It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero jobs created in August 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

way to come across like a pig.

Get lost you clown troll

Back to name calling huh.....

Way to make yourself look above the rest chief......

And yes i do believe that people need to change with the times. Or you can sit and whine about lack of work such as you are doing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Actually its closer than you think. Capitalism is failing right before our eyes.

Only in your dying Western countries. Not so here in the East. Capitalism is alive and well.

When the people who actually earn profits for a company get to see those profits we'll be closer to righting the economic ship.

If I'm a company owner and you take my profits and share it, rest assured I'll shut down and move.

For example Latin American economies...

You can pump 100 trillion dollares to Latin America and they'll just squander that on pinada parties.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In order for capitalism to work you have to have two things:
1) A level playing field for all to have a chance at making money.
2) Constantly moving cash flow.

What’s happened here is that the powerful capitalists have not only used their money to influence the lawmakers to unlevel the playing field to their advantage, but they are also hoarding 80% of the cash so only 20% is flowing at any given time.

THEN to make matters worse, these people believe that they must show a growing profit every year, which takes even more cash flow out of the system. Pretty soon, there will be 0% left to be flowing, and they will be hoarding 100% of it. The only thing that is currently keeping any cash flowing is the treasury constantly adding more cash into the system and devaluing the amount that’s in circulation.

Capitalism was never designed to allow certain individuals to hoard so much money that they can control the government or influence the markets. It simply will not work that way.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I really enjoyed reading your post, it makes a lot of sense. I am sick of hearing from ideological fanatics that the system we have is even remotely related to capitalism. I personally think corporations are the success and downfall of our system. Because they continually demand profit year over year, they act as a check to inflation, but they usually do so at the behest of the working class. As prices rise we have seen employee pay stay stagnant and executive pay increase.

Additionally corporations control major markets and it is a bit difficult without a lot of finances to even emerge to make your own living competing with these major corporations. I do not think large corporations are necessarily successful; rather, they have more financial ability to stay in business when the little guy cannot. Because of endless injections of cash into the business structure, rarely do we see a large public corporation fail and if it does is gobbled up by a larger corporation.

<< 1  2   >>

join