It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The sports facilities are the detention/relocation camps..." ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What are your thoughts on this?

The local baseball complex happens to be based around a National Gaurd armoury

ar·mor·y
   [ahr-muh-ree]
noun, plural -mor·ies.

1. a storage place for weapons and other war equipment.
2. a building that is the headquarters and drill center of a military unit.

And right up the road from the prison.

Is it common to have National Guard installations (potential "targets" or danger zones) surrounded by baseball fields or other such stadiums/fenced areas/fields that are generally looked at as benevolent?

The armoury is also listed as the location of the State Defense Force, part of the National Guard. The state defense force is mentioned sometimes in relation to REX-84, and their acknowledged purpose is to respond to disasters and civil unrest...

Get on google earth and look at your local sports complexes.
Note their locations in relation to jails, police stations/hangouts, hospitals, areas for helicopters to land, railroad tracks, and airports...

Martial Law Can Happen New Orleans Got Iraqed

www.youtube.com...

FEMA Exercises at Giants Stadium.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
FEMA is calling them safehouses.

If you search long enough you'll find building plans and so on.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I know that it has long been the plan that in the event of pandemic, the ill would be not routed to a hospital, but sports complexes would be used instead - so their being a key in other military/emergency planning does not surprise me.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Men suspected of being mercenaries for Moammar Gadhafi, are held in a district sports center next to the medina, set up as provisory jail in Tripoli, Libya, Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2011

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — Rebel forces and armed civilians are rounding up thousands of black Libyans and migrants from sub-Sahara Africa, accusing them of fighting for ousted strongman Moammar Gadhafi and holding them in makeshift jails across the capital.

Virtually all of the detainees say they are innocent migrant workers, and in most cases there is no evidence that they are lying. But that is not stopping the rebels from placing the men in facilities like the Gate of the Sea sports club, where about 200 detainees — all black — clustered on a soccer field this week, bunching against a high wall to avoid the scorching sun.

Handling the prisoners is one of the first major tests for the rebel leaders, who are scrambling to set up a government that they promise will respect human rights and international norms, unlike the dictatorship they overthrew.

The rebels' National Transitional Council has called on fighters not to abuse prisoners and says those accused of crimes will receive fair trials.There has been little credible evidence of rebels killing or systematically abusing captives during the six-month conflict. Still, the African Union and Amnesty International have protested the treatment of blacks inside Libya, saying there is a potential for serious abuse.

Aladdin Mabrouk, a spokesman for Tripoli's military council, said no one knows how many people have been detained in the city, but he guessed more than 5,000. While no central registry exists, he said neighborhood councils he knows have between 200 and 300 prisoners each. The city of 1.8 million has dozens of such groups.

Justice Minister Mohammed al-Alagi told reporters this week that he'd visited several detention centers and found conditions "up to international standards."

"We are building a Libya of tolerance and freedom, not of revenge," he said.

Football stadiums being used as prisons after mass arrests follow weekend of government violence in Syria

- Mediterranean City stadium in Banias modified to act as giant jail
- More than 400 residents dragged from homes since Saturday
- Soldiers shoot dead four women as human chain blocks tanks' advance
- UN humanitarian team refused entry to Daraa, despite previous agreement
- Yemen security forces kill six after firing on teachers protesting wage cut

The Syrian government is using football stadiums as makeshift prisons after security forces dragged hundreds of residents from their homes.

Stadiums are being used in at least two cities - Banias and Daraa - after mass arrests were made on Monday, said Rami Abdul-Rahman, director of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

Security forces broke into homes in the Damascus suburb of Modemiyah and arrested residents arbitrarily as part of government intimidation tactics used to suppress uprisings by protesters asking for reform...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Get on google earth and look at your local sports complexes. Note their locations in relation to jails, police stations/hangouts, hospitals, areas for helicopters to land, railroad tracks, and airports...

I would say that sports stadiums are generally located in highly populated areas, so of COURSE they are going to be near hospitals, jails etc...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's football season.

Highly doubt this scenario.

Mess with the economy, mess with welfare, mess with social security, but you better not mess with football.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In Columbus, Ohio the "Crew" soccer stadium is not downtown, it is on the north side near the fairgrounds. Guess what is right across the street.... The National Guard

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I would say that sports stadiums are generally located in highly populated areas, so of COURSE they are going to be near hospitals, jails etc...

Ok, but what about the dozens of humvees and water buffalos/personell carriers that have been growing in numbers parked by my local baseball fields for the past ten years? I've never seen them actually do anything with that stuff, besides build onto/add to it.

What's your simple, logical explanation for why we build sports complexes/childrens play areas directly on top of/surrounding National Guard munitions storage?

Originally posted by 1825114
The local baseball complex happens to be based around a National Gaurd armoury

ar·mor·y
   [ahr-muh-ree]
noun, plural -mor·ies.

1. a storage place for weapons and other war equipment.
2. a building that is the headquarters and drill center of a military unit.

And right up the road from the prison.

edit on 2-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yankee Stadium (the old one and the newly built one) is located on 161st street a mere 5 minute walk from Criminal AND Supreme court.

You learn something new everyday.

We all heard about what happened in the stadium during Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on this?
Is it common to have National Guard installations (potential "targets" or danger zones) surrounded by baseball fields or other such stadiums/fenced areas/fields that are generally looked at as benevolent?

Not to my knowledge. The better ones are built near tracks so they have somewhere to run, or on actual military bases. Most are just built wherever.

The armoury is also listed as the location of the State Defense Force, part of the National Guard.

SDFs are not part of the National Guard.

Note their locations in relation to jails, police stations/hangouts, hospitals, areas for helicopters to land, railroad tracks, and airports...

Sports complexes, being built in cities, are typically near other things that are usually found in cities.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I agree that military bases tend to have sports fields nearby, but to me that is very normal. Then again, I am not in the mindset that I and others will be detained en mass at some point in the future. Paranoia I think they call that. And when looking at cities in general, you're going to be able to find these things in close proximity to each other. Military - physical fitness - surrounding neighborhood gets sports facilities. So to me, it's common. But I do agree it would be smart to use them as large scale emergency response centers, and I do like to know that FEMA is actually training for emergencies. I mean, that is their job right?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As mentioned above, look how they handled the emergency response center at the superdome during katrina...
But I'm sure FEMA is "better trained" by now, right?

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Ok, but my local National Guard Armoury - the one I've been talking about - Is listed as the State Defense Force building. I think part of it's a VFW hall as well. Your statement doesn't prove/disprove anything.

Sports complexes, being built in cities, are typically near other things that are usually found in cities.
Note the part where I said "Note their locations in relation to" those things. Look at their proximity to each other.
Pretend you're a law enforcement agent and you need to find the best/quickest routes to effectively patrol an area/keep it surveiled/keep people inside.

A school on one side of a city probably isn't related to a college of a different name on the other side of the city.

A school next to a library and a science lab, with a short, well-lit, paved path leading directly into a college dorm and branching off into other nearby academic buildings, covered with banners/posters with the college's name on them posted everywhere... Probably some kind of relationship there.
edit on 2-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Ok, but my local National Guard Armoury - the one I've been talking about - Is listed as the State Defense Force building. I think part of it's a VFW hall as well.

Great.

Note the part where I said "Note their locations in relation to" those things. Look at their proximity to each other. Pretend you're a law enforcement agent and you need to find the best/quickest routes to effectively patrol an area/keep it surveiled/keep people inside.

Is this some kind of traveling salesman problem? I was never very good at math.

A school on one side of a city probably isn't related to a college of a different name on the other side of the city.

A school next to a library and a science lab, with a short, well-lit, paved path leading directly into a college dorm and branching off into other nearby academic buildings, covered with banners/posters with the college's name on them posted everywhere... Probably some kind of relationship there.

It's a conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Can anyone link to pictures of US-controlled prison plots in Iraq/Afghanistan/etc...?

I remember seeing something in some documentary/video a few months ago showing a bunch of americans walking/guarding between big fenced-in lots. The fences were tall and had razor wire on them, but were very basic looking.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I like your idea of thinking about the prison as an extreme emergency strategy. It might not hurt to arm the captives in an extreme emergency. Im sure they want a taste of freedom more than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I was reading an that caught my attention...

Obama Preparing for Martial Law During Hyperinflation
inflation.us...

In August of 2009, the city of Paterson, New Jersey, proposed the implementation of martial law by imposing an adult curfew at night...

It explains how the city was essentially about to create a bunch of pointless new criminals that their police obviously couldn't handle...

In the event that the ordinance was passed, there would immediately be thousands of brand new criminals breaking the law in Paterson and Torres would have a need to ask the Federal Government to bring in the U.S. military to detain the thousands of criminals who were disobeying the law. The Federal Government would in effect be creating a phony conflict in a city with a high crime rate so that they can justify using the U.S. military at home.

This paragraph is the reason I'm bumping this thread, mostly just to point out the link between the national guard and a bunch of jerks who want to make our lives hell...

Last year, President Obama signed an Executive Order "Establishment of the Council of Governors", which Obama claims is an order to strengthen further the "partnership" between the Federal Government and State governments to "protect" our Nation and its people and property. It orders that a council be created of 10 State Governors appointed by the President who will meet to exchange information with the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of Homeland Security, and many other government officials related to the military. Their meetings will concern matters involving the National Guard of the various States, homeland defense, civil support, synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities in the United States; and other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.

also this...

"M.U.S.T. - Surveilance tower in a van"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Friday, September 9, 2011

US lawmakers yesterday witnessed a special demonstration of the Mobile Utility Surveillance Tower (MUST), an elevated monitoring tower that is set to be used by law enforcement in the United States as part of an emergency response to civil unrest.

The device, manufactured by Terrahawk, LLC, is basically a high-tech prison guard tower fitted with surveillance and communications capabilities...

Another promotional video for the device shows it being used outside a sports stadium...

edit on 9-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Good thinking. It is my opinion that the Superdome was used during Hurricane Katrina as a test for possible future martial law detainment. With all of the talks and worries of "end times" scenarios, I previously correlated this idea with the rumors of no football season this year in the guise of 'failure to reach an agreement.' No sports equals.... empty arenas waiting to be filled.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

It is my opinion that the Superdome was used during Hurricane Katrina as a test for possible future martial law detainment.

Ditto, and speaking of katrina, I just came across this, from 2007. It's fema talking up their cooperation with sports complexes, and the great job they'd done in restoring them after turning them into camps...

www.fema.gov...

BILOXI, Miss. -- Even in the mind-numbing heat that defines summers in Mississippi, boys and girls still eagerly take to the field to play America's pastime. A softball field at the Rudy Moran Sports Complex in D'Iberville, named in honor of a former county employee, will be open for business within a week and local high school softball teams can hardly wait.

The softball field was used as an emergency temporary housing site for nearly 40 families after Katrina. Two years later, the trailers are gone and teams are gearing up to play again...

...The parks and recreation director receives regular help from Jerry Harper, a FEMA contractor monitor...

..."We understand housing people is more important than sports. And all of our leagues have been great about working with each other knowing FEMA trailers were still out here,"...

Eight of the 12 closed parks that temporarily housed more than 600 families across the Gulf Coast have been remediated and returned to their local communities.

FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.
combine that/them with the national guard's responsibilty to deal with civil unrest...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
FEMA Partnering With Minor League Baseball
www.ready.gov...

Since 2004, the Ready Campaign has partnered with Citizen Corps and Minor League Baseball™ to help spread the importance of emergency preparedness to baseball fans at stadiums nationwide. Minor League Baseball stadiums have provided the Ready Campaign with the ideal venue and opportunity to reach millions of baseball fans and their communities to encourage them to get prepared.

...by "encourage them to get prepared for disaster," it kind of seems like they mean "get them acclimated to the pressence of troops, weaponry, and military vehicles around the sports complex" ...

just look at the list of scheduled demonstrations and their descriptions. here's the year prior... www.ready.gov...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
"Yeahhhh, get used to it..."

NFL wants pat-downs from ankles up at all stadiums

Sep 15, 2011

The NFL wants all fans patted down from the ankles up this season to improve fan safety.

Under the new "enhanced" pat-down procedures, the NFL wants all 32 clubs to search fans from the ankles to the knees as well as the waist up. Previously, security guards only patted down fans from the waist up while looking for booze, weapons or other banned items.

The stricter physical screening policy impacts the 16.6 million fans expected to attend live regular season NFL games this season...

..."The enhanced security procedures recommended by our office before the start of the season will further increase the safety of fans but will require some additional time," McCarthy told USA TODAY in a statement Thursday. "We encourage fans to come early, enjoy their tailgating tradition, and be patient as they enter the stadium."

The NFL suffered damage to its family-friendly image when a South Carolina man was arrested for using an illegal taser on other fans at a New York Jets-Dallas Cowboys game Sunday night...

Oh but they're doing it "for our safety." Right.
One instance where a fan brings in a taser, and they use it as an excuse to implement more "safety measures," yet they don't blink an eye at the dozens of instances of police/security using far-higher-powered tasers on fans, or straight up beating them...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join