It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Artist Alex Schaefer's Painting Of A Burning Bank Brings Visit From LAPD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Los Angeles Artist Alex Schaefer's Painting Of A Burning Bank Brings Visit From LAPD

Los Angeles-based artist Alex Schaefer, 41, recently learned just how problematic it can be to have your work misinterpreted. A painting of his, which depicted a Chase Bank on fire and was “was intended to be a visual metaphor for the havoc that banking practices have caused to the economy,” according to the LA Times, has prompted a police investigation.

It all started when Schaefer was painting in front of a Chase Bank when the police rolled up and 'told [him] that somebody had called and said they felt threatened by my painting. They said they had to find out my intention. They asked if I was a terrorist and was I going to follow through and do what I was painting."

This would almost be funny if it didn't serve as evidence of how thoroughly we have devolved into a Banana Republic and become a parody of ourselves. :shk:
edit on 2-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

As some of you know on here Im extremely pro cop however....this is just a waste of resources and unfortunate...unless there is more to the story im missing.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just shows how much fear can control a person. You get what you deserve.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Check out my thread on the single biggest disinformation campaign going and it might shed some light on the topic. Also, I linked to another thread within that which explains how the banking system has annihilated democratic capitalism in North America.

My thread

EDIT: I'll give you a hint. Democracy has not existed in the US since 1933. It is a corporation, not a republic.
edit on 3/9/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

ALL police and alphabet agents need to be tested for "creative intelligence" before being trained or hired.

Too many conclude that creative works and/or pure intellectual analysis constitute 'threats.' In their little minds, all artists are suspect and anyone who dares question the status quo is automatically judged guilty of criminal acts. Many are so psychologically dysfunctional and socially delayed they assume single women who live alone uptown must be hookers. The list goes on. ...In the meantime, functioning psychopaths sail under their faulty radar and literally get away with murder.

...and we pay for their simpleminded malfunctioning delusional paranoias!

edit on 3/9/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

love the painting. not big on the hat though. lol.

here's a bizarre thought. instead of calling the police, how about walking over to the guy and TALK TO HIM. people have gotten so paranoid that it's rediculous.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by jaynkeel

Chances are, the ones that called the cops were the banks themselves. But then again, people will call cops for any sign of "threat" these days
Speaking as a person who HAS to handle money, when there's suspicious activity, I call my boss and discuss whether or not we need to call the cops. This isn't about fearing the person, it's about having paperwork to cover our butts in cases the company thinks that we are in cahoots when something does go wrong. Lot of paranoia in the service industry.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

freedom of religion.

his painting represents the prayers of the many.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhiteHuman

Looks like a murderer? What exactly is your description of a murderer...someone with a beard and a smile?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Television and pop culture my dear Watson...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join