It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Debate on Democracy Now: Loose Change vs Popular Mechanics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Here is a debate between the guys who made Loose Change and members of Popular Mechanics refuting their claims.

Please watch all the way through before making a decision on the debate. Pretty interesting to hear both sides of the issue in one place.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Oh great, "loose change" idiots spouting non facts and government talking points. Please boys, don't bring up the pods and no plane nonsense, you do more harm than good with that garbage. gonna have to wait a bit to watch a 40 freaking minute video
edit on 2-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Is this new or old? I thought I had seen this before. Just asking.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Is this the same debate where those idiots from Loose Change accused the Popular Mechanics people of "Yellow Journamism"? I'm not a subscriber to PM and I haven't read it it a while, but I can't say I've ever read any PM article about Kim Kardashian's wedding dress or Charlie Sheen's drug abuse issues.

The moment those guys attempted to convince people that the plane that hit the towers were carrying missile pods, it's the moment these characters showed they have no credibility whatsoever. Seriously, how much "inside information" would a bunch of drug dealing college kids making internet flicks in their dorm room possibly have?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

What exactly makes them idiots? And how do you know what is "fact" and "nonfact"? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you weren't at any of the sites that were hit on 9/11. You didn't experience them first hand. All you know is what has been shown in the media. Assuming this is the case you have no foundation to say what is or isn't fact regarding 9/11.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

I had to look it up to see when it was done, way back in 2006. Here is a transcript of the show from Democracy Now! website www.democracynow.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well....watched the whole video before commenting. I think the "Loose Change" guys are, to put it bluntly, nuts. Forensic science will always outweigh opinion.

The "Loose Change" folks are just out to question everything, which I actually applaud, but they have their minds made up and refuse to look at scientific fact. But the WTC 7 is still a mystery in my mind, which they did not address in this video.

Maybe they need to return to school.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

Originally posted by hooper

I had to look it up to see when it was done, way back in 2006. Here is a transcript of the show from Democracy Now! website www.democracynow.org...

Thank you for the link to the transcript. Transcripts are so rare in this area. People like to make videos but hesitate putting down what they think in black and white.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I watched the entire video and here’s my thoughts.
The Loose Change buys kept wanting to move to another ‘buzz point’ without fully refuting what the PM guys were saying.
PM guys “We talked to the experts”.
LC guys “But what about this other…”.

There’s no chance the LC guys could get any of their points past a first year law student in court. They had no real evidence from any experts who dealt with things first hand.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Well....watched the whole video before commenting. I think the "Loose Change" guys are, to put it bluntly, nuts. Forensic science will always outweigh opinion.

The "Loose Change" folks are just out to question everything, which I actually applaud, but they have their minds made up and refuse to look at scientific fact. But the WTC 7 is still a mystery in my mind, which they did not address in this video.

it really pisses me off when people don't watch a video and claim that they did....if you would've watched it you would have known that they discussed the wtc7 at the end of the video........maybe you need to return to school...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
I watched the entire video and here’s my thoughts.
The Loose Change buys kept wanting to move to another ‘buzz point’ without fully refuting what the PM guys were saying.
PM guys “We talked to the experts”.
LC guys “But what about this other…”.

There’s no chance the LC guys could get any of their points past a first year law student in court. They had no real evidence from any experts who dealt with things first hand.

more like the pm guys weren't discussing any of the actual evidence and their whole premise in the video turned out to be to just put these lc guys down verbally....they did exactly what i've seen on this site where the OSers will resort to name calling and trying to ridicule the actual person and perform personal attacks when they realize that they can't keep up with their rouse....let's put it this way, the pm guys proved absolutely nothing on the video and the lc guys didn't have to resort to personal attacks.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The Loose Change boys are as full of crap as Popular Mechanics.

It is like the Truth Movement has become a sock puppet pretending to promote truth like the Democrats pretend to oppose the Republicans.

psik

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I thought that the "Loose Brains" vs PM debate was over years ago. This thing has more lives than Disco.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by dillweed
reply to post by GoodOlDave

*staff edit*

"Loose Change 9/11" conspiracy film producer arrested for dealing Heroin

who cares about whether someone was arrested for dealing anything? does that make something they said untruthful? if i told you that the grass was green just before i got busted for dealing drugs does that mean that the grass isn't really green? does it mean that you can just discount anything i've ever said or ever will say? that's ridiculous.....
edit on 4/9/2011 by Sauron because: remove quotes

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

plus, there's lots of things that happen to people when they out the government!!! and this fact is nothing new and isn't debatable.....
edit on 4/9/2011 by Sauron because: replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To tab

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by TDawgRex

it really pisses me off when people don't watch a video and claim that they did....if you would've watched it you would have known that they discussed the wtc7 at the end of the video........maybe you need to return to school...

I was probably making a cup of joe. I honestly didn't hear it.

Oh well..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
who cares about whether someone was arrested for dealing anything? does that make something they said untruthful? if i told you that the grass was green just before i got busted for dealing drugs does that mean that the grass isn't really green? does it mean that you can just discount anything i've ever said or ever will say? that's ridiculous.....

So let me answer your question with another question- if some homeless drunk guy lying in his own urine in a back alley behind a whorehouse told you that 9/11 was an inside job, are you telling me you're so mindlessly servile to your conspiracy ideology that you'll even quote HIM as a reference?

You conspiracy people have really reached the bottom of the barrel in your desperation. Heroin is bad, bad, BAD stuff, as in one or two steps above playing Russian Roulette with a .44 magnum. I would have thought you would've had the horse sense to cut your losses and move on to some other conspiracy mongor to champion, rather than resort to defending hard core drug dealers as "simply being misunderstood". THAT is what is ridiculous about all this.
edit on 2-9-2011 by GoodOlDave because: Corrected my spelling to placate the grammar Nazis

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

nothing to discuss. that stuttering bald guy with glasses... he seems to know his #.
he is confident and definitely doesn't look or sound like a liar. the other 4 men i have
never heard of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join