It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Worst Physical Pain You've Ever Felt?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was sprayed by molten sulfur once. Sprayed the palm of my hand and most of the underside of my forearm. I was smart enough to IMMEDIATELY submerge my arm in an igloo full of ice water that we fortunately had nearby. The pain was like nothing I have experienced. Although the ice water kept the burns to 2nd degree only, the pain during and for the next week was indescribable and non-stop. They say these are worse initially than 3rd or 4th degree burns because they don’t damage the pain receptors, I don’t know about all that, but the intensity and duration was amazing.

I now know why people become addicted to painkillers.

edit on 2-9-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I had broken bones couple of times, then slipped on road and tore part of my skin off, revealing flesh, it was a quite deep injury, it was like 3-4 mm deep. But that was nothing, so far, I have gotten over all physical pains.
What hit me hardest were mental ones.... I had a pretty rough life. Dont ask me what happened... but it made me almost kill myself many times.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Worst physical pain ever experienced by human beings?

Gotta be, without a doubt circumcision just after birth!

Absolutely NO QUESTION it's the worst.

Mutilation on the most sensitive place at the most sensitive time... your first day ever X'(
WELCOME TO PLANET PAAAIINNNNNN!!!!!!

ARRRRGHH

ETA~

Om mani peme hum
OM mani peme hum
Om mani peme hum
Om mani peme hum
Om mani peme hum ad infinitum
edit on 2/9/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: om

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Of many things including battery acid in the eyes or a
sliver of steel in one eye, I believe the worst was a
bite from a Stingray. Thought I was gonna crap myself.
Totally turned me in to a girl!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Ask the cast of Jackass. You'll get a very clear distinction of whats pain from them.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Kidney stones, by far... all I could do was scream at one point to deal with it!

Here. here my friend. By far the worst pain I have ever had also. The doctors at the emergency room said the pain is far worse for men than women. The nurse that took care of me said " Honey, I have had three children by natural child birth, and one bout with kidney stones, I tell ya, I'll take the child birth any day of the week".

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
dentist for me.

Ive had a few fillings, none of the anethetics fully work on me its always bad.

It was just particularly bad before my dentist knew it would take more than a few local injections.

Nowadays she gives me between 5-10 injections in my mouth over about 20 mins to get it anywhere near enough to be bareable.

I would rather be blackled out, but i have a bit of a phobia about that so bleh...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

I know you hope the image will freak people out, and it scared the crap out of me, now for the topic.

Had kidney stone and sand and it was horrible, but the pain I hate the most is the one that doesn't go away. I get headaches about 1 a year and one time I didn't have any pills and all the shops were closed.

Headache in the sense I couldn't open my eyes as it hurt too bad, I couldn't get up to find my mobile phone to call someone. I resorted to hitting a wall with my fists in the hope my head will let go, but now my head still hurt like hell and also my arm.

It went away after I fell asleep, but that took more than a day. I had to drink water, go to the bathroom etc in one go with eyes closed and almost on my knees as even standing up was not bearable.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am super pale and blonde/blue eyed. Keep that in mind as you read this post...

I was 19 and on a date with a guy. He took me to the city pool (I think he wanted to see me in my bikini..lol). He turned out to be very boring and I fell asleep on my stomach on a lounge chair and he didnt bother to wake me up. For 5 hours I slept on my stomach and he let me lay there. Finally he woke me up to take me home. When I rose up to gather my stuff I felt water running down my back, thinking it was sweat, I grabbed a towel and proceeded to put it behind me and had one hand on each side and dried my back off. When I looked at the towel it was bloody. I screamed and my date passed out. A lifeguard came over to see what was wrong and freaked out, when I had dried my back the skin was so blistered I literally pulled it off with the towel. The lifeguard called my dad who took me to the emergency room and they had never seen anyone skin themselves from a sunburn. Needless to say 2nd degree and 3rd degree burns over 25% of my body (back and back of legs). I spent 18 days in the hospital getting IV's. It was horrible agony when they changed the dressings on the burns which they did several times a day. I screamed and begged them to stop and my dad would hold me down so they could do it. I used to tell him I hated him for that. LOL

I had to keep wet dressings on the burns for months.

The dressing changes were the worst pain I ever felt in my life.

10 years later I developed skin cancer (non melanoma) in 2 spots and had cone biopsies done on my back. The take a scalpel and carve around the cancerous areas and take it to a microscope. They carve until they no longer find cancer cells. They packed the holes with guaze and sent me home.

All this from a really really bad first date.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I experienced extremly bad sunburn on my forehead while visiting a wingy sunny island on holiday.

I made the mistake of waring a hat the next say with some moistering and antiseptic cream on my head, bad mistake, taking that off took most of my head too, very painfull (not as bad as the dentist though).

so far it doesnt seem to have any other consequences a few years on.

But it the skin that got burn always drys out very eaisly now.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I once had my adenoids cauterized. The doctor came in and informed that what he was about to would "hurt", and so it did. It felt like someone was literally scraping the inside of my nose with a jagged piece of metal.

I sat for a moment the pain slowly subsiding believing the procedure was over, only to be told that was just the "freezing"!

The doctor came back about 5 minutes later with a Q-tip about 10 inches long which he proceeded to insert into a bottle of ACID and then up into and to the rear of my nose.

Holy $hit that hurt, even with the freezing..... Three Tylenol 3's (tylenol with codeine) and four hours of drug induced sleep and the back of my head still felt like I was whacked in the head by a large piece of lumber !!!!
edit on 2-9-2011 by eNaR because: Punctuation...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Physical pain... Ac separation
Emotional... the loss of several family members. That one never goes away.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Liver pains from drinking too much strong beer.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A rookie pilot that sent me rolling across the tarmac with the exhaust of his plane. Nothing was broken, only bruises and some scrapes and a few first degree burns, not extremely painful, but I was laid up for a week because I was so stiff and could not move.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow. As soon as I saw this thread under the new topics, I said to myself - "Self, the worst pain ever has been your abscess." Lo and behold, I am not alone!

My abscess developed into a borderline emergency. It had been bad for months...and I let it go. Many nights I cried myself to sleep because the pain was so intense and unbearable. Then one morning I woke up and the entire left side of my face was severely swollen and inflamed. I mean, I looked like a blimp. It was so scary. I went into the ER and they told me my the infection which caused my abscess had traveled up to my sinuses and was headed toward my brain - at which point the infection could become fatal. Yikes.

I had it extracted that day. But yeah man, talk about blinding, piercing, all-consuming, unimaginable pain. I've been through some painful stuff (like the time I cut my finger to the bone, fat was pouring out and everything), but nothing and I mean nothing compares to my flippin abscess.

Cheers.
edit on 2-9-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hit by a drunk driver while I was riding a bicycle. She was doing 75 according to scene investigators.

Broke both my hips and that was the worst pain I have felt.......

Kidney stones was second worst.......

broken back and shattered vertebrae was 3rd

I now have 4 steel pins in each hip & a fused spine and feel just peachy.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well, interesting thread. I've endured two childbirths (niether wih anything stronger than Demurol), broken ribs, broken wrist, broken toes, bladder infections (Wow), intense abdominal cramps that debilitated me (and were never diagnosed), headaches that caused nausea, heartbreak like hell, but the worst worst worst...
spinal chord injury, sustained in mid-July, (and before that had suffered sciatica), and am still in chiropractic care. On a 1-10 scale, compared to all the other pains, this is def a 15.
The doc said "consider it broken. if you'd gone to the ER, you'd be in surgery, and come out with rods in your back, at best, and 12 weeks of PT, and heavy doses of shots" (cortizone?).

Yeah, the x-rays showed from the front that my spine was shaped like an S. My left hip splayed outward, my right hip rotated forward, and from the side, my spine above L-6 (an extra verterbra that about 10% of people have) was pushed forward (towards my front side) about 3/4 of an inch - causing my spinal chord to do a "zig".
The sciatic nerve is STILL very very angry, although the chiro is maneuvering it all back into decent shape.

Tortuous? Yeah, but it's better than being in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, or having rods in my back.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
they would'nt even begin to compare to the all consuming agony of an "abcessed tooth".

edit on 2-9-2011 by mr.dave because: I hear you man! I have endured this pain. For a long time, I assumed it was my wisdom teeth playing up, so I sucked it up and didn't bother going to the dentist until I found myself rolling around on the floor biting on a towel soaked with whiskey, screaming, going absolutely mental. Then I knew it was time to do something about it! After I rang the dentist I had to wait 3 days until I could see him. These were not good days.....especially when painkillers did nothing!!!!!! It sucked more than any pain I've ever felt before. Worse than breaking my tailbone or hip, I'd say! Whiskey definitely helped, so did THC, but together it turned out to be quite the lethal cocktail...I was not fit for human interaction....

edit on 2-9-2011 by mr.dave because: It's my first post, this is why my reply looks retarded...apologies......

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Right before I was forced to go to the ER and later that night diagnosed with Endometriosis.

Never again.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Worst pain in my entire life aside from breaking all my fingers and putting a drill bit through my thumbnail......a ruptured testicle. Wasn't due to injury, I was scheduled to see a doctor on a monday and was at work on friday night. Out of nowhere it swelled up like a grapefruit and I just crumpled on the shop floor and cried. Emergency room trip, drugs didnt help, couldn't sleep, couldn't walk, eat, drink or anything. I just cried for about 16 hours until it actually ruptured and I went into surgery. Ended up being cancer which I am completely clear of now 3 years later. Honestly I still have phantom pains sometimes that scare the crap out of me lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join