It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domino's Pizza Moon Plan is All Topping, No Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So i was reading the dutch news site and i came across this! LOL Domino pizza going to put a pizza place on the moon or at least plans to. I did a search for a English website with this news. Because the crappy google translate really messes up the translations!

Enjoy the read

I'm all for promoting space science in any way possible, particularly if it can grab headlines. But blatant publicity stunts with little substance? Not so much.

Enter Domino's, the pizza company with "cosmic" aspirations.

The Japanese arm of the company has announced today that it wants to build the first pizzeria on the lunar surface: Domino's Moon Branch.

"We started thinking about this project last year, although we have not yet determined when the restaurant might open," Tomohide Matsunaga, a spokesman for Domino's, told the UK's The Daily Telegraph.

Source (news.Discovery.com)

P.S. I did a search and nothing came up so, here it is

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

S&F just for the headline alone

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

S&F just for the headline alone

Thanks! appreciate it.

Can't see the use for a Domino's on the moon tho, aren't they telling us 'nobody' is on the moon and we 'haven't' been back? LOL.

To all, thanks for the S&F's guys/girls!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
perhaps the aliens were tired of having to come so far in to get the 5 dollar special, what with being constantly photographed and all. As good capitalists its only right to explore this entirely untapped market

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Dominoes on the Moon. So that's why they did away with the 30 minutes or it's free policy.

( believe it or not a Dominoes girl actually swore up and down to me they never had such a policy but I have been ordering Pizzas since the 80's.. I know)

" Yeah it's from The Moon but it's still Made in Japan..."

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
They must be in it for the FREE CHEESE!.
edit on 9/2/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

And today's price of your pineapple, double ham will be;

Thank you, enjoy.

Most of that cost is the fuel surcharge for shipping the ingredients from earth. Haha.

Hot? They can do it!
Fresh? Ennnh... Not so much.

-Lightrule

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

A Domino's on the moon? What next?

Brilliant thread title though

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well if they do that then they better put a store selling Mtn Dew and pizza pockets. Oh and gotta have some damn good wifi as well

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So if they run late do you get it free?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply guys! Yeah it doesn't make any sence, unless they are there specially for the workers on ISS
LOL.

I just thought it was a cool story to share

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Oh my days that is so random.

"we do not know when the store will open" - errrrm... perhaps in a few million years if the moon was to be terraformed.

One hell of a publicity stunt though.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
"Yes, that'll be a hundred and twenty five Deluxe, large,

Forty five medium Veggies,

Three hundred and fifty Breadsticks,

A hundred and seventy five side orders of BBQ Wings,

Three hundred Cokes,

Fifty Diets

And eighty Sprites...

oh...and please...could you make that fast, we're being hailed to rush out to the Mutara Nebula...Thanks."

Lt Uhura, Starship Enterprise

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65acf81dd9de.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just like Fight Club said: When cosmic exploration ramps up, it'll be the corporations doing it and naming everything.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Those Japs, they have the wackiest ideas

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is very important. After all, we do not know how gravity influences viscosity and spreading characteristics of Mozarella. Domino's will be pioneering the industry with the info they will obtain. Not to mention the marketing data on eating preferences of Moon aliens/astronauts.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I made the --mistake-- of throwing some money away on their 'food product', and it was so sickening god-awfull, that I hope they go to the moon and stay there all alone. Maybe work on figuring out how to make decent food there. Then they can return here from their --quarantine-- .

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If ANYONE eats that crap, they get what they deserve.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I saw this yesterday and laughed my butt off!

My friend called me today to tell me about it cause she said she knew I'd be the only person to appreciate it lol

We laughed for a while....Who are their customers?! LOL

This made me laugh yesterday a few times.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It is a little known fact that both the Arcturions and the Greys crave pizza. The demeaning youtube videos of their late night pizza runs are an embarrassment both to the Federation and Terrestrial Governments. This agreement has gotten us back on the moon and returned the semblance of control of our skies to us. Thank You Domino's Well Done

top topics

<<   2 >>

join