It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Worst Physical Pain You've Ever Felt?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When I got smashed between an out of control forklift and a stationary forklift. He was sliding on water and ran right into me. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.What made it worse was when he was somehow able to back away from me, it was only for a split second and the forklift came back onto me again.

I'm usually a very mild mannered person, but..........

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I used to be tongue tied. Had it clipped when I was about 14 years old. The doctor said there wouldn't be much pain and nothing to worry about. Well, my tongue swelled up (as did my face) and turned hard as a rock. It throbbed like a billion toothaches and a million mouth-migraines. A few days later, I was Gene Simmons-esque...well, not really, but it felt like it at the time. lol If I had to do it all over again, I would run far away from that lying quack with his rusty butterknife.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Worst physical pain, huh? Let's see...I think being on the receiving end of a suplex off a ladder, through a table that sat over thumbtacks. Ah, the fun of professional wrestling. Only thing close to that feeling...being shot. Or possibly stabbed. Can't decide. They felt close to the same.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Kidney stones...the doctor kept treating me for a kidney infection even though I was urinating pure red blood. Finally I went to the emergency room in extreme pain (pain that didn't even compare to childbirth!) Fainting from the pain
they finally figured out it was a stone and with meds and a day, I passed it after 3 months of horror. Also I was an awareness victim during my tubal ligation, that lasted only seconds, felt like an eternity though. Those were two equally the most pain physically I've known.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'v never broken anything, and the last time I was in the hospital was getting my head stitched up when I was like 2.. and don't remember..

So the most pain I felt was getting three hours of tattoo work on my kneecap.. and that was something I intentionally put myself through. lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I had my wisdom/molars coming in all 4 in the back into the bone, and that was pretty painful enough. But to say the worst Ive ever had was few years back when I had sinus headaches and sinusitus with my head all clogged up. I was coming down from Vancouver back to Alberta on the mountains and the highway had a incline for about 10 or 15 miles. I found out later that the air moving from my sinuses was trying to equalize my pressure in my head to outside and the air couldnt go out and I couldnt pop my ears, so there was only 1 place to go. There is a tiny tube that connects your eye to your sinuses, and that little tube had to take a big air bubble from my sinus to the outside air. The pain was so bad, I thought someone was driving a railway spike into my eye or my head and was crying and screaming from pain. Good thing it only lasted a few minutes, but I knew that if that pain was terrible, what is it going to be like for those who are cast into the outer darkness in the depths of Hell and the lake of fire!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My second kidney stone required intrusive kidney surgery, but the only hospital that could do it was booked for TWO MONTHS before they could get me in. Meanwhile my local doctor gave me loads of painkillers, include massive doses of oxycontin. Even with that I would spend half my time screaming as loudly as I could, just to take my mind off of the pain. My poor wife.

During the months preceding surgery I was taking two 40 mg oxycontin pills a day, plus some occasional oxycodone boosters as needed. I cannot even imagine Rush Limbaugh's state when he was taking 30 oxycontin per day! I was in total dreamland during that time, and my friends have told me many stories about the "dreams" I described to them. I remember nothing.

Then I got to the surgery. When I woke up I was in the most incredible pain anyone could ever imagine. They told me that I had been given enough morphine to kill a normal person, and I realized at that point that the oxycontin had completely immunized me to any normal doses of painkillers. They had given me all that the law allowed, and refused any further doses.

I feel SO sorry for the unfotunate old guy that had to share my hospital room after the surgery; he had to listen to my continuous screaming and begging to die for two continuous days straight. Between screams I tried to apologize to him profusely. Then they took me in for the followup surgery, going in to through the same incision in my lower back, and using lasers to finish the job, breaking up the remainng rock segments until they turned into dust that could "eventually" be eliminated (that took several painful months more).

Quite apparently the kidney is an incredible potential source of pain, but fortunately the brain does not truly remember pain, though it does certainly remember to avoid it in the future, at all costs. If I ever get into that position again, I will know exactly what to do...it's just not worth it!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i had an inner ear infection that ended up busting my eardrum..... the pain went far beyond what i thought was possible for someone to feel.... there is no need for the body to be able to send that strong of a negative message to the brain lol

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2011 by ovumcranium because: achilles'

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
looks like kidney stones and abcessed teeth are the two worst pains. out of all the painful things that everyone has described in this thread, those two came up the most...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am glad I'm not the the only one who says "stones".... I had a gallstone lodged and then moving through my bile duct... OMFG!!! I would have rather gave birth---to quintuplets---SIMULTANEOUSLY!!! The pain made childbirth feel like a mild case of heartburn!!

edit on 2-9-2011 by elegant-gypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

"Popped" vertebrae in neck

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
well ive had a10pound 2 oz baby the natural way, spinal fusion, dislocated knee (7 times) and 2 bad teeth but none of that compared to when I had a craniotomy for a brain tumor. It was beyond pain i cant even describe it all i wanted to do was die! It even hurt to blink my eyes, just thinking about it makes me get goosebumps!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

I had that too. as well as a number of other horrible pains. but i lived with that for a year and it gradually got worse until I could'nt walk, also a few weeks ago, I detached a hamstring muscle ( I teach martial arts) in class. Heard a loud pop, then took a lot not to fall down and scream but kept my cool in front of my students. Those are the most recent, next to gall bladder pain, 3 nasty Urinary tract infections, frequent Migraines, toothaches (not absessed thank GOD), catheters being inserted, passing blood clots (from bruised kidneys), broken bones, and much more, but we all feel our own pains but somehow survive...I'm just glad we all don't live 500 years ago when we likely would'nt have survived much of what we have survived now. Last night I took my Wife to the ER, turns out she has Gall Stones and cannot have surgery since she's 25 weeks pregnant. She's very tough and has a high pain tolerance. She said that the c-section of our first Daughter and the pain of the Gallstones last night were the worst pains for her.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i jumped into a pool and i had a soda can in my pocket i for got it was there and tryed to pull it out of my pocket by the openable part but when i hit the water it jared me and i sliced into my thumb and scraped my bone it felt like all my bones had screamed loudly

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hrmmm... how could it have been that bad and yet you couldn't unplug it?

I had a simple rotten tooth which had over time exposed the roots... Oh jesus...

A phillips head screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers and I got 90% of that sucker out....

no more pain, but never will I forget the crunching

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
2nd degree burns almost 3rd degree burn to over 70% of my legs. I was eating pain killers every 3-4 hours to mask the pain for month. I only moved about 3-4 times a day because of the pain and that was with the pain killers.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Im worried, everyone saying Kidney Stones... Never had them thank god, but umm...

Anal fissure anyone?

Compare the two? Because I can bloody well guarantee there is nothing worse than the excruciating agony that is forced upon you by the very nature of how the body works, every single day, until you're so devastated you'd rather cry on the floor than even try again.

But it's inevitable.. one leads to the other, and the other leads to sheer diamond edged slicing agony that recedes only over time, and at it's own discretion...

So a little gnome told me anyway, I would never know of such things.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I had an abscessed tooth once, the pain was pretty bad but I've felt a few worse things.
I had a pressurized vessel full of steam explode in my face burning my face and eyes, that would be the worst pain I've had.
Second worst would be getting welding flux embedded under the skin of my eye and having it cut out.

Third worst would be crashing my bike when I was 12 at high speed onto rocks and getting small rocks deeply embedded in the tissue around my knee cap....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chevy369

OUch i feel for you my dad had 2nd degree burns a few months ago that covered his whole face and both arms. Hes 70 years old and had never taken a pain killer till that day!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join