It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're right. We don't "NEED to know".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
For many years I've been more of a lurker than author here on ATS, just recently I've noticed more hostility in threads of fellow users, patriots, and die hard theorists expressing an almost unnecessary amount of frustration and anger over the real true blue above top secret topics which the average citizen (self included) have no business delving into.

Now before all you conspiracy nuts call me a disinfo agent, please hear me out.

I am equally as curious as the next person when it comes to underground bases, ET's, top secret facilities & programs (HAARP, REX-84, etc). However, what eases me curiosity and certain paranoia is considering the sensitivity of the information and why it is being held within.

America is not perfect and unlike any other developed country it certainly has its flaws and obvious corruption, however I can say in all honesty there is no other country I would rather live in. Take for instance you are the president of your own country, you have made contact with ET's and have been gifted technology that perhaps one (or none) other countries have in the world. Would you offer disclosure?

If I knew that my country could face invasion or attack at the drop of a hat with or without prior knowledge, you can bet I would want myself and only my top men knowing the locations of my underground bases, ability of our military, and abilities of our technology at disposal.

I'm not saying that somewhere in the black book there isn't an active conspiracy our own government has against its own people, what I'm saying is many of the secrets our government withholds are kept secretive to save our own asses. We all have our own ideas and thoughts as to what our government is capable of. I know first hand of technology currently in use by the one particular branch of the US Army that I openly admit scares the daylights out of me, I couldn't tell you in a thousand years how it works, but that's part of the secret.. If we knew how it worked, guess who else would know? Iran, N. Korea, every terrorist in the middle east, etc.

I have and always will be a devoted ATS member for life, but I do hope some of you can think about what's at stake. I'm sure a lot of theories posted here have been right, or at least pretty darn close to letting one major cat out of the bag, what worries me is this information falling into the wrong hands if it indeed proves to be true.

We know underground bases exist, why do we need exact locations and blueprints? Same with advances in weaponry, stealth, mind control, psy-ops.. Need I go on?

We are in a time where tensions are growing exceedingly high in all areas of the world right now, and it helps me sleep better at night knowing that my country is prepared for whatever it may be faced to endure when hell breaks loose.

This brings to mind the controversy that exploded after the UFO enthusiast got his 15 minutes of fame with Rumsfeld. His name escapes me (anyone?), but do you remember Rumsfeld's quote when the gentlemen told him that through his hears of agonizing UFO-ET research he felt like he needed to know? Simply put - Rumsfeld:"YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW".

You can take this any way you choose. This is just my two cents...

Please no trolling, try to stay on topic and keep the flames to a minimum,
I honestly want to know why anyone would disagree.

~ NWD

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Because as the old saying goes... Knowledge is power my friend. Knowledge is how the human races learns and grows. When people begin to keep the most powerful knowledge to themselves and stopping others from attempting to discover that knowledge we get a world like we live in today. A few elite wrong in their belief they are more deserving.

-Lightrule

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Dear NewWorldDisorder
I think the point here is that people feel especially if they are the TAX payer that are paying for this they want to know.

I it is all very well for the elite to want to save humanity, all well and good but if you are not going to be one of the ones saved it tends too piss you off.

If half of what we read it true they the elite are destroying the planet while keeping the secret, hell never mind half what about 10%.
The secret is because of greed therefore lets spread it around.
Here is my similar thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Those who control most of the means of production and energy want to keep it that way. Welcome to human consciousness in this fourth world. They wouldn't think twice about murdering you and your family and I am not being overly dramatic when I say this. It is in their interests to keep the masses dumbed down, asleep and consuming. Soon the masses are going to have a carbon trading world imposed on them because the resources are running out. However the power that the elite have access to with their so called "black projects" is infinite - and STILL they cannot have enough. It is our duty to resist and expose them all. Look at the work Dr Steven Greer has done for 15 yrs with the Disclosure Project. Root the lot out I say and free us from their tyranny and greed. Thankfully or Mother the Earth is soon to do this so their time is short and all their technological wizardry will be as nothing in the new world - it will not be needed....

www.dancingawakethefifthworld.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
And why can 'they' deside what we 'need' to know or not? How do WE know that 'they' are right and we indeed don't need to know?

'They' don't WANT us to know, it's a very big difference. I think we are intitled to know what is going on in our country/world. Every secret will come out eventually, what not be an open book!

Maybe he is right tho, we don't NEED to know, but we WANT to know?!? Ever thought about the things we really NEED? And the things we WANT?

- Do we NEED a car, or do we WANT a car?
- Do we NEED cloths, or do we WANT cloths?
- Do we NEED to explore the universe, or do we WANT to explore the universe?

I can make a whole list tho, but people get the point right? Eventho 'they' might be right we don't NEED to know. I believe it's not up to 'them' to deside what we NEED to know.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
To make the most of my life I need to know where I stand and where I fit in. I don't need to be chasing my tail with lies and diversions, I can waste my time well enough all by myself.

And what if this falls into the so called 'wrong hands', good. Hopefully they can put enough pressure on to sort out some of these seriously dumb and inhumane problems going on. Seriously, the only threat the USA has is if it decides to take on the world, with all these war crimes building up it does look like the agenda.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It depends IMHO. Anyone who takes an absolutist position on the issue needs to think harder.

Some secrets are genuinely valid and should be kept. What if you invented a machine that delivered free power and was easy and cheap to make. Surely that should be released ! But wait, what if the same machine could easily be tweaked into a weapon with the power to rend the planet in half. Should that be released? I'd say no. We'd be extinct in a matter of months.

Other secrets are not valid. Secrecy can be applied as a cover for unethical conduct, incompetence and/or corruption. When it is it breeds more of the same until the whole organisation is rotten.

We depend both on systems to retain secrets and on the integrity of the people involved to have intelligence/moral courage along with a free press. Its this combination that allows genuine whistleblowers to out secrets being kept for the wrong reasons and prevents corruption for rotting our institutions.

If you get it wrong in one direction you could have loss of life, wrong in the other its loss of liberty.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

They're right. We don't "NEED to know"

Damn fine bit of writing. I wish I could do more than applaud it with a S&F.

You know, we aren't the sharpest blades in the shed. Collectively, that is... as a species. We have ten times more arrogance than we have goods. We're just not nearly as smart as we like to think we are... collectively, of course.

For just a moment, let's imagine that aliens are visiting and they have been for countless millennia. They have longer life spans than we do... not that hard to fathom. Hell, even some species of birds and turtles can outlast the human animal.

Next, let's assume that they have been waiting for that singular moment when they would be able to swoop down upon the billions of inhabitants of this planet and claim us as their own. All they would really have to do is to say that they milked us off another species (like apes?), adjusting DNA to create the somewhat smarter critter that we are... or at least, try to be.

In a nutshell, they invented us in a test tube.

But... there is a line that absolutely must be crossed before they can or will openly return. That tripwire is global awareness of their presence. Not theory, not suspicion mind you... but our knowing that 'THEY' exist and are here.

Kind of like the old Star Trek Prime Directive thing. They can't intervene until we're smart enough to be taken advantage of, lol!

So, this all comes around full circle because if our governments somehow know about the tripwire and that if the population springs it; that we're all doomed to be a third rate species for some alien genome lab, they might do everything and anything to keep that knowledge from us.

Yeah, we might hate them for it but... in this scenario, ignorance is indeed what keeps us free.

Just something I peck over from time to time. Anything is possible...

Great OP!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
People who believe garbage like that are the reason our world is so messed up. We pay taxes and incur debt as a nation without having the slightest clue why and then someone from the tea party comes along and says "cut social security" to save money

YES I DO HAVE THE NEED TO KNOW otherwise make me a free person on the land and the hell with society. I am absolutely sick and tired of participating on this rotten planet with my hard earned money. I would tell you to go **** yourself if not of the fear of getting banned!

new topics

top topics

join