It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileak cable mentions life on other planets.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
All the wikileaks cables are now available on their homepage. Lots of unpleasant and horrofic stories to be read. However I have taken breaks and try searches for all sorts of weird stuff. Some of it can be quite interesting.

Anyway. There does only seem to be one mention of Et's. Don't get too excited! This is merely noting the comments of some guy I never heard of called Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloev.

He makes the comment. The commets are noted and thats it.

Now this is more than lightly nothing. But I have noticed very often when people's comments are a little silly , daft, ignorant , stupid etc, reference is often made to this in the cables. A smart arsed comment is very regular.

What was interesting in this cable was no reference was made to the 'life on other planets' comment. The guy posting the cable stated that the person was very difficult to talk to and gave the impression he did not enjoy it, but nocticeabley he didn't say anything about his silly alien life beliefs which would have been expected.

I just thought I would throw it out there for anyone to have a look at for themselves. The section he mentions it in:

"The Mayor began the meeting with a lengthy discourse on Afghanistan, thanking the United States for its contributions and sacrifices there, and saying that U.S. activities there were very important "as we enter the third millennium and the 21st century." Ubaidulloev thought the main task there was to build a sense of national identity among ethnically disparate groups, and said the United States was an example for this. He noted that "war is very dangerous", and said "we know there is life on other planets, but we must make peace here first."

The full cable is here;
www.cablegatesearch.net...

There is some other interesting cables regards countries intentions in space and rules drawn up for space activities but nothing very revealing.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but the keywords ELENIN and NIBIRU produced no hits at all.
Diplomats didnt think it was worth talking about.

Edit - the cables end at February 2010, so comet Elenin (which wasnt discovered until December) wouldnt have been known.

edit on 2-9-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think this individual just threw that in because it was his own belief system.

Something any of us on ATS would do if given the chance.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

It does leave one wondering if the comment about life on other planets was simply an off-hand comment, or something this person knows as a fact. And I guess why do we need to make peace here first? Did the aliens prohibit us from going into space, if we cannot get along on our own planet?

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Well yeah.

We won't be accepted into the intergalactic family while we still engage in primitive tribal warfare.

Imagine us with space traveling tech. We would be a danger to other races.
we would be like the romulan star empire.

For real.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I think this individual just threw that in because it was his own belief system.

Something any of us on ATS would do if given the chance.

I would be generally swayed that way. But there is little things in the cable make me wonder.

First , as I said there was no snide commentary from the report.

Another thing was the title of the cable. When I read the title I checked the date to make sure it was not 1st of april because there is an april fools day thread out there too.

The thread title is ;MAYOR MEETS AMBASSADOR, CONFIRMS EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE

Confirms it with who? Is this the reporter with this thread title notifying the bosses that this guy is in the loop on et life? Why doesn't it say 'mentions' et life? or 'talks about" et life? Why confirms? It gets a very brief mention in the cable so why does he say confirms? Was there a much more substantial conversation on the matter with confirmation ?

Why wasn't the post titled 'Mayor meets ambassador, who confirms HIS belief in Extraterrestiall life'

Just some questions that will reamin unanswered.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The man is the mayor of Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan.

If, hypothetically, knowledge of extraterrestrial life was disseminated around a hierarchical elite, I doubt someone as low on the ''food chain'' as the mayor of a city in a Central Asian nation would be privy to such hypothetical knowledge.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I would imagine if there are space faring races they would prohibit an aggressive civilization from roaming around. I certainly would. And, yes, we would be an absolute disaster in space. If a country colonized the moon for instance, they would claim property rights to it and lock the market importing ores and metals back to earth. Eventually people would go to war with that country to gain access to the minerals. Silly people. We need a better system.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Dushanbe Mayor Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloev said...

So they have a looney mayor. And the cable accurately descripes that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Soooo....

The Mayor of a city in Tajikistan believes that ET life exists elsewhere.

link   

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,regardless of that tid-bit I believe Julian did say there was a big reference to ufo's in the cables,so I'm counting on you guys to dig up all of the "good stuff"on wiki leaks...
Keep up the good work guys!

link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Thats the problem. The cable does not refer to him as looney. And after all the cables I have read these guys do not hold back on their comments.

The thread refers to the guy as " been a difficult, unpredictable, and sometimes hostile"

It does NOT refer to him as looney anywhere in the cable.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,regardless of that tid-bit I believe Julian did say there was a big reference to ufo's in the cables,so I'm counting on you guys to dig up all of the "good stuff"on wiki leaks...
Keep up the good work guys!

Sorry , I believe your mistaken. When I heard Assange questioned about UFO's/ ET life etc, he mentioned that there was only a brief reference to it.

There night be something else uncovered that wasn't spotted before but I doubt it very much. There is very good search engines for the cables and nothing else seems to be coming up for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

I'm not sure if he's looney....he simply believes what most people including myself (and virtually all relatively well-educated people) believe -- that life most likely exists elsewhere in the universe, and not only on Earth. However, and to be clear here, that's not the same as saying that most people believe that aliens are visiting the Earth.

Granted, this mayor may believe in this more strongly than others, but it's still a widely-held general belief none the less.

I am fairly certain of this idea, also. I'd say I'm more than 99% certain that intelligent life exists elsewhere, although I can never be 100% certain until we actually somehow find that life. However, I'm far less convinced that ETs are visiting the Earth (although I can't rule it out completely).

...So, like I said above, all this cable is telling us is that the Mayor of a city in Tajikistan believes life exists somewhere else in the universe other than Earth. That's not really world-changing news.

edit on 9/2/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

That's not really world-changing news.

yep, and nobody was claining it was.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Then it must be my memory because I thought it would be much more than a brief sentence... oh well

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

That's not really world-changing news.

yep, and nobody was claining it was.

I suppose my point is that a lot of mayors all over the world (and regular people in general, which is what a mayor mostly is) would probably openly claim to feel the same way that this guy feels...

...So I fail to see the significance of this cable. It's telling me that some guy believes that life exists elsewhere in the universe.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Tried a few searches on the guy and he does mix in interesting circles.

Found this little snippet on his son from just this Saturday, who seems to have got himself an interesting job?

ice-skatin.fileresize.info...

www.bakutoday.net...
edit on 2-9-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

A job at the IMF huh? Maybe? Too bad I cannot read whatever language that is.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

added another link above there with more details. should all be in english

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join