It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals that will survive us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here are a few animals I at least think will be able to survive us and our environmental damage, they are extremely hardy and most of them have survived multiple mass extinctions before, so assuming we create one here's my thought on some survivors
1. Crocodiles, they are good survivors, when anything gets bad they are able to borrow underground

: a crocodile can live without anything for about 2 years? Its because a crocodile can slower their metabolism at an extreme rate. So, they don't need to eat frequently. In winter usually they doesn't eat anything because they gets half asleep at that time.

so they can just wait it out, that's how they survived previous extinctions, that's what we can expect here
2. Jellyfish. they are quite well off here, we are killing their predators, and creating ideal conditions for them by creating deadzones through nutrient runoff, where they can survive unharmed www.jellyfishart.com...
3. Sharks, they have been able to successfully survive every extinction event they have faced, from the Permian extinction that killed 95% of all life right until the ice age, global warming, global cooling, food chain collapse, tsunamis, super volcanos, acid rains , new species, this gives them a large edge in surviving. But that's not all, there are almost no chances of this happening but they could get even bigger, if whales and dolphins go extinct ( which may or may not happen) they will loose all competition and could start getting bigger, with the eaters warming due to global warming they can do even better as they continue moving north (tropical ones anyways) several scientists now think that megalodon died put because the waters became colder( this concept of a size increase is of corse just an idea)
Here are just three, I'll post more later as there are so many, I'm not including insects because large amounts of them will probably survive

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Don't forget cockroaches, they never go away. Maybe they will take over when we mammals wipe ourselves out.

lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I was not including insects because, their survivial is almost definate

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

My guess would have to be rats.
Or maybe Fleas.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Rats are also adaptable so they'll probably survive, they just have to burrow to hide from us, and not eat the poison we leave out
edit on 1-9-2011 by connorromanow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Yeah, that is why I picked them, because they are good at making nest in the ground and other things.

top topics

join