It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many people have been buried alive..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hi, all at ATS..there was something on the news the other day, i can;t find a link..It was the parents of a supposedly dead son,,they were choosing what song to play at his funeral...then his foot moved..now this bloody terrifies me...your brain is working fine, yet you are clinically dead...
hope i've put this in the right section...
I'm sure any members would like to hear from anyone else who has heard this kind of thing before..and i;m wondering how many were too late to question it..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

i´ve heard several of the same things.

like grave´s getting cleaned up and workers finding fingernail scratches on the inside of the coffin...

one of the most horrible things i can imagine is being buried alive...

Now, back in those days they had backyard burial plots and did not drain the body of its fluids. They simply prepared a proper coffin and committed the body (in its coffin) to its permanent resting place. Throughout this process, my great-great grandfather protested so fiercely that he had to be sedated and put to bed. His wife was buried and that was that.

That night he woke to a horrific vision of his wife hysterically trying to scratch her way out of the coffin. He phoned the doctor immediately and begged to have his wife's body exhumed. The doctor refused, but my great-great grandfather had this nightmare every night for a week, each time frantically begging to have his wife removed from the grave.

Finally the doctor gave in and, together with local authorities, exhumed the body. The coffin was pried open and to everyone's horror and amazement, my great-great grandmother's nails were bent back and there were obvious scratches on the inside of the coffin.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
|Workers at a South African mortuary got the shock of their lives Sunday when a man presumed dead by his family woke up screaming nearly a day later in a refrigerated morgue"

abcnews.go.com...

"A woman who had been pronounced dead at her home by a doctor was found to be alive in a hospital morgue when a family friend working for the undertakers spotted that she was still breathing."

www.independent.co.uk...

"A woman, who was declared dead by doctors and whose body was being taken in a procession to the burial grounds, suddenly stirred and stood up sending shivers down the spine of relatives and others present here on Thursday."

e-news4u.com.../woman/declared/as/dead/comes/alive/at/funeral/&id=2758

"A Colombian woman declared dead of a heart attack moved one of her arms just as an undertaker was about to embalm her, doctors said Wednesday"

www.care2.com...

happens alot

sometimes people make mistakes?

or they happen to come back with some mysterious force lol

whatevcer the reason maybe im sure they deserve an apology or a wtf is wrong with ur body and its vital signs

clinically you were dead but now loool

i would want to be buried in a mountain up high somewhere enjoying the breeze

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

there is some excellent information online about old coffins from way back in the day that were built to appease the fears of those who were paranoid of being buried alive. there were coffins available that had a pull-line system to ring a bell above ground to alert others that the buried was still alive.

in advanced countries the chances of such error are incredibly slim. such oversights are more likely to occur at accident scenes. i've read only a few times of people in morgues that were mistaken for deceased.

how horrible it must be to have been in a coma and awaken in the pitch black, trapped and doomed. terrible.

my parents told me stories of their youth. deceased relatives would be placed in the parlor for several days, awaiting those who would come to pay their respects. people still traveled primarily by horse or horse-drawn carriage and going any distance could easily take several days. there was no air conditioning back then - in some rural areas, no electricity. they would use whatever was available locally to keep the odor from becoming overwhelming. i wonder if that was how the custom of flowers at funerals came to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Some of the witch doctors in Haiti do this to people all the time with a drug that they make. All the vital signs are gone so the victim gets buried. Later that night, the drug wears off and the witch doctor digs up the body. The unassuming victim believes they have been bought back from the dead as a zombie, and they must serve the witch doctor as a slave.

An American scientist revealed in 1982 that the bokor used a slow acting poison to paralyse his victims. The zombie-like state is created by a substance that contains tetrodotoxin, a chemical which lowers a person’s metabolic rate to the point where he appears to be dead.

Once buried, the victim often does die from the poison or from suffocation. If he is still alive when the bokor reaches him, he will be forced to eat a mysterious paste containing a powerful psychoactive substance such as datura stramonium – known as the zombie cucumber.

This causes memory loss and disorientation. The new zombie will soon become a submissive slave to his master the bokor.

Source

IRM

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It happened all the time before we started to embalm the dead. If you weren't dead before, you were after.
Although it seem's some places in the world don't, so yes it's bound to still happen.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My grandfather (now deceased) used to tell us that on the day they buried his mother she had sweat or a dewy look on her. He said he can clearly remember her with a sweat droplet running down by her temple.

This was May 1930's(i think 36) in Trenton, TN. My gpa was about 13 or 14 so he should have had a pretty clear memory of it. My Great grandmother died young..I think she was in her late 30's. She "died" giving birth to still born that would have been her 9th child.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

If she was kept in the cooler, it was probably a drop of condensation.

IRM

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I think thats why old coffins used to have a bell on top so if you woke up in one you could ring the bell and get dug out again, i think they were called safety coffins but i remember that where the saying saved by the bell came from.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is the reason for 'wakes' for the recently deceased. To keep them around and give them a chance to awake which is why you never speak ill of the dead, if they have seen the light and a choice to stay or go and they hear people bitching about them at their wake they certainly won't choose to stay in the mortal realm.

I don't know but I assume that when the body started to smell 'dead' was when the wake was over and the burial began.

Related topic what about the ethics of keeping the bodies of the brain dead and those in pain who have no hope of recovery are kept alive by medical means?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
During the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic there were several incidences of folks being buried alive in New Mexico. Here is an article:

Spanish Flu of New Mexico; 1918

According to one such rumor, a local woman was buried, but her daughter insisted that her mother was still alive. When the mother’s grave was dug up, the exhumed body was reportedly in a different position than when it was originally laid to rest.

A 35-year-old male from Bosque was also supposedly buried alive during the epidemic. While digging a grave for another flu victim, the Bosque man’s coffin was accidentally dislodged. The grave diggers opened the disturbed coffin to find the confined body in a contorted, belly-down position, indicating that the poor man had suffocated after burial had taken place.

In another article a name is given for the woman in the first quoted text: The Great Pandemic of 1918, State by State

This would be in Las Vegas, New Mexico.

A Las Vegas (east of Santa Fe) family, the Gardunos, all fell ill with influenza. Mrs. Clara Garduno succumbed to the disease first, and was soon pronounced dead. Health Department officials demanded that she be buried immediately to prevent the spread of the disease, and her husband secured the services of an undertaker.

I just could not imagine, and I highly doubt this represents the full truth to the amount of people that were considered "dead" just because they were dying as there were fears of spreading the flu! One can only speculate!

top topics

join