It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru, the Google Sky paradox, and other tall tales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A few months ago, the Nibiru fanatics were adamant that TPTB were censoring part of Google Sky in Orion to conceal Nibiru from the masses. Now, they're claiming that it's there for everyone to see in the constellation of Leo.

Ignoring that fact (as they conveniently do) that Google Sky isn't real-time and is largely made up of old data, doesn't it seem odd to them that TPTB would go to such great lengths to hide Nibiru in Orion, yet now they're not bothering to try to conceal it in Leo? Are TPTB trying to hide Nibiru or not, you can't have it both ways.

Well actually, if you're a Nibiru fanatic, you can. It appears that their crazy belief system is flexible enough to encompass just about anything.

"Nibiru is definitely hidden behind that black square on Google Sky"

"Ah, but now it's in Leo right next to Mercury"

"Wait, there it is in the sky over Auckland looking exactly like a sunlit contrail"

Then of course there's the hundreds, possibly thousands of lens flares, artefacts, double reflections, wilfully-misinterpreted SOHO and STEREO videos, and so on.

I don't believe in Nibiru, full stop, buy even if my thinking was to suddenly become less than rational, I would still find it difficult to believe in something where there's absolutely no consensus or proof at all.

If they could point to a definitive object in the sky and say, "That wasn't there 12 months ago, it's in (almost) the same position every night, and we don't fully understand what it is" (cue the ELE-tards...), then I might be inclined to listen. But they can't do that, and I don't believe they ever will be able to do so.

So, it seems that we've reached an impasse. They can't provide the evidence I require (that's real evidence, not a specious YouTube video), and I know that the fanatics won't change their beliefs; even when 2012 passes without incident, I strongly suspect that they'll steadfastly refuse to budge and just alter the date of our impending doom.

If that's the way they want to live their lives, that's up to them, though I do feel a little sorry for them. I'll just go on thinking rationally and critically, and look forward to 2013.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

I was thinking it was the hidden black box in Virgo. But then Phage kindly pointed out what star it was (hiding behind the Black box in Virgo). As for the Carbon star CW Leonis, I'm still waiting to see the original IR image of the pic they used for that one. I am also waiting for some of the dates that the 'debunked' Nibiru document suggested. Even though it tells a tall tale it was still well done.
edit on 2-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
Ignoring that fact (as they conveniently do) that Google Sky isn't real-time and is largely made up of old data, doesn't it seem odd to them that TPTB would go to such great lengths to hide Nibiru in Orion, yet now they're not bothering to try to conceal it in Leo? Are TPTB trying to hide Nibiru or not, you can't have it both ways.

Well actually, if you're a Nibiru fanatic, you can. It appears that their crazy belief system is flexible enough to encompass just about anything.

And there you hit the nail on the head with conspiracy theories and the people who believe them. Studies have shown that irresepective of the evidence people who hold conspiracy theories NEVER admit to being wrong they merely move the goalposts!

There's nothing wrong with a conspiracy theory as a basis for an investigation (hence ATS) but once the evidence starts to show the theory is nonsense it's time to drop it (ATS years ago).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

It's called cognitive dissonance. They have devoted so much time, energy, and belief in to these theories that the brain simply can't accept that it was wrong. So, instead it comes up with some even crazier excuse as to why it could still be right.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

So lets vote... Likely candidates for the new conspiracy:

After Elenin fly's safely by the Earth and Nibiru is nowhere to be found on any of the dates that were posted (October and September dates).

A. The attack on Elenin showed the Annunaki that we Earthlings are more advanced than they anticipated. They turned Nibiru around and headed back out to hide behind Jupiter to regroup. The new attack takes place Dec. 21, 2012.

B. The attack on Elenin showed the Annunaki that we Earthlings are more advanced than they anticipated. They turned Nibiru around and headed back to Jupiter to investigate the point of attack. Unlike CSI, their investigation will take them 3 years. The new attack takes place in 2015.

C. The object named Elenin showed the Earthlings were not ready to be approached for contact. Nibiru is diverted to CW Leonis in the search for more advanced life. Will return in another 3,600 years.

-saige-

P.S. -- S&F OP

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by saige45

Well we already have at least Blossom Goodchild taking credit for its disintegration. So, it must have been destroyed by the aliens that were going to 100% show up in 2008, no exceptions, but then decided we didn't believe enough and didn't leave enough crystals outside so they didn't show up. This then scared Nibiru away and now they must plan their next attack in the war. I'm going to laugh if it turns out Elenin isn't actually disintegrating and that it was just solar winds. Blossom Goodchild will once again have to come up with some crazy excuse as to why what she claimed before was wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by saige45

Well we already have at least Blossom Goodchild taking credit for its disintegration. So, it must have been destroyed by the aliens that were going to 100% show up in 2008, no exceptions, but then decided we didn't believe enough and didn't leave enough crystals outside so they didn't show up. This then scared Nibiru away and now they must plan their next attack in the war. I'm going to laugh if it turns out Elenin isn't actually disintegrating and that it was just solar winds. Blossom Goodchild will once again have to come up with some crazy excuse as to why what she claimed before was wrong.

I too will get a chuckle out of this.

Those conspiracy theorists, they back peddle better than many NFL cornerbacks.

-saige-

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by saige45

I'm going with option A....once the 'real end of the Mayan calendar' passes in Oct 2011, the new focus will be on Dec 21/12. Then it will be said that the Mayan calendar does end in Dec 2012.....

As for my true thoughts on what will happen....not sure...anything is possible and I may be hit by a bus tomorrow, or I may grow old and eventually die of natural causes at 90-100 years of age. All I can say (and I've said it before in other posts) if something is going to happen on a global scale, where can we go??? There is nothing that we can do to prevent a global event.

Love with all your heart, be kind, and don't have any regrets!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ScubaGirl

Quite right.

I said it in another post, and I'll repost here:

Agreed. People should not fear the unknown, but rather embrace it. Do I know what will happen in the next minute, hour, day, month, year, decade? Not at all. Do I know what will happen when I inevitably pass from this mortal existence. Again, no. I have no idea. All I can do now is live in the moments that I have. I, like anyone, have the things that I must do and things that I want to do. If I must do it, at least let me enjoy doing it. Life is about living. Living in fear of the inevitable does nothing but make life harder.

-saige-

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I still have to figure out which is odder:
1) Claims that sun dogs are second suns or new planets
2) Anything approaching straight at a pole can only be seen from the pole.

These are both really whimsical tall tales.

top topics

join