It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Kids' Book Of Freedom,' 9/11 Coloring Book Decried By Muslim Advocates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Remember, this is a Coloring book for your kids...read on..

A 36-page "graphic novel coloring book" created by a St. Louis, Mo., publisher is attracting international attention -- and has reportedly sold out of its first pressing of 10,000 copies -- after Muslim American advocates complained that the book projects an anti-Muslim agenda particularly not suitable for children. The book, titled "We Shall Never Forget 9/11: The Kids' Book of Freedom" was intended by its publisher, Wayne Bell, to present "a respectful graphic representation of the events from that day," including images covering the span of the last decade since the September 11, 2001 attacks, up to the assassination of Osama bin Laden. Bell's goal with publishing the book, which he admits carries a "PG" rating due to its level of graphic, historical detail.

I'm not sure how to feel about this really..disturbed??

coloring book here

Sharif and others contend that the book fails to differentiate between the terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks and other, mainstream followers of the Muslim faith. As ABC 7 reports, the book contains the phrase "radical Islamic Muslim extremists" at least 10 times. The publisher writes in the book that, "'they' also will never forget. Yes, they know of whom 'they' are. Given the chance, 'they' would do it again" and in another passage, the books reads, "Some Muslim people believe the attacks were a conspiracy caused by Jews."

www.huffingtonpost.com...:
edit on 2-9-2011 by baddmove because: added picture

edit on 2-9-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Propaganda,plain and simple.

I'd not want my children or grand children exposed to it. Way to stuff kids in the box! Here we are,trying to get out,and there they go trying to keep us in.

Racial/ethnic etc. profiling at it's worst,targeting children.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No worse than blaming Germans for the Holocaust.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't know which is worse..The images in that book,or the language.

Not good. At all.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Except that it's not,AND,it targets our children directly.

It is an insulting attack on our intelligence and morality. It promotes hate,and it's only directive is to teach hatred to our children. Like anything any more,it has an unhealthy agenda.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Even if you can look past the propaganda and outright racism, who on earth would honestly want to give their child a coloring book with a picture of someone actually in the process of being shot in the fact. Seriously, the bullet is in mid flight.

This is beyond tasteless.

Smacks of the "black panther" coloring book. Actually, I think WRH has a link with a bunch of different cointelpro coloring books from the ages.

P.S. I can't look past the racism and propaganda myself, thought I'd put that out there.

Not sure if everyone will see the intent there but I agree, it is vaguely similar in it's demonetization of all Muslims, but it's much worse as it's directed at kids, indoctrinating kids with racist hatred. I guess you can be thankful this is American propaganda and not Israeli propaganda, as this merely targets Muslims, where Israeli propaganda is targeting everyone but Israelis (actually some of them too)
edit on 2-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven

It is an insulting attack on our intelligence and morality. It promotes hate,and it's only directive is to teach hatred to our children. Like anything any more,it has an unhealthy agenda.

Make extra sure not to buy that book for your kids, but, everyone else who does not want this history to be forgotten and teach their kids the significance of the event, this may actually be a great tool. Censorship starts at your house and ends at your house.
edit on 2-9-2011 by habfan1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So, what colour crayons would the kids use to "colour" the people?

I would hope that with each colouring book they sell, they provide the correct PC pack of crayons

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven

Make extra sure not to buy that book for your kids, but, everyone else who does not want this history to be forgotten and teach their kids the significance of the event, this may actually be a great tool. Censorship starts at your house and ends at your house.
edit on 2-9-2011 by habfan1968 because: (no reason given)

If/when I pass any history along to my children/grand children,it will be as unbiased and un"colored" as possible.

Hatred,prejudice and bigotry begin,and end,at home.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Germans in general are blamed for the Holocaust. Christians in general are blamed for the Crusades and the Burning Times (Witch Trials). Whites in general are blamed for slavery and the fall of the Native Americans. I'm sorry if it steps on Muslims' toes, but these things happen to everybody else as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I agree, it's all the fault of humans using religion for their political agenda's to the extent that they even adapted holy texts to their likings.

this ties in with my latest thread .

Fear, Inc. The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too bad Islamophobia took over in that thread.

GM

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was hoping more people would respond to this..

Try to imagine your kids or grand kids..

just sitting at the table....

One is coloring in "Hello Kitty"

one in "Barbie"...

And one in this "The kids book of Freedom"

go on...try.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
bump..

important read here

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
They are complaining about a coloring book for our children while children in the muslim countries are being put though this stuff?

and incase that dosent work go here

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

There are a plethora of videos like the one you posted.

I find it horrifying that people teach their children to hate. I see it as crime against humanity,myself.

That coloring book,should be recalled,if any have been sold,banned and then destroyed. But,that's just me.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

yea...

i don't get why people make things like this..

do we really want to give these to our kids to color??

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join