It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens episode "Aliens and Ancient Engineers" kicked *SS!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

Then explain how the ancients built the pyramids without the wheel and only copper and stone tools to an extreme degree of precision? Not to forget all the astronomical and mathematical significance which is associated with the pyramids including the significance of the exact speed of light incorporated to the design of the Great Pyramid to an astonishing degree of precision and accuracy.

I'm guessing its all just coincidence, right?

edit on 2-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Awww come on guys! You didn't think the golden wedge was a good representation of proof???

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i love the archeology presented in this show.

the camera work always show something i had never seen before.

as to the theorists, people will never agree on anything, so everyone has his own idea of what reality is and was.

a person should be abel to listen to a different viewpoint without reacting with hysteria.

if mankind was to leave Earth and the chipmunks were the new top specie, they would probably argue over who built rock walls all over New England.
if their evolution followed man.

people will always squabble about everything, what i call technical b@stards.

ancient civilizations were abel to create great wonders, however they were inspired.

thank you for the thread, nice to watch witout the commercials.
edit on 2-9-2011 by citizen6511 because: spell check errors

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Then explain how the ancients built the pyramids without the wheel and only copper and stone tools to an extreme degree of precision? Not to forget all the astronomical and mathematical significance which is associated with the pyramids including the significance of the exact speed of light incorporated to the design of the Great Pyramid to an astonishing degree of precision and accuracy.

What is all just coincidence? And what is this astonishing degree of precision regarding the speed of light and all the mathematical and astronomical significance you are referring to? and why is it only achievable by aliens? Are you suggesting our ancestors couldn’t observe the cosmos, make calculations then cut and stack blocks? and if you going to throw tenuous anecdotes about the dimensions of the pyramid, cubits and the moon this and the moon that then please show some hard calculations and how it could only be done by aliens.

Where is the empirical evidence that it was anything other than mankind?

I would like to know because although ancient man was far more savvy than he gets credit for and the ancient monuments are a wonder in themselves there is nothing there that cannot be done with ingenuity. This argument that they use on that show "We couldn't even do it today with our modern day equipment" is a fallacy, we couldn't do it today because we A - don’t have the patience or motivation and B there is no profit in it and C it would be a logistical nightmare to build the great pyramid. We cant even get the trains to run on time.

We live in different times now, our minds are probably wired differently and our social structure is organised differently, just because we cant explain their methods or motivation doesn't mean aliens did it.

Come on stop wasting you life with this, these guys are making a fool out of you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Well it goes without saying, if you think about who we were before "us" to agrue a point that we were not there to witness what was implied.. I was taken back on alot of "Concepts" to further my interest.. I know what I have seen. If that in itself an indication... well that's mine to address. Anyway. OP , I take your same insight! There will be those to take a position otherwise..Maybe they don't wish not to know, but take into account this, for those on the fence...What might change your way of thinking? Give it some thought, for those that don't see it more than a flat out opinion. If not.. so be it.

Precision guesswork... that comes into play sometimes.
Reality.. no wiggle room there.

Jesse

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ancient 'intelligent' men built the great pyramid that lasted some 20 odd years and took more than 100,000 workers
to preserve dead bodies.

The 3 pyramids aligned with the orion constellation for no apparent reason

Whats so intriguing about orion?

The Adam's bridge formed naturally because NASA told you so

Quote from this site

In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas. India's national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets." The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, "powered by winged lighting...it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions." There is a just a mass of fascinating information about flying machines, even fantastic science fiction weapons, that can be found in translations of the Vedas (scriptures), Indian epics, and other ancient Sanskrit text. There are no physical remains of ancient Indian aircraft technology but references to ancient flying machines are commonplace in the ancient Indian texts. Several popular ancient epics describe their use in warfare. Depending on one's point of view, either it contains some of the earliest known science fiction, or it records conflict between beings with weapons as powerful and advanced as anything used today. Above all we need to remember: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Even if WE did it without any alien interference, then theres obviously something wrong with the theory of evolution if we take into account that some of these impossible complex structures were built tens of thousands of years ago when most of the mainstream establishment believe that we are in the "stone age" and just "hunters".

Where did all that complex knowledge suddenly come from?

Either it was acquired naturally over a vast period of time which obviously questions the Theory of Evolution OR we were influenced by Ancient Aliens.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

JUST WOW...

I seriously believe the Elite our purposely hiding our true past. But why???

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
I support the Ancient Astronaut Theory as there are too many things matching like no other theory to be ignored. And we're talking about making logical connections here, not some 'belief', at least that's what I do. So way to go with the show but I can't spoil for myself every show on YouTube, will wait for it to come to History Europe as I didnt see the Secret Access UFO's to be aired anyway. This is actually History HD so yes.

I'm not sure who provided this data, but it's quite interesting:

-Mean Distance to the Sun: ] The height of the pyramid times 10**9 = avg. distance to sun. [5813.2355653 * 10**9 * (1 mi / 63291.58 PI) = 91,848,500 mi]

- Mean Distance to the Sun: ] Half of the length of the diagonal of the base times 10**6 = average distance to the sun

- Mean Distance to Sun: The height of the pyramid times 10**9 represents the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun, or Astronomical Unit. [ 5813.235565376 pyramid inches x 10**9 = 91,848,816.9 miles]

- Mean Distance to Moon: ] The length of the Jubilee passage times 7 times 10**7 is the mean distance to the moon. [215.973053 PI * 7 * 10**7 = 1.5118e10 PI = 238,865 miles ]

- Sun's Radius: Twice the perimeter of the bottom of the granite coffer times 10**8 is the sun's mean radius. [ 270.45378502 PI* 10**8 = 427,316 miles]

- Earth's Polar Radius: The sacred cubit times 10**7 = polar radius of the earth (distance from North Pole to earth's center) [25 PI * 10**7 * (1.001081 in / 1 PI) * (1 ft / 12 in) * (1 mi/ 5280 ft) = 3950 miles ]

Radius of the Earth: The curvature designed into the faces of the pyramid exactly matches the radius of the earth.

www.mt.net...

These data and many more, are embedded in the dimensions of Khufu pyramid. If they are accurate, they could only be acquired by satellites, computers and precision gears. Most of these ancient megalithic structures have these kind of data embedded in their measures.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

OK, so lets assume they had spaceships to get all this data. So the question is, Where are the spaceships? Why aren't there any actual remains of them if they existed?

Possible reasons could be:

- Earthquakes and floods may have displaced them and they were lost forever
- The Aliens left the planet
- The Aliens may have intentionally destroyed their spaceships
- The Aliens may have destroyed themselves (and their spaceships) in their own wars
- Our Government has actually found ancient spaceships and are secretly conducting experiments on them.

I'm guessing the Government already knows but won't tell the public.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Is this a new one?I thought they covered this in a previous episode?
....perhaps not!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Even if WE did it without any alien interference, then theres obviously something wrong with the theory of evolution if we take into account that some of these impossible complex structures were built tens of thousands of years ago when most of the mainstream establishment believe that we are in the "stone age" and just "hunters".

Where did all that complex knowledge suddenly come from?

Either it was acquired naturally over a vast period of time which obviously questions the Theory of Evolution OR we were influenced by Ancient Aliens.

No it questions our official history, maybe we have been reaching a certain level of tech and by natural disasters, repeating ice ages we get knocked back to the stone age and start all over again and why cant complex knowledge just appear? we went from swords, bows and arrows and within 300 years we have put a man on the moon (or at least have the capability too) we are poking at other dimensions with the LHC and we have weapons that can destroy whole cities and telescopes that can look back in time to the early universe. We could clone a human if we wanted to.

All this in 300 years? When your talking about the last 10-20 thousand years history would you not say all this technology we have had 'just appeared' in the last 300 years. Maybe our ancestors did advance further than we have maybe they did go off to explore the universe and find new worlds or jumped to another dimension, im open to all this but there is no evidence other than there have been multiple societies in history who did things in a way we don’t fully understand yet. But what I am not open to is these con men on that Disney channel making these wild unsubstantiated claims (Disney also told us lemmings jump off cliffs) They are there to make money and they are feeding off of ignorance. They all have books etc to sell. It makes for a fantastic science fiction story but they are not even honest enough to put the work into a decent story they have to stretch it all and lie and pass it off as fact when its no more that pseudo science and sensationalism.

Even if some things cant be explained does not mean aliens did it, if you guys really are into this then why don’t you try reading some science fiction there is some fantastic stuff out there that will blow you mind and take you to places the AA show could never dream off, Alistair Reynolds, P K Dick, Ian M Banks or even Asimov's foundation series

but watching this crap that lacks in substance...

come on people we are supposed to be denying ignorance not embracing it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

i've seen that gesture somewhere else....

memebase.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by Imtor
I support the Ancient Astronaut Theory as there are too many things matching like no other theory to be ignored. And we're talking about making logical connections here, not some 'belief', at least that's what I do. So way to go with the show but I can't spoil for myself every show on YouTube, will wait for it to come to History Europe as I didnt see the Secret Access UFO's to be aired anyway. This is actually History HD so yes.

I'm not sure who provided this data, but it's quite interesting:

-Mean Distance to the Sun: ] The height of the pyramid times 10**9 = avg. distance to sun. [5813.2355653 * 10**9 * (1 mi / 63291.58 PI) = 91,848,500 mi]

- Mean Distance to the Sun: ] Half of the length of the diagonal of the base times 10**6 = average distance to the sun

- Mean Distance to Sun: The height of the pyramid times 10**9 represents the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun, or Astronomical Unit. [ 5813.235565376 pyramid inches x 10**9 = 91,848,816.9 miles]

- Mean Distance to Moon: ] The length of the Jubilee passage times 7 times 10**7 is the mean distance to the moon. [215.973053 PI * 7 * 10**7 = 1.5118e10 PI = 238,865 miles ]

- Sun's Radius: Twice the perimeter of the bottom of the granite coffer times 10**8 is the sun's mean radius. [ 270.45378502 PI* 10**8 = 427,316 miles]

- Earth's Polar Radius: The sacred cubit times 10**7 = polar radius of the earth (distance from North Pole to earth's center) [25 PI * 10**7 * (1.001081 in / 1 PI) * (1 ft / 12 in) * (1 mi/ 5280 ft) = 3950 miles ]

Radius of the Earth: The curvature designed into the faces of the pyramid exactly matches the radius of the earth.

www.mt.net...

These data and many more, are embedded in the dimensions of Khufu pyramid. If they are accurate, they could only be acquired by satellites, computers and precision gears. Most of these ancient megalithic structures have these kind of data embedded in their measures.

So let me get this straight even if these 'facts' actually mean anything (and what i mean by that is I can take the distance to the sun/moon and divide it by my inside trouser length and come up with a figure at its mean distance) but lets say they are for now. Are you suggesting that our ancestors using only basic high school maths couldn’t calculate the distance to the sun etc without satellites and spaceships?

Because this site at Cornell university seems to think its not too difficult...

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

edit on 2-9-2011 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

No, not a coincidence.

By and large, it's just a lie, like your lie about the speed of light.

Harte

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
Ancient 'intelligent' men built the great pyramid that lasted some 20 odd years and took more than 100,000 workers
to preserve dead bodies.

The 3 pyramids aligned with the orion constellation for no apparent reason

Whats so intriguing about orion?

The Adam's bridge formed naturally because NASA told you so

Quote from this site

In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas. India's national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: "the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of "Two storied celestial chariots with many windows" "They roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets." The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, "powered by winged lighting...it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions." There is a just a mass of fascinating information about flying machines, even fantastic science fiction weapons, that can be found in translations of the Vedas (scriptures), Indian epics, and other ancient Sanskrit text. There are no physical remains of ancient Indian aircraft technology but references to ancient flying machines are commonplace in the ancient Indian texts. Several popular ancient epics describe their use in warfare. Depending on one's point of view, either it contains some of the earliest known science fiction, or it records conflict between beings with weapons as powerful and advanced as anything used today. Above all we need to remember: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

What your quote fails to point out is that in these same Vedas, the Hindus attribute the invention of the vimana to those "clever Greeks."

Harte

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

OK, so lets assume they had spaceships to get all this data. So the question is, Where are the spaceships? Why aren't there any actual remains of them if they existed?

Possible reasons could be:

- Earthquakes and floods may have displaced them and they were lost forever
- The Aliens left the planet
- The Aliens may have intentionally destroyed their spaceships
- The Aliens may have destroyed themselves (and their spaceships) in their own wars
- Our Government has actually found ancient spaceships and are secretly conducting experiments on them.

I'm guessing the Government already knows but won't tell the public.

No lets not assume they had spaceships to get the data, as I posted above lets assume they just used trig like everyone else was before we had satellites.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

See this is what my beef is with this show, these wow facts are bandied around like they are something special because people think we cant calculate PI or the area of a triangle without a satellite. These so called 'facts' about measurements etc are one of the basis for AA that is a lie and its feeding from peoples ignorance.

Someone built the pyramids, that someone knew trig, that someone MAYBY incorporated some of the figures into the dimensions. So what? is it too hard to accept that a smart civilisation who were keen astronomical observers wanted their device/machine/temple/tomb/artwork to be in harmony with the cosmos?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Cool story bro.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'll have to watch this tonight then - i had it PVR'd.

I'd almost lost hope on this series due to the massive speculation with absolutely nothing to back themselves up, other than "it was aliens" on just about every issue in history.

I'll give this episode a gander then, and won't decide to stop watching until I've seen it if they've gone back to the same series it was in season 1.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Tens of thousands of years? I think you're timeline is a bit out. Even the oldest estimates on the Pyramids say 12,000 BC.

However, I agree with your assessment that supposedly we went straight from living in caves to building massive monuments, all over the world, all out of the toughest materials available in the localities of those monuments, with seeming development of highly advanced architectual and engineering principles (in many cases, the same principles) all over the world within a few years.

It hardly seems credible that there was no outside interference in human development.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join