It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I alone? Are there others out there like me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
First and foremost, I want to know if I'm alone? 

When I am getting sick, overly tired, injured, etc... During the transitional period between awake and sleep, sometimes before my eyes even shut, I start to moan. 

I'm not talking a little whimper, i've turned heads on an entire train car several times before realizing I even dozed off. 

My girlfriend and I laugh at it, she finds it cute and funny. My softer rhythmic moaning actually helps her to fall asleep. 

But secondly, WHY? 

Why did I start doing this? What causes it? 

My theory... 

I've deduced that much like when a person converts to zombie state; they attempt to speak, but the brain no longer properly forms words so we hear groaning. I think that when I am "crossing over", so to speak, I attempt to verbalize in this world what I'm experiencing in the other and it comes across as garble moan garble moan! 

I'd very much like to be studied in this regard. So very curious, not even interested in stopping it like those who suffer from similar conditions. I embrace it, I just want to know more!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Well... seems that I'm in your wagon...moaning,
but sometimes full sentences of a conversation I'm not having with my wife,
but other person not in this time and earth....
My wife is so kind (an so brave) as to try to continue the conversation an Extract information (80% of the time, valid data, some kind of alternative Time Line) I won't post openly details of Lifes and places!!! But by U2U or other method it's O.K.
Now you won't walk alone....

P.S: Sorry my broken english I'm utterly tired...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
you are alone in your kinky ways my friend. indeed you are alone

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You might consider a certified hypnotherapist. And you might be surprised at the results.

Ditto Verita711.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It'll pass. I did that when I was about 13 for about 6 months. My mum would have to come wake me up to make me stop it. One night I woke myself up by doing it, that's when I realised how loud it actually was. I sounded like a swarm of a million bees. It was a loud, deep, moaning drone of a noise. Embarrassing,

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Well, I'm 40. I'm just not sure I want it to dissapear. It's different. Just like having one life more to live by night.
No, no, maybe I expressed bad , I sometimes, weeped like a 5 yr boy in pain , but it`s what we must see as the transition.II'm a Tao buddhist, it all began after the ceremony of the Third Eye opening, 11 years before.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Why?
Second.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by verita711
reply to post by Klassified

Why?
Second.....

A good hypnotherapist can help you find the root of the problem/behavior, whether or not you want to change it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

my 6 month old daughter does it... she moans until she falls asleep, and she also does it randomly throughout the night... i know, she is 6 months old and that is fairly normal...
but you are not alone... i often make smacking noises according to my fiance, and i sometimes jerk when taking a breath... yeah, maybe i need to go see a doctor... but i don't wake up out of breath, although i used to have something like oobe's when i was younger, and they were always accompanied by shortness of breath and weight on my chest...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by verita711

I'm interested in this altered timeline theory as I have reached that as an option once myself. Dimension, timeline, date of mind... Something along those limes. I have encouraged my girlfriend to experiment with this, but generally it's during the best part of a movie or right when she's falling asleep, so instead I receive a gentle nudge. Lol

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I want to explore it and understand it before it goes away! It used to be embarrassing, but now I embrace it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I finished reading your starting thread... I cannot believe that you been here three years asking for similar experienced people... I'm almost Identical on getting information (People and abstract Things, Animals), my wife says I got my personal Google thought connection....

Dou you have a friend, ex-wife, whatever.. called Skyler....??

Prone to be on car wrecks with no harm? Or a Friend of a Son or Daughter?????
edit on 2-9-2011 by verita711 because: Flash Traffic

edit on 2-9-2011 by verita711 because: word missing

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was with you up until zombie then you lost me.
that kinda killed it for me

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think he refers to be on the fringe of dreaming state, dozed, tired as to pass out.... isn't?

new topics

top topics

join