It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Worst Physical Pain You've Ever Felt?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
spontaneous bilateral pneumonia thorax 100% left 80% right, it feels like your lungs are being ripped right out of your body and on top of that suffocation. stones were nothing compared to this.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
see there are different kinds of tooth aches. one kind you can take an asprin or two and it will go away. another kind will give you a very painful feeling in and around the problem tooth, maybe with a mild headache. then theres a broken tooth with an exposed nerve that pulsates with severe pain that starts to spread out across your face, theres mild swelling, asprin is ineffective and nothing will stop you from going to the dentist. then, theres the dreaded and horrible infected abcessed tooth! which brings extreme swelling, blurred vision, extreme sore throat, dizziness and nausea and an even more severe headache that crushes and pounds away at your mind and brain and while suffering with all these terrible things, realize, that they are only the symptoms of the infected abcessed tooth! the utter anguish and fear that is racing through your mind, as you come face to face with the realization that the indescribable agony of the tooth itself will not go away! and it is beyond any accurate description, a pain that is so terrible and evil, like a giant blow torch blasting and burning your head and face, that death seems like a long lost friend beckoning you with open arms! it is actually that bad...
edit on 2-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's been said before, but my god, kidney stones.

No insurance, no painkillers, didn't even know what was happening to me. Couldn't even drink the pain away, because drinking makes you pee, and peeing was the worst. Had to man up on it and just take the pain, which was so bad I could not sit or even lay down.

Thought I was dying. Or maybe just wishing that I was. Makes me sick just thinking about it.
edit on 2-9-2011 by VariableConstant because: cuz

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
A cyst that was the size of an egg on my right temple, below the skin. It caused me three years of headaches so bad that they caused me to black out and gave me thoughts of suicide, because I had no way to stop the pain because the issue hadn't been discovered yet.

If that doesn't seem like such a big issue I'd like to add that I needed plastic surgery to fix the skin that was stretched out because of the cyst and that it had carved itself into my skull... and this all happened when I was 15.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The worst physical pain ive had was menstrual cramps , seriously i am not joking , those hurt so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's the worst physical pain ive ever had . if this wasnt about physical pain i would choose the pain of my ex leaving me over the cramps .i suffered so much for him , it became unbearable, i wanted to kill myself . i still suffer for him today .
edit on 2-9-2011 by lostangel818 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by lostangel818 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
One bitter winter morning in high school, I stood out by my bus stop in the freezing wind. I remember the wind chill was something like -10 Fahrenheit and I must have been standing out there for twenty minutes. I was at a point in life where I wanted to prove that I had an excess of Mojo... so I decided to not wear any gloves. About five minutes into the wait, I began to lose feeling in my hands. Mild pain started in after 10 minutes. The horrible pain started when I climbed into the warm bus and my hands started to thaw out. It felt like I just bashed my fingertips with a sledgehammer. My friend was talking to me the whole ride to school but I could barely speak from being in so much pain. I even spent most of my first period English class just suffering in silence, unable to concentrate.

Other than that, my first hangover was a nightmare. I've always had bad migraines so I figured I wouldn't be bothered by hangovers but I was stupid for thinking that. My head was hurting bad enough to make me nauseated from the pain alone. Then the cold chills and tremors set in. Then the delusional thoughts about never drinking again...
edit on 9/2/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
see there are different kinds of tooth aches. one kind you can take an asprin or two and it will go away. another kind will give you a very painful feeling in and around the problem tooth, maybe with a mild headache. then theres a broken tooth with an exposed nerve that pulsates with severe pain that starts to spread out across your face, theres mild swelling, asprin is ineffective and nothing will stop you from going to the dentist. then, theres the dreaded and horrible infected abcessed tooth! which brings extreme swelling, blurred vision, extreme sore throat, dizziness and nausea and an even more severe headache that crushes and pounds away at your mind and brain and while suffering with all these terrible things, realize, that they are only the symptoms of the infected abcessed tooth! the utter anguish and fear that is racing through your mind, as you come face to face with the realization that the indescribable agony of the tooth itself will not go away! and it is beyond any accurate description, a pain that is so terrible and evil, like a giant blow torch blasting and burning your head and face, that death seems like a long lost friend beckoning you with open arms! it is actually that bad...
the pain i suffered through at that ^^^ level lasted about 36 hours.i cried and screamed so severely,that the people down stairs called the police! who came and called an ambulance that took me to the er and as i said they sent me home in that hellish condition! with 3 whimpy painkillers that i threw up. "theres no dentist in the hospital" they said, "go see one"! there was no dentist open till 1 1/2 days later 36hrs...i screamed so loudly that my girlfriend was in hysterics and crying in the next room.she was afraid to go in there."there was nothing i could do" she said after it was all over,i get scared just thinking about it!...vodka was ineffective!,crushed ice was,ineffective!, painkillers were, ineffective!...unbelievable!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Severe ear infection left too long. The pain was excruciating.
edit on 2-9-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've broken the same collar bone 4 times, cut off a finger, broke an arm and broke a tooth....but the worst pain I have ever been in was when my GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) acted up. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach with a sword of fire. All I could do was curl up in a ball and pray for sweet sweet death.

I was taken to the emergency room where the doctor gave me a shot of dilaudid. Not sure if it made the pain go away, but it definitely took me to another place.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Worst physical pain: intestinal obstruction.

Let's just say your typical stomach ache would feel like a massage compared to this.

Those who've had any stomach issues understand.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The worst physical pain I have felt so far...is when I gave birth to my son Jonah....when I was pregnant with him I decided to go down (the natural childbirth) road...I took birthing classes....breathing classes...exercise classes etc.

I wanted to be wide awake for his birth and I didn't want him to come into this world all drugged up...I was in labor 12 hours...and I was in a lot of pain...but it was worth it....my son...was born strong and healthy...and he weighed 9 pounds 1/2 oz. I am glad that I decided to do (natural childbirth)...but it was painful.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I don't know. It is hard to pin point an exact time or experience to bring up. I know things hurt worse as a child, but I was inexperienced, and things have changed.

My worst pains have been emotional (they stay with you forever), but this is a physical pain thread, so here is something that I am sure will cause many readers emotional pain

I came here because I just ate some food. It hurts, but it is one of my favorites. I am eating chicken ramen (old habits die hard). Anyways, I usually add about a tablespoon (each) of red pepper, black pepper, salts, and condensed habanero sauce to the ramen. I love the flavor (salty and spicy as hell), but damn it hurts my mouth (and when I am on the toilet later too). It really burns but I love it. Do any of you crave spicy food that bad?

Edit~For the love of god. Do not itch your eyes or touch the inside of your nose after handling habanero. And I thought my mouth hurt. Ouch. Edit two~I just coughed and some of the spiciness went up my nose. Pain.

PS~Other bad pains include panic attacks. I have only had one bad one. I know panic attacks are more mental/emotional pain but it literally feels like the hand of god is crushing the life out of you. It is a horrible experience.
edit on 3-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

It took me close to two years to recover. Still get the pains every now and then especially when it's cold.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I had a splinter a half inch long,1/8 inch at the wide end, go under my nail to my first knuckle that broke of 1/4 inch under my nail. Dr. cut my nail up the middle to get to the top of the splinter. No pain killer.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
The worst physical pain I have felt so far...is when I gave birth to my son Jonah....when I was pregnant with him I decided to go down (the natural childbirth) road...I took birthing classes....breathing classes...exercise classes etc.

I wanted to be wide awake for his birth and I didn't want him to come into this world all drugged up...I was in labor 12 hours...and I was in a lot of pain...but it was worth it....my son...was born strong and healthy...and he weighed 9 pounds 1/2 oz. I am glad that I decided to do (natural childbirth)...but it was painful.

I almost killed my mother being born, she needed several blood tranfusions. I wasnt a particularly heavy baby but it seened i didnt wanna leave the womb wihtout a fight.

I would guess thats my mothers most pain, i will ask her when i next see her. I kinda hope its somthing else htough, id feel guilty if her number one pain was me.....
edit on 3-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I died once.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki

now that was my number 1, until 2 days ago when i had to go in for a root canal.

the dentist was doing his thing, and being a root canal there aren't supposed to be any nerves alive in the cavity.

not for me, he shoved this thing down my tooth into the canal and BAM, my head felt like it was exploding, it lasted about 10secs but i nearly went unconscious the pain was that extreme. The dentist was shocked i had a live nerve still so they spent the next 5mins injecting me with anesthetic lol.

!! that sounds way too painful...i had root canal treatment too and the pain must have lasted for like 4 days after i had it, but THAT would be just insane. root canal is definitly the worse pain i have felt. infact just teeth in that particular state in general are pretty high up the scale. makes u wanna take a rake and shove it into your gum.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NervousNJerky
I had a splinter a half inch long,1/8 inch at the wide end, go under my nail to my first knuckle that broke of 1/4 inch under my nail. Dr. cut my nail up the middle to get to the top of the splinter. No pain killer.
that hurts just thinking about it...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Tooth ache is the worst
, there's also stomach cramps which are painful too.

Wytch

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnIghtWytchh
reply to post by blocula

Tooth ache is the worst
, there's also stomach cramps which are painful too.

Wytch
toothaches are the worst...only most people dont have the really severe kind,so they think its not that bad. infected abcessed teeth cause agony thats hard to put into words...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join