It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US economy created no job growth in August, data show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
First time since 1945 that government has reported net monthly job change of zero

WASHINGTON — Employment growth ground to a halt in August, as sagging consumer confidence discouraged already skittish U.S. businesses from hiring, keeping pressure on the Federal Reserve to provide more monetary stimulus to aid the struggling economy.

Nonfarm payrolls were unchanged last month, the Labor Department said Friday. It was the first time since 1945 that the government has reported a net monthly job change of zero. The August payrolls report was the worst since September 2010, while nonfarm employment for June and July was revised to show 58,000 fewer jobs.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 2-9-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Lets face it. How many people can Mc Donalds hire to flip hamburgers? You can't find anything made in The USA. We have become a consumer nation that only spends money. And we spend it on China and The Saudi Oil after the speculaters jack up the price!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The new Democratic Party mantra.

2...4...6...8 There are no jobs that we create!

The only shovel ready jobs is that of a grave digger.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

Lets face it. How many people can Mc Donalds hire to flip hamburgers? You can't find anything made in The USA. We have become a consumer nation that only spends money. And we spend it on China and The Saudi Oil after the speculaters jack up the price!!

I suppose it's a toss up between the service industry and the financial industry. Both hold a large percentage of the economy. Only difference... The former feeds people while the latter feeds off people.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Yes spending locally in small amounts on items made in China to companies based out of the US which reinvest profits back into China / India / Brazil.

So the money flows like so...

US >$> CHINA (For production including infrastructure and shipping)
US(Items sold) >$> CHINA (Profits used for investment in emerging markets)
China(Export)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

If you still believe there's a party behind this madness, your head is firmly planted in the sand.

I believe the World Economy cheer goes...

U-G-L-Y... You ain't got no alibi... You UGLY, yeah... yeah.. You UGLY!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Humans do not create true growth unless we are constantly exploring new frontiers.

We have expanded as much as we can on this rock. Doesn't matter how advanced our tech become or if we create new industries what it all boils down to is there isn't much breathing room left and not enough resources to last forever.

Wevall know what the next two logical steps will be. Either mass industrialization of space or a third world war

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by TDawgRex

If you still believe there's a party behind this madness, your head is firmly planted in the sand.

I believe the World Economy cheer goes...

U-G-L-Y... You ain't got no alibi... You UGLY, yeah... yeah.. You UGLY!!

Nice.

Yea, I get what you're sayin', but there is also another old saw.

"I've never worked for a poor man."

The system is broke, but until we kick the yabooheads in DC to the curb, and put rational, rather than idealogical thinkers in, it will remain that way and get worse.

It will be very painful for the average citizen in order to fix it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

You left out the need for a considerable amount of improvement to home first...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It's really not that painful after all... I mentioned our financial sector for a reason. You eliminate the current banking elite and install lending practices where the interest pays for infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The only way we are going to improve this place is if we can gather infinite amounts of resources. If we had space based industries it would be a reality.

I picture our society as a bunch of people locked in a room with enough basic provisions to last a finite amount of time. You cannot create growth, you will fight for or con your way to obtaining more rations. Eventually unless one bright individual says hey the doors unlocked we can leave now everyone will either kill each other or wait until there are no rations left.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
America should just invade Canada.
They are polite.
They have good beer.
And we wouldn't have to travel that far.

(note to Canadians, kidding but your bacon scares me)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
*shakes head*

*shakes head again*

Sorry I simply do not believe these figures... in my mind it seems they are trying every trick in the book (while adding some new twists) to give themselves the wiggle room to claim things are not getting worse..

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

None of us actually eat that bacon and many of us are unsure why the stuff is even popular.

Mind you I'd the US invaded us I'm sure the beer factories would be taken over and our recipes ruined. And then there is that pesky legal drinking age you guys have, gross.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We are witnessing the very last steps of the Rothschild central bank take-over of the world. It is like when a animal gets caught by a python, its a slow death, and we are nearly there.

The only question left to ask is: who will be the bankers-corporations "War" force when the United States is living like Brazil

Thus, the only true choice for this U.S. corporations President is Ron Paul, but i fear it is too very late

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

The only way we are going to improve this place is if we can gather infinite amounts of resources. If we had space based industries it would be a reality.

I picture our society as a bunch of people locked in a room with enough basic provisions to last a finite amount of time. You cannot create growth, you will fight for or con your way to obtaining more rations. Eventually unless one bright individual says hey the doors unlocked we can leave now everyone will either kill each other or wait until there are no rations left.

You've seen those blue receptacles right? You've seen scrap metal yards too? There's enough hydrocarbons and building materials in play already. If you're referring to food, we have the ability to go vertical hydroponic with LED's replacing sunlight.

I'd also gamble on cold fusion being a segue into wi-tricity (pulling energy out of the atmosphere).
edit on 2-9-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

That article is written to inform but obfuscate. They're really downplaying it. The sad part is people believe this.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The elements required to produce next generation electricity aren't in abundance on earth.
we can make said elements but the cost is far too high and we wouldn't be able to produce enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This why I say we need to invade mexico, take 50 miles of there norther territory, and create a new country. Build a few cities and deport the illegal imigrants.. That way you are creating thousands if not a million jobs, and youre solving your immigration problem. Now the mexicans who flee their drug lord owned country have a place to go, that we would more or less control, and youre creating another territory between us and mexico to help curtail more coming here. Sounds absurd, but best solution we have for right now. Then if they ant to be americans they have a place to go and learn before integrating into the US. Seriously, millions of jobs, and way better security..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Firstly that's an economic fallacy.

Secondly, this exemplifies the idea that the US is greedy and will do any unethical thing to stay afloat.
edit on 2-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join