zero tolerance for Christian extremism...zero tolerance for any "movement" or organization that incites its members or devotees to acts of violence.

Those who act out these violent exhortations, need to be locked up and have the key thrown away. Those who incite others through hate speech should similarly be locked up and kept away from society for very long stretches of time.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Let's just see if this one works:

FOX NEWS

Nope. That is really strange because it works fine as a link everywhere but here on ATS!!??

edit on 9/2/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

Why doesn't the OP just link to one of the other 4,290,000 results I found when I googled this?

edit on 9/2/11 by jennybee35 because: Tending someone elses business!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

FOX NEWS

Nope. That is really strange because it works fine as a link everywhere but here on ATS!!??

Why doesn't the OP just link to one of the other 4,290,000 results I found when I googled this?

"Page Not Found

The page you are looking for has either moved or is no longer available, but you may be interested in the content below."

they killed it,, no longer exists,,

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

FOX NEWS

the link has "n-word" in stead of the name of the country, im not sure you can get round this.

Nigeria instead of n-word and the link works, though since i just typed it its very odd its doing to the links only.

Its a profanity filter on this forum..
edit on 2-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

No, it's there when I search for "21 killed in religious riots". It just will not link here on ATS. I linked in e-mails and it does fine!

Weirdness.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Ahhhhhhh......I see. Well, I guess there's no getting around that, now is there?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
MODS, source link does not work, and the OP does not supply any other link to their thread.
This needs to be placed in either Rant or Hoax bin.

Having a bad day are we, or are you just a Moderator wannabe?

If you read the initial post again, which has been edited, you will see that the link will not display properly...it seems...because the link contains the character string that is the name of the country involved "nigeria", which some crafty code has figured out contains an uncomplimentary reference to a certain racial group.

If you go to the main websites I have referenced you will easily be able to find the referenced article.

So, this neither a rant, nor a hoax...just some kind of glitch in the ATS site code.

Hope this news will allow you to concentrate on the subject at hand...and unhook you from your fixation on ridding the site of a supposed hoax.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I am not for the speech part simply becouse the PTB will always write off what it dosent like as hate speech. As they say actions speak. If we dont want to wait around for action then a case for criminal conspiracy can be made but will require other evidence other than talking about it.

But really lets not cloak the clear muslim intent in that country with western liberal thought, I mean that in the classic way, of social and political ideas about fairness and balance. Taken as a whole I am more inclined to believe that non-muslims are having to defend themselves rather than doing any evangelism by the sword there. The truth is that its in the muslim court on how much "peace' we will see.

It may be that Nigera will have to be split in half in order to appease the Muslims.

As far as your point about locking up and tossing away the key....justification for this in a liberal society is based on civil law and a clear and present danger to that society and the rights of its citizens. So really any sort of discussion about religous virtue and violence may boil down to the conflict a christain might face if he decides to use force defending his family when the muslims bust down the door. No one would expect a muslim to have any sort of conflict if the situation were reversed.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The original "Source" link works now. So...click away.

I can't change the second one in the OP, because it is now more than 4 hours since the thread was created.

I posted a question about this problem in the Board Issues section, and they fixed the problem in a jiffy.

Way to go Mods!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The problem with the link is with ATS's terribly precious automatic censors.

The two West African countries of N-i-g-e-r-i-a and N-i-g-e-r are automatically flagged for a supposed egregious racial epithet, despite the fact that neither of those country's names actually have anything to do with racial slurs.

Sort it out !

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Actually they do. Look at location of Nigera on the map..and the nation north of it...the river there central to the slave trade and know long before that era not in a derogatory but a colloquialism. Anyone telling you otherwise is just pulling your leg.....trying to defuse a justifcation of its historical use. But yea it became a bad word. The common myth is that the term was given by some body in the 19th century but it was used way back as early as 1600 in english writings for the area.

The Kingdom of Nri

edit on 2-9-2011 by Logarock because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join