It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The sports facilities are the detention/relocation camps..." ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
What are your thoughts on this?

Weak backpeddaling from the FEMA camp crowd. For years they have been ranting about buildings that do not even exist, none of them have gone to check out, and could never confirm or prove for themselves. Eventually they were going to catch on but there was no way they were going to let the idea of being rounded up into concentration camps go. That sells DVDs.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KendraSins

Weak backpeddaling from the FEMA camp crowd. For years they have been ranting about buildings that do not even exist, none of them have gone to check out, and could never confirm or prove for themselves. Eventually they were going to catch on but there was no way they were going to let the idea of being rounded up into concentration camps go. That sells DVDs.

Do your snarky little remarks/insults make you feel better about yourself? Do you actually have anything to contribute, or are you just going to pick your nose and call people names?

Were people not forced to stay in the Superdome after katrina?
Is FEMA in the habit of just making stuff up about themselves?

www.fema.gov...

BILOXI, Miss. -- Even in the mind-numbing heat that defines summers in Mississippi, boys and girls still eagerly take to the field to play America's pastime. A softball field at the Rudy Moran Sports Complex in D'Iberville, named in honor of a former county employee, will be open for business within a week and local high school softball teams can hardly wait.

The softball field was used as an emergency temporary housing site for nearly 40 families after Katrina. Two years later, the trailers are gone and teams are gearing up to play again...

...The parks and recreation director receives regular help from Jerry Harper, a FEMA contractor monitor...

..."We understand housing people is more important than sports. And all of our leagues have been great about working with each other knowing FEMA trailers were still out here,"...

Eight of the 12 closed parks that temporarily housed more than 600 families across the Gulf Coast have been remediated and returned to their local communities.

Hmm, FEMA talking about how they turned sports facilities into relocation camps... They must be paranoid/trying to sell DVDs, right?
Maybe you just skipped over that in your haste to insinuate that others are the crazy/stupid ones?

Get lost.

Originally posted by thepupils
Wow, same in my town! ... The minor league baseball field directly across the street from where the national guard stores military vehicles.

Any chance you could tell me what city you're in? If you want to send me a private message I won't post the coordinates for a while/until after I post others, so noone would know it was from you...
edit on 27-11-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Modesto, Ca. John Thurman Field, google earth it. directly across the street is the National Guard Armory. A golf course, and a river, with Higway directly behind the river. No railroad tracks on the baseball side of the river though.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
^That recruiter station looks so inviting with all that razor wire around it...

37.620623,-121.001133 maps.google.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sports stadiums can have 10's of thousands, in some cases over 100,000 people in them, many hammered out of their mind, having a police station or National Guard close by just makes sense.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
All high schools built since 1992 have been designed to be detainment/evacuation centers also. My high school was built by architects that have designed SEVERAL prisons here in california. A huge bell tower, all brick, every quad has a roll down metal gate. There have been 2-3 high schools built in town since then, and all of them are similar. Very different than the older high schools in town. Although a high school built during the 40's does have a nuclear fall out shelter, that can hold 1,200. Look around your towns and see if all the High Schools built post 92' have a detainment features, Tall towers, lock down gates, Brick walls, etc...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
not to mention the fact that only a small fraction of the classrooms actually have windows now (at least in new or renovated schools here)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Were people not forced to stay in the Superdome after katrina?
Is FEMA in the habit of just making stuff up about themselves?

You mean the people in the streets looting, or the ones on their rooves because they did not or could not get to the superdome that they were being "forced" to stay in. I hope that was not your one example of them successfully containing people.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have said this before "FEMA wants us in a cage they dont care if it got a roof on it"
With that. any peace of government land whither its Fed. State or local can be turned in to a camp

my other ATS post

All FEMA needs is an open feild, When I was in the service we as in "my chalk and 10 more chalks" did 8 square acres in 12ft chain length in less than 24 hrs. FEMA just wants us in a cage they dont care if its got a roof on it.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"KendraSins"
first time I'm ever 'reporting' someone to the moderators. Nobody is this stupid, you're clearly trolling
edit on 27-11-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Yes! thats how the new ones ALL are. You would think with all the budget cuts, and lack of funding to the education departments that financially it makes sense to make CHEAPER schools, you know PORTABLES! Have all the schools be portable trailers. Hmmm, wonder why they don't do that in this great economic depression "cough,cough" I mean recession. Plans are already written and are being executed. You don't think there are plans to invade Canada, or Mexico if need to? They have plans on standby if need be. Same with this national emergency/false terror attacks. They have plans for citizens, just not executed yet. The facilities are there right in front of our eyes. We just don't pay attention or see it. Kinda like the mail man, he's there every day but you don't really pay attention, or aware "Hey, there's the mail carrier"

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This may sound far fetched or paranoid, but it is a valid observation. All Jehovah Witness Kingdom Halls have a metal barred fence around them with the curve on the INSIDE? Why would you have curves keeping you in? Wouldn't you want them turned to the outside of the perimeter. There are Kingdom Halls in pretty much every city. From little mountain towns to middle america. (there are EVERY denomination in EVERY city, so I am not just targeting 1 denomination by any means) It's just an observation that I noticed on EVERY kingdom hall. No windows in the kingdom hall either, also they are always brick. ALL of them are high barred metal gates. They say they have a lot of vandalism problems from anti JW's. Who knows, anyone else notice the Kingdom Halls lockdown design?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
PORTABLES! Have all the schools be portable trailers.

well, we do have a surplus of FEMA trailers at the ready...

Not my video and I don't know the whole story about why they're there/if they're still there. They may or may not be the ones that are/were formaldehyde-ridden...

Either way, it's a lot of damn trailers

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was looking at a California Department of Corrections wholesale magazine that sells everything to the Prison Union/Facilities. Very interesting, they have these "PoP, up" units that are dome shaped, made out of a thin weather resistant/fire retardant with A/C and air filtration that houses HUNDREDS of people. All you do is have a cement slap with plumbing, order the "Pod" it's delivered and set up. I forget how much they are, but they started them in the middle america. Haven't seen em here in California, but there there to be ordered.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
meadowlands/metlife/giants stadium complex, as mentioned on the first page... Zoom in to see the railroad line ending inside the complex/connected to the stadium, which is all surrounded by waterways and other barriers...

maps.google.com... 40.812185,-74.072818

FEMA Exercises at Giants Stadium.

FEMA to Take Part in Exercises at Meadowlands Stadium This Weekend

March 18, 2011

The Federal Emergency Management Agency will be at the stadium in the Meadowlands this weekend.
www.newyorkjets.com...

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and its federal, state and local partners will conduct an exercise — code-named "REDZONE" — on Saturday, March 19, to evaluate response concepts, plans and capabilities at New Meadowlands Stadium.

The exercise will focus on local emergency responder command and control coordination, critical decisions, notifications and integration of state and federal assets necessary to save lives and protect public health and safety.

Among the participants are:

Federal Agencies

FEMA, Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Department of Energy-Brookhaven Laboratory, Department of Health and Human Services, United States Air Force Search and Recovery Team

New Jersey State Agencies — Office of Emergency Management, State Police, Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Health and Senior Services, Department of Human Services, Department of Criminal Justice, Office of the State Medical Examiner, Division of Fire Safety, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Task Force, N.J. Sports and Exposition Authority, 21st Civil Support Team, N.J. National Guard

Regional Groups — N.J. Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI), Mobile Intensive Care Communications of N.J.

Bergen County Agencies — Office of Emergency Management, Fire Coordinator, Police Department, EMS Coordinator

Private Sector Agencies — New Meadowlands Stadium Corporation, N.J. Transit, Eastern Regional Helicopter Council

Non-Governmental Organizations — The American Red Cross

doesn't not ring a bell...

edit on 28-11-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Qualcomm Stadium also has a railway through their parking lot maps.google.com... 32.781128,-117.119601
I understand what public transportation is, but the russian/european railways of last century had other purposes as well.

And it has been used as a disaster recovery/relocation facility in the past.

I don't have time to look around for correctional facilities/military outposts in such a heavily populated area right now, but there are these videos of some guys talking about their negative experiences using the stadium as a relocation camp when they were evacuated for wildfires.
They get re-relocated to del mar fairgrounds ( 32.97724,-117.261114 ) which is a huge fenced area containing fenced racetracks and a bunch of housing units(?) with water ways/ocean on 2/3 sides and railroad in back...

language warning

Emergency evacuations? What the media won't tell you!

Imagine this....in the span of 8 days you are surrounded by fire, evacuated from a place you call home and placed in a shelter (Qualcomm Stadium) where you are afraid, disoriented but at least feel safe from the fires and are being fed. Then you find out -- only 3-4 days later (still in shock and disbelief from losing your home) that you will actually be booted out of Qualcomm Stadium so the football game can take place on Sunday (it is our understanding that the head of the NFL called Mayor Sanders and told him the game would take place in San Diego and relocating it to Houston was NOT an option -- we do not know if Sanders gave any push back to this demand).

Now you are shuttled off to the Del Mar Fairgrounds for shelter...only to be booted out of there within a couple of days. The evacuees were given around 24 hours notice to get out of Del Mar fairgrounds after barely just arriving. When one of our reporters asked an American Red Cross worker where the evacuees would go next she stated she did not know but they would "probably be taken to other shelters or something".

"Other shelters or something" ? This is happening in less than 24 hours and if the Red Cross does not know who does? This worker was also asked what items the evacuees needed at this time. Her response was "I don't know you would have to go back and ask them" . When the reporter went back to ask them there were bold signs stating "Donations at this location were no longer needed". She went up to the evacuees and asked if this was true.

Many told her, in fact, it was not as they needed clothes, strollers, baby items...they were rattling off lists of things needed and stated the signs were put up because they were making them leave the next day at 12:30PM so they did not want to have to deal with excess donations. These items that were donated and still there would be hauled off by Goodwill the next day.

It is a shame when people give freely, only to find their donations are being abused by the actual organizations who solicited the help in the first place. When did we start treating people like cattle to be shuttled off to one uncaring place after another? Where was the media once the clowns and entertainment went away and only the ugly truth of the brutal impacting events lay bare for all to see.

Is it not surprising that there was much frustration among evacuees regarding the American Red Cross and FEMA. This video series only shares the raw feelings and beliefs of San Diego County Fire evacuees as recorded by the reporters. Although it is believed among most of the evacuees that, once again, the Red Cross and FEMA dropped the ball during a National Disaster there were some words of praise given to the everyday volunteers who had not yet become desensitized by the system. It is our belief that many join such organizations to help their fellow man and they volunteer because they have a true calling to help others. However, like many organizations, the bureaucracy and desensitization of those at the top impede the good intentions of the volunteers at the bottom.

edit on 28-11-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
from FEMA region 10... (do you know what the fema regions are?)

I was thinking back to the last time I was in anchorage, and remembered getting a creepy vibe at this long strip of parks.

Turns out the creepy, secretive-looking federal building and courthouse nearby, where we had been talking about the fbi people we'd seen there, and the only place we were confronted by security the whole trip, is also now a fema center.

The Probation and Parole Division of the Anchorage Correctional Complex is between the fema/federal building and the parks, along with the Social Security Administration building and some kind of data sequestering building.
Then right across the street is the long strip of parks, which stops a small block away from the railroad.
About two blocks up, that railroad splits into a railyard right at (and touching) the Alaska Judicial Council building and goes on to go right by the actual prison (which is right across the road from one airport) and then on into Elmendorf Airforce Base, which is listed all over the internet as having some kind of huge fema camp...

fed building/fema center - 61.215137,-149.885037
judicial council building - 61.219735,-149.903281
prison - 61.218526,-149.855812

FEMA To Open Alaska Area Office In Anchorage

2007 Region X News Releases

SEATTLE, Wash. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is officially opening their Alaska Area Office in the Anchorage Federal Building Annex (222 W. 8th Avenue) on Monday, 9 July 2007. FEMA Administrator R. David Paulison announced that the new office will serve as a work station for agency pre-disaster preparedness initiatives, and as an initial operating facility for federally declared disasters.

"The New FEMA is committed to working with our partners on the ground and at every level of government," said Paulison. "Regional offices help us build strong relationships and open lines of communication before a disaster strikes. A permanent regional presence is an essential part of our effort to build the foundation for FEMAs future activities in Alaska."

Susan Reinertson, FEMA Regional Administrator for the states of Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington agrees. "I am proud to announce Robert Forgit as our Alaska Area Office Manager, who assumes leadership of the new office in September," said Reinertson. "Robert has decades of experience in Alaska planning for and responding to disasters throughout his distinguished career with the U.S. Coast Guard, and is well respected throughout the anti-terror and all-hazards disaster response community."

The FEMA Alaska Area Office will also serve as a forward field office for pre-disaster preparedness and planning, as well as a staging and work area for Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA) teams. FEMA staff will be joined by uniformed Defense Coordinating Element (DCE) personnel.

FEMA coordinates the federal governments role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.

edit on 29-11-2011 by maybehelpful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
^ Biggest prison in the state was just built across the bay...

Nov 07, 2011

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two 12-foot-high fences fortified with spiky razor wire should intimidate would-be escapees. Eight hundred cameras inside and out will record movement. Armed officers will rove the perimeter 24/7.

The massive - and controversial - Goose Creek Correctional Center in the Mat-Su is complete and nearly ready for its first batch of prisoners.

Goose Creek can house 1,536 inmates and will be Alaska's biggest prison by far.

"If you're going to have to build a prison, this is a good one," Schmidt said. Little change was needed from the original concept, he said. In one high security area, a catwalk was added so that officers could more quickly respond to a crisis.

Neeser Construction designed and built the prison under a contract worth $225 million out of a borough project budget totaling $243 million, according to Russ Krafft, Mat-Su Borough purchasing office.

The borough will lease the prison back to the state for $17.8 million a year.

On top of that, the department says Goose Creek will cost $35 million a year to run, and that's if it houses just 1,050 inmates, about the number now in Colorado. If it is full, the operating budget will be significantly higher, around $50 million per year.

It costs $23.5 million a year to house the inmates in Colorado.

"We never promised this to be a money saver," Schmidt said...

Now... I wonder how this is going to apply with the defense authorization act "turning all of america into a battlezone" ...

Enemy Prisoners of War and Civilian Internees
www.globalsecurity.org...

Part Two addresses handling, securing, and accounting for EPWs and CIs. The MP performing EPW/CI operations must follow specific ROE and ROI applicable to this category of I/R operations. The EPWs and CIs are not treated as DCs or US military prisoners. Leaders and soldiers must be knowledgeable of the Geneva and Hague Conventions, applicable protocols, ARs, and US laws. During war or military operations other than war (MOOTW) involving US forces, the accountability and safe, humane treatment of captives are essential. The US policy demands that all persons who are captured, detained, or held by US forces during conflict be treated humanely. This policy applies from the moment captives are taken until they are released, repatriated, or transferred. Chapter 3 describes division collecting points (CPs) and corps holding areas (CHAs) that may be established throughout the battlefield. Chapter 4 addresses procedures for EPWs, and Chapter 5 describes procedures for CIs. Chapter 6 addresses unique planning requirements to be considered when operating an I/R facility.

Chapter 3
Division Collecting Points and Corps Holding Areas

A large number of captives on the battlefield hampers maneuver units as they move to engage and destroy an enemy. To assist maneuver units in performing their mission

3-24. Do not speak to captives except to give orders or directions. Do not let captives talk to or signal each other. This prevents them from plotting ways to counter security and plan escapes. An uncooperative captive can be gagged in certain tactical situations; however, only use a gag for as long as needed and ensure that it does not harm the captive.

CENTRAL COLLECTING POINTS

3-46. A central CP (Figure 3-3) is larger than a forward CP, but it has a similar setup and operation. The larger holding capacity of a central CP requires additional MP. If sufficient MP are unavailable, it is augmented by a division, corps, or EAC band to assist with perimeter security. Captives are provided food, water, first aid, and medical attention as required.

3-47. As stated in the division OPLAN or OPORD, a central CP is located near the division support area (DSA) in an area that prevents captives from observing activities within the DSA. It is also located near MSRs to make delivery, evacuation, and resupply easier.

CORPS HOLDING AREAS

3-55. A CHA (Figure 3-4) can hold more captives for longer periods of times than a central CP. Depending on the availability of MP units to establish I/R facilities, corps MP units must be prepared to hold captives at the CHA more than 72 hours. If the CHA keeps captives more than 72 hours, MP must plan and coordinate for the increased logistics and personnel required to operate a long-term facility. The decision to hold captives longer is based on METT-TC and the availability of forces. Captives remain in the CHA until they are evacuated to an I/R facility or until hostilities end.

3-56. A CHA receives captives from CPs and units that capture them in the rear area. Usually, one CHA is established to support each division conducting operations. However, additional CHAs may be required based on the—

Size of the corps area.

Type of terrain.

Length of the LOC between the CHA and the division central CPs.

Number of captives being moved.

3-57. A CHA is usually located near a base or a base cluster in the corps rear area. When selecting a site—

Coordinate with the unit responsible for the area (terrain) and the corps rear CP.

Conduct a recon to select a location.

Is it adjacent to an MSR, a railroad, or an airfield?

Are existing buildings available?

Is it close to supply facilities?

CONSTRUCTION

3-58. A CHA is more permanent than CPs. Existing structures may be used and are preferred. The capture rate and the captive categories determine the size of the CHA. A multistory building has a smaller perimeter to guard; however, it requires using guards on each floor and may present a security risk for the guards. Depending on the tactical situation, perimeter lighting can be used.

3-59. When constructing a CHA, divide it into two or more compounds for segregation, security, and ease of control. Consider providing more than one entrance into the CHA. Include a reception area for further processing, searching, and examining of selected captives by MI. Include sanitary facilities (showers and latrines) and shelter (tentage and existing buildings) from the elements and direct and indirect fire.

3-68. Consider the following when planning an MI screening site:

The site is located where screeners can observe captives as they are segregated and processed. It is shielded from the direct view of captives and is far enough away that captives cannot overhear screeners' conversations.

The site has an operation, administrative, and interrogation area. The interrogation area accommodates an interrogator, a captive, a guard, and an interpreter as well as furniture. Lights are available for night operations.

Procedures are implemented to verify that sick and wounded captives have been treated and released by authorized medical personnel.

Guards are available and procedures are implemented for escorting captives to the interrogation site.

Procedures are published to inform screeners who will be moved and when they will be moved.

Accountability procedures are implemented and required forms are available.

COLLECTING POINTS IN OTHER OPERATIONS

3-69. The CPs can also be operated during river crossing, amphibious, airborne, armored, and air assault operations:

River crossing operations. Establish temporary CPs on entry and exit sides of the river (corps MP often take control of CPs). Return from the exit bank and evacuate captives to the rear, preventing interference with tactical operations and protecting captives from hostile fire. Coordinate with traffic control personnel at the crossing site to prevent interference with assault forces who are moving forward. Use a secondary crossing site if available...

edit on 30-11-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
from the thread "Former Arapahoe County Sheriff arrested for exchanging meth for sex "

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
www.wtkr.com
Former Arapahoe County sheriff Patrick Sullivan is facing felony charges for allegedly using and distributing methamphetamine in exchange for sex, according to current Sheriff Grayson Robinson.

The one-time national Sheriff of the Year made his first court appearance Wednesday morning.

He's being held in the jail that bears his name, the "Patrick J. Sullivan, Jr. Detention Facility."

The place he's being held is at 39.581543,-104.832562 maps.google.com...

It's connected to a sports complex, the Denver Broncos Headquarters, literally sharing the parking lot and football fields- it all looks like it's part of the same complex, with more fenced fields across the street, the arapahoe community park.
There's an airport right there too. Courthouse, sheriffs, coroner, all right there.
edit on 30-11-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You should really look at this one. It seems... blatant

Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Oregon
maps.google.com... 44.058386,-123.068419

There's a prison right there next to the stadium, a big national guard building right there, juvenile court and district court, masonic lodge (if that means anything to you), a mental health facility (Lane County Behavioral Health‎), etc...

All of that in one small area as if it's all part of the same business, surrounded by a canal/moat, one side of which is bordered by a river with railroad along the other side, and more fenced fields...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join