It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR Thumbs its Nose at Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by notalemming
got ya, was wonderin... my acronyms need workin on. took me forever to realize, LOL! still tryin to figure the op bit i always see referin to posters. opinion poster maybe?

Errrr uh; "Opening Post"
"FLOTUS"( First lady ofthe U.S.)
"SCOTUS" (Supreme Court of the U.S.)
I can't stop!
Wait til you get to "TOTUS": intechangeable with"POTUS " coined STRICTLY for this president( "Teleprompter of the U.S")

edit on 2-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
NASCAR is a joke compared to good old days before big money moved in and ruined everything like usual. It needs to go back to the days when if someone was in your way you rammed them out of your way. Nowadays if they get a scratch on their cars they cry like little girls. We need more drivers like Cale Yarborough not the sorry excuse that pass as drivers today.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentorman

As a former NASCAR insider (see my web site www.pamelabritton.com) I can tell you with absolute certainty that no driver is ever THAT busy on a Wednesday. They don't even head to the track until Friday a.m. for goodness sake. And a sponsor would be delighted, happy, THRILLED to have their driver in front of all those cameras with a driver's mandatory sponsor shirt firmly in place (and showing a logo). This equals advertising which equals $$$s which is why they SPONSOR a driver in the first place.

Nope. This is definitely a political statement.

Pamela Britton

edit on 2-9-2011 by PamelaBritton2U because: I'm a writer that always has to tweak. No, not THAT kind of tweak.

edit on 2-9-2011 by PamelaBritton2U because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by PamelaBritton2U because: Typos. Ack!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
have you ever watched nascar some times the guy that startes the slow driveing in a circle things wins and no one even breaks the formation open your mind open your mind open your mind

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'd attend just to kick ole halfwit square off in his gonads for being a retard

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thank you for the link.

I believe that some of these drivers that have declined this year, went last year. I think the top 10 are invited every year and, I am not sure, but I don't think there has been a year where all 10 showed up, regardless of who was POTUS (could be wrong don't really keep track of this type of stuff, but don't remember seeing where they all showed up). Don't know if the reason is political or not, but this is a sport that runs from Feb to Nov and maybe they just want to spend time with their families... just a differnet opinion

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Maybe they turned down the POTUS because they are patriotic.

And so, Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton and Matt Kenseth are un-patriotic for meeting with the President?

Should the be charged with treason and hung? How dare they meet the President. So Unpatriotic.

Excuse me while I vomit, this line of thinking is making me sick.......

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Well Obama didn't show up but his wife did and well the OP's title says it all and you can see for your self here Source

You can clearly hear everyone cheering for the veteran and his family but when they announce Michelle and Jill the booing can clearly be heard loud and clear. Americans have no problem supporting our Veterans but the Government on the other hand should definitely be doing a better job. Senators and Congressmen have no problem lining there pockets when it comes to there salary and benefits. I think our Veterans should come before Senators and Congressmen are taken care of. Especailly with the kind of job they've been doing year after year.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join