It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nuclear' cloud over Saint Petersburg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
First time see clouds like this formations .. lol

Published: 02 September, 2011, 15:23

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57f880226dca.png[/atsimg]

People in northern St. Petersburg on Thursday evening witnessed a strange mushroom-like cloud which bore an unnerving resemblance to a nuclear explosion. Thoughts of a disaster passed through the minds of alarmed citizens, but the Emergencies Ministry gave reassurances that none had been reported. Meteorologists say the strange-shaped cloud may have formed as a result of rare atmospheric conditions in the area, which had been experiencing alternating sun and rain showers. Doubt has been cast on the explanation by skeptics who pointed out that clouds are formed high in the sky, while the mushroom cloud appeared to be rising from the ground. Some St. Petersburg residents say photos of the cloud suggest it must have been produced artificially.

“We had fog yesterday, but it's a morning event. Of course a mushroom-shaped cloud could appear, because there were many rain clouds. But it happens at great altitude. It's unlikely to happen near the ground,” meteorologist Aleksandr Kolesov said. However, the cloud in question only gives the appearance of touching the ground but is actually as high as it is supposed to be, he added. “The photo was taken from afar, and that's why it looks like that,” he said. Atmospheric phenomena can sometimes be very peculiar. In December 2009, for instance, a Russian missile test resulted in a spiral cloud appearing in Norway's sky.

rt.com...

www.setyoufreenews.com...
edit on 2-9-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Your link does not work.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

How cool is that!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
that def looks like an explosion imo

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Saw something like that early one morning looking over towards my nearest city.
I did have a split second panic attack.

Good job I don't have a dodgy ticker.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Probably the only time you'd be able to see a mushroom shaped cloud up real close

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah i bet they were all very freaked out?!

Not sure if id have liked to be there to see it

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

The photo looks fake to me.. Thanks for the thread..
PS More smoke and mirrors!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Dalke07

The photo looks fake to me.. Thanks for the thread..
PS More smoke and mirrors!!

To0 me to00 .. xD

We see that very soon, RT make very strange news in last months .. lo0l

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
and i've seen a cloud that def looks like a bunny rabbit...doesn't mean it is a bunny rabbit tho,

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thats strange the Netherlands got one last week?? Maybe we are already being nuked..

www.telegraaf.nl...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Looks like convective activity to me (which is what I think the news story was getting at when it referred to weather conditions) - of course, if it rose up in seconds then that'd be a different matter!

Can find it off hand, but I remember a news story from a year or two ago where someone had photographed what to all intents and purposed looked like a nuclear mushroom cloud, in England. Obviously, it wasn't one!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Yeah that one was amazing, I thought it was a hoax at first, never seen it before, here is the video.

GM

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
we got one right now in las vegas directly over the nellis range. can't seem to find any info out about it though.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They are just storm clouds.

That's how hail gets produced.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't have a mini panic attack if I saw one that looked that good.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

join