It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing, Japanese Tsunami video recovered. Filmed from car.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This video was recovered after the Japanese Tsunami. It shows the earthquake and tsunami in progress, gave me chills.
This video is sad. I mean it's disturbing how fast it happened. I hate to think there might've been kids in that car.

www.wimp.com...

No word on what happened to the occupants. (Make your own decisions. )
edit on 2-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
This video was recovered after the Japanese Tsunami. It shows the earthquake and tsunami in progress, gave me chills.
This video is sad. I mean it's disturbing how fast it happened. I hate to think there might've been kids in that car.

www.wimp.com...

No word on what happened to the occupants. (Make your own decisions. )
edit on 2-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

It really really makes you think about how fast your life on this planet can be taken away. I mean this could be anyone on their way to work, or school. They woke up and maybe they didn't get to kiss a loved one goodbye, maybe they did, either way no one prepares for this to happen.

I would be scared and wishing I got to hold that special someone for the last time.

Seeing this definitely makes me think we need to be kind and loving to everyone in our lives. In today's world we are always moving so fast and looking out for ourselves never thinking that any and every action could be the last. This video really makes you stop and think about that.

S+F

-Lightrule

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Wow, what a terrifying video, it seems to just come out of nowhere....scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Heartisblack

Wow, what a terrifying video, it seems to just come out of nowhere....scary stuff.

Took the words right from me, Sir.. That really did happed way too fast..

My heart still goes out to you, Japan.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Looked like a fun ride till the end..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
OMG so scary and that poor guy who got out of his car

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
In or out the car the people died. Scary vid

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Oh my gawd, that is so scary! And those vehicles were floating by so fast too. I hope they managed to survive that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Very scary how quickly that happened. another reminder that all we can with our tech is nothing compared to the power of mother nature.

I am in ChCh, New Zealand, and over the last year we have had a 7.1, 2 x 6.3s, multiple 5.x magnitude range quakes and thousands of lower magnitude quakes (total of 7477 as of this morning).
I would hate to go through a 9 magnitude range quake and following tsunami

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Bloody nora! I didn't expect the end, gave the entire thing a sort of blair witch feel.

It is odd how it stops right there, might just be an edit for impact by the station.

S&F

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
i was told the reason Jap cars float,

is because of the laws banning OLD cars...

like almost every car in Japan is near new,,,

so all the seals are perfect, and keep the water out,

so they float...til the seal is "broken", ie window smashed...etc

seeya

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

all cars float, even busses, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Slow reaction time. Once you see cars floating by in a nearby intersection, you should just know you need to floor it NOW.

RIP though...
edit on 2-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

Also another thing I've spotted is just so obvious that I'm not even gonna say anything about the guy in the car.

THE LORRY WITH THE LADDER ON THE BACK. CLIMB IT AND GET ON TOP! ARRRGHH!
edit on 2-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Very chilling. This a video is to real, It will stay in my mind for a long time.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That is one freaky video. It's a pity though.

As much as I despise, doesn't it make you wonder, how the the occupants, perhaps ignored the fact that there was bound to be a tsunami arriving any time after the earthquake.

They at least could have found a nearest tall building or higher ground to have ride out the tsunami...

Although unfortunate as it was, this is some lesson to learn here, your safety and of others should be your paramount concern in such circumstances. There is nothing valuable as life.

My heart felt sympathy. Inner Peace

edit on 2-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
this is kinda old ive already seen it

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brogue
Very scary how quickly that happened. another reminder that all we can with our tech is nothing compared to the power of mother nature.

I am in ChCh, New Zealand, and over the last year we have had a 7.1, 2 x 6.3s, multiple 5.x magnitude range quakes and thousands of lower magnitude quakes (total of 7477 as of this morning).
I would hate to go through a 9 magnitude range quake and following tsunami

The earthquake that was recorded right before the tsunami hit was not the earthquake that made tunami.... There was an stronger earthquake 10min prior to hit(which is not recorded on this video.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Water is definitely one of, if no THE strongest force on the planet

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I would be so scared and full of pure panic i cant even imagine being trapped in a car like this its just terrifying it reminded me of bumper cars in water ..I doubt very many lived trapped in there cars like this ..My heart felt sympathy to Japan and the people this video made me cry..Peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

no not ALL cars float, especially buses...

they must be (near ) water tight to completely float,

what we usually see in floods
are cars that have half sunk,
(+ have enough air trapped inside compared to the total weight of the vehicle, to allow
one end of the car to "bob" along...

IMHO,

seeya

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join