It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Worst Physical Pain You've Ever Felt?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
1) cut my arm wide open circa 1975, back then they gave me the shot to numb the pain.......right in the wound....

2) had some dental work. I'm a redhead, and I always tell them I'm tough to numb, they never belive me, and he did something, I forget excactly what, but my eyes watered from the pain, and I couldn't take it, I slapped the thing out of his hand

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i had one dentist press down hard and drill right into the nerve of my tooth and he kept doing it till i screamed,on a scale of 1 to 10 it was about a 15 and i honestly think he was a sadist...remember this really good movie "marathon man"- 1976? which has a torture scene involving a nazi dentist > www.imdb.com...
edit on 12-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I had an abscessed tooth without the money to fix it. The gum would swell under the tooth because of the infection, I could feel my heartbeat in the pain if you know what I mean. The pain got so bad several times I took one of my thin pocket knives and shoved it deep into the swelling to drain it. That was probably my worst.

Bone pain sucks too, they had to remove several inches of one of my ribs for a deal years ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I had an abscessed tooth without the money to fix it. The gum would swell under the tooth because of the infection, I could feel my heartbeat in the pain if you know what I mean. The pain got so bad several times I took one of my thin pocket knives and shoved it deep into the swelling to drain it. That was probably my worst.

Bone pain sucks too, they had to remove several inches of one of my ribs for a deal years ago.
hi and thanx for your comment...since i started this thread a couple of weeks ago or so, it seems that teeth problems are the most common painful experiences and because of my teeth, i have been to hell several times. but i have been pain free in my mouth for a few years now and its been heavenly bliss,those born with really healthy teeth might not be aware of how lucky they really are...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
While disassembling an old shed I stepped on a nail stuck in a board.
The nail went straight through my foot and was sticking out the top of my shoe.
It actually didn't hurt at all until I stepped on the board with my other foot so I could slide my foot up.
That hurt for days.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I guess it would be my root canal after I had a tooth kicked out of my head or waiting way too long to get my appendix out. I usually hate needles but I was just like "Do it, get this crap outta me!"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
yes, waiting and doing nothing, when you already know theres a problem and only doing something about it when it hurts is the secret enemy working against our health and it's how we react to our teeth or any other part of our bodies...i guess part of the reason is our fear of the dentists needle and drill and who goes to the hospital for a good reason?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I compare myself to a cockroach for the fact that I've been a little bit hard to kill

The worst pain I recall would be a tie-breaker between heroin withdrawal (circa the late 90s) and the time I spent two weeks on the bowel ward at the hospital.... Nutshell = Doctor in the ER is old enough to retire and grimly remarks, "It's the worst I've ever seen."

The fact that I'm laughing while I type this probably disqualifies me for first place! haha

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
once whe i was about ten years old.i was digging a deep hole and the long handle of the shovel was sticking up about three feet out of the hole.i put my foot down hard and missed the shovel and i fell forward and the long handle of the shovel that was sticking up slammed me really hard right between my legs.it hurt so bad i thought i must have ruptured myself and caused severe permanent damage.i almost passed out from the agony and i screamed out loud and cried.but after about an eternal 20 minutes of agony, the pain sibsided and there was no long lasting damage...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
child birth
spinal tap with viral meningitis
lymes disease

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Even having given birth three times, my worst pain experience involved having a 4 x 8 5/8" thick sheet of plywood drop edgewise on my big toe in my garage as my one-year-old son watched from inside the house. I nearly passed out from the pain. I remember dragging myself into the house in a mental blur and into my bed where I curled up in ball whimpering and waiting for the throbbing to subside. My son instinctively knew that something was wrong with his mommy and he dutifully followed me to the bed and sat silently next to me the entire time. I think about an hour passed before I was able to catch my breath and dare to take my shoe off to see the extent of the damage done.

Miraculously, there was none. I expected to see hamburger and was sooooooo relieved that it still looked like a toe. It's amazing how an injury at the farthest extremity of the body can instantly consume the whole of the body in terms of the sensation of pain and the brain numbing effect of it.

I have a female friend who has had kidney stones and she described it as a horrific experience. I hope that fate is kind to me and I dodge that bullet.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join