It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SA team rescue Gaddafis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
SA team rescue Gaddafis

Looks like Gaddafi hired some South African mercenaries to spirit away his family.

I for one am proud of my fellow countrymen for not allowing them to fall into the hands of these degenerate rebels, They most likely saved them from being raped and murdered.

I wonder if Gaddafi accompanied them or if he is still somewhere in Libya? Of course if he was with them the article wont mention it but it would make sense.

Visit the link for the whole article.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

I'm disgusted we, the people, are not doing more. In every country. This is our freedom that they are going to war with. An example of a country with the wealth given to the populace. Imagine the change once everyone realises the model worked. Even Syria asked for tips in the UN report in Jan.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

As a woman i totally agree with you, i dont think gadafi is a nice man though, but his family have not commited the crimes, and no woman or child deserves to be murdered in the world for someone elses actions, its also sad that in i nigeria gays and lesbians are being locked up for simply being born gay and lesbian, i think its so inhumane that the government are trying to criminalise homosexuality and in some countries the death penalty applies, when will people learn, when will people grow a heart,i do have best wishes for lybia and i am glad to see the countrie is being brought back into balance without american influence, i dont belelive the UN and NATO are helping at all, i think they are either playing war games or they have a secret agender, killing civilians and saying no we didnt when civilians are saying that they did kind of says well hey, if civilians are spotting nato/un planes bombing their villages it kind of tells a sick story. peace and love

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
To think, up to 1990 this is what South Africa had as a military. I started my two year service in 1990 and it was tough as hell, but in mid '91 it became a joke. I can only imagine what the guys from the 60's to late 80's had to endure.

Good to see some hard asses are still around.

Thank you for this article.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

I have some friends in the 6 SAI and when I told them I thought our military had become a joke he laughed and said that is because that is what they want you to believe. Apparently we are still at the forefront of weapon research and manufacturing, something I can believe as I dont think the apartheid era scientist who developed the nuclear weapons went anywhere.

Also, about a month ago we had the Americans training here. We cant have gone so backwards if the Americans come to us for training.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
SA team rescue Gaddafis

Looks like Gaddafi hired some South African mercenaries to spirit away his family.

I for one am proud of my fellow countrymen for not allowing them to fall into the hands of these degenerate rebels, They most likely saved them from being raped and murdered.

I wonder if Gaddafi accompanied them or if he is still somewhere in Libya? Of course if he was with them the article wont mention it but it would make sense.

Visit the link for the whole article.

If you are truly Libyan, please allow me to apologize for our *sshole President. I see you've been on ATS for a while, so hopefully you have seen that a great many Americans are opposed to what our government has done to yours. Please relay that message to any loved ones you have back in Libya, along with my prayers for their safety.

As far as Gadaffi goes, I hope he stages a counter-revolution just to stick it in TPTB's big All-seeing Eye.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this article. I'm glad our country did something to help, rather than get involved in the whole fiasco. As the other poster correctly stated, relatives do not share the crime, and even if Gaddafi is guilty, his family do not deserve to be attacked or threatened.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this, but at the moment I feel proud of what SA has done.
Reminds me that a country doesn't have to be big, or small, in order to take a stand and do what is right.
I hope that only good will come of this, and that there aren't any ulterior motives other than those of a truely humanitarian nature.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

There were more than 400 US Marines up in Grahamstown to train with South African soldiers and take part in a joint peace-support and humanitarian relief exercise, in July if i am correct. Grahamstown, where i did my service as well. Love that city! I truly wanna believe your friend, in a way i really do but there's no way i can put my trust in our military of today as i did 20+ years ago.

But, i agree on all what you said otherwise. Weapon research is still on...

*I will say.. i trust that my family's lives will be safe, if they're in hands of these "old school" trained South African military*

edit on 9/2/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

You know Iwonder what the truth is, I always believed that the rebel uprising was a NATO sponsored event, however my father traveled to Libya in the early 90`s and says that even back then the Libyan people hated Gaddafi and he had to resort to some extreme measures not to be assasinated.

I also dont know how well their economic system worked, my father said the place was dirty and that the libyans didnt want to work and had to import their whole workforce because, as stated by him, why would someone become an engineer or doctor or lawyer if they get paid the same as a street sweeper.

We will never know i guess.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I couldn't agree more, Ghaddafi was a bugger to some but regardless for David cameron and Nicolaus Sarkosy to start bombing another sovereign nation, killing hundreds of innocents to justify stepping and the subsequent onslaught is disgusting and below human thinking,

I as a Sovereign of the United Kingdom, give no consent to these blatant war crimes! I can't watch/read the MSM as it it in over drive on propaganda in an attempt to justify the different states (NATO) actions,

I'm so sorry, and very angry that the poor Libyan's are suffering immensely! but also because they may think the average UK person agree's with this corrupt insidious policy,

God bless all the Libyan people, humanity is with you and karma will catch up with those doing devils dirty work.

PEACE n Love x x

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

I am also glad that we are not supporting NATO in their unlawful wars, here is another article about SA boycotting the meeting in Paris.

www.timeslive.co.za...

South Africa disagrees with Nato's military intervention in Libya and will take no part in today's conference in Paris dedicated to rebuilding the war-torn country, says President Jacob Zuma.

Well I think he is an idiot but at least he is getting this right.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86

As a woman i totally agree with you, i dont think gadafi is a nice man though, but his family have not commited the crimes, and no woman or child deserves to be murdered in the world for someone elses actions, its also sad that in i nigeria gays and lesbians are being locked up for simply being born gay and lesbian, i think its so inhumane that the government are trying to criminalise homosexuality and in some countries the death penalty applies, when will people learn, when will people grow a heart,i do have best wishes for lybia and i am glad to see the countrie is being brought back into balance without american influence, i dont belelive the UN and NATO are helping at all, i think they are either playing war games or they have a secret agender, killing civilians and saying no we didnt when civilians are saying that they did kind of says well hey, if civilians are spotting nato/un planes bombing their villages it kind of tells a sick story. peace and love

for a evil man he sure love his family. you know what i mean?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You say it so well

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

Originally posted by Tahnya86

for a evil man he sure love his family. you know what i mean?

agreed an evil person wouldnt think nor care for his family first.

top topics

join