It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE OIL SLICK now forming near Deepwater Horizon site!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by gandamack2

True....but sometimes it's what you don't see....there is suspicion that there is still corexit being used at the wellhead to prevent it from being seen....and frankly, that is more worrisome than the oil itself. I am from the Louisiana gulf coast, and I still don't go in the water. The area around the well head is damaged beyond repair (the seabed)....I have tons of video showing it here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am pretty sure something could be done if they really cared. At the very least they could stop using CorExit which is WAY WORSE than any crude oil. Its all a public relations scam which should be outraging each and every person.

Wasted oil, toxic Corexit, lies by the media and government, dead fish and birds, loss of income for the locals, polluted clouds and rain, possible destabilisation of the entire area causing new fault lines or major earthquakes around known areas, etc.

Damm if I was president ALL HELL WOULD BE BREAKING LOOSE ABOUT THIS! Simply standing on the sidelines and praying will not solve anything. To make matters worse they continue to issue offshore drilling permits as though they learned nothing at all about the hidden dangers of drilling for abiotic oil in deep waters.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why have I not seen any news coverage about this?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Listen up! My Brother lives across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, on the West coast of Florida!
The Gulf of Mexico is DEAD! It has NOT been cleaned up by B.P. nor will it EVER be safe to eat the seafood from
there ever again! It is all lies and kickbacks! What will they ruin next? All of Alaska? The entire Atlantic?
There is radiation in the Pacific from Japan! The entire Earth is being poisoned for the sake of the almighty dollar!
THIS is why our World will fail! God The Father has had enough! It is all in Revelation! Word for Word!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmcmailman

Listen up! My Brother lives across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, on the West coast of Florida!
The Gulf of Mexico is DEAD! It has NOT been cleaned up by B.P. nor will it EVER be safe to eat the seafood from
there ever again! It is all lies and kickbacks! What will they ruin next? All of Alaska? The entire Atlantic?

Hmm, well I've been driving along the Gulf of Mexico every now and again, from Panacea to Apalachicola, and I see LOTS of bird life, which are eating the fish, and seemingly doing just fine. Locals are eating the seafood, and I haven't seen nor heard of anyone getting sick from it. So where exactly on the west coast of Florida is the Gulf of Mexico actually DEAD?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We've been trying to tell people about the BP lies!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already, but it's an update of sorts. Dated 26th, August, 2011.

Scientific analysis has confirmed that oil bubbling up above BP’s sealed Deepwater Horizon well in recent days is a chemical match for the hundreds of millions of gallons of oil that spewed into the Gulf last summer. The Press-Register collected samples of the oil about a mile from the well site on Tuesday and provided them to Ed Overton and Scott Miles, chemists with Louisiana State University. The pair did much of the chemical work used by federal officials to fingerprint the BP oil, known as MC252. “After examining the data, I think it’s a dead ringer for the MC252 oil, as good a match as I’ve seen,” Overton wrote in an email to the newspaper. “My guess is that it is probably coming from the broken riser pipe or sunken platform. ... However, it should be confirmed, just to make sure there is no leak from the plugged well.” In an emailed statement, BP officials wrote that the company had a vessel stationed at the site all day Thursday but never saw any oil. During BP’s inspection, the wind was blowing up to 10 mph, and waves were up to 2 feet high. Scientists said that even a light chop would likely have obscured the small sheens emerging every few seconds.

By contrast, the wind was still and seas were flat and glassy Tuesday when the newspaper located the oil. “There is still no evidence that the oil came from the Macondo well,” BP officials wrote in the emailed statement. Late Thursday night, BP officials sent word that an ROV survey of the well found no leaks. It took several hours for the Press-Register to locate the small area where oil was bubbling to the surface. Scientists said the location where oil emerged would change continually, depending on water currents. In response to a Press-Register story about the find, the U.S. Coast Guard sent a helicopter and a boat to the well site Thursday but failed to find any oil, according to Capt. Jonathon Burton, who oversees operations in that portion of the Gulf. “If it is a natural seepage, or a burp out of the wreckage down below, that would explain why we had something two days ago and not today,” Burton said. He said knowing that the oil matches with the BP well was useful, as it ruled out the possibility of other sources, such as the pipelines that crisscross the Gulf floor. “The good news is it looks as if we’ve ruled out any significant source,” Burton said, referring to the apparently small amount of oil hitting the surface. “We certainly need to see if we can pinpoint the cause. We’re going to work that way.”

Burton speculated that wind and sea conditions might have played a role in hiding the oil during the Coast Guard inspections. “The next time we’ve got a nice flat calm day, we’re coordinating to get something out there to see what might be coming up at that point,” Burton said. Bonny Shumaker, a pilot with On Wings of Care, along with members of the Gulf Restoration Network, first observed the oil sheens from the air on Friday and reported the location as the Macondo well site. During the newspaper’s Tuesday trip, the area where oil sheens could be seen blooming on the surface regularly was about an acre in size. The oil was the heaviest about a mile from the well. Robert Bea, a prominent University of California petroleum engineer studying the BP spill, was not surprised that oil was seen away from the well head. Bea said he believed there was a high probability that the oil originated from the BP well. “Looks suspicious. The point of surfacing about one mile from the well is about the point that the oil should show up, given the seafloor at 5,000 feet ... natural circulation currents would cause the drift,” Bea said. “A remote operated vehicle (ROV) could be used to ‘back track’ the oil that is rising to the surface to determine the source. This should be a first order of business to confirm the source.”

Bea provided drawings to the newspaper that illustrated how oil might be able to rise up from thousands of feet underground along the outside of the sealed well pipe. “Perhaps connections that developed between the well annulus (outside the casing), the reservoir sands about 17,000 feet below the seafloor and the natural seep fault features” could provide a pathway for oil to move from deep underground to the seafloor. Philip Johnson, author of the Standard Handbook of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering and a professor at the University of Alabama, suggested that trapped oil might be escaping from the wreckage of the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig, which is still sitting on the seafloor. Other possibilities, he said, included heavy oil deposited on the seafloor slowly being degraded by bacteria and releasing lighter components, a natural seep, or, in a worst case scenario, a leak in the 5,000 foot long cement plug used to seal the well.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmcmailman

There is radiation in the Pacific from Japan! The entire Earth is being poisoned for the sake of the almighty dollar!
THIS is why our World will fail! God The Father has had enough! It is all in Revelation! Word for Word!

I live in Lousiana. Been out in the Gulf several times in the last few months. There are tons of birds out there. I've seen multiple pods of dolphins and caught plenty trout and redfish in the marshes. Crabbing and shrimping has picked up as well. Even oyster production is making a comeback, albeit a slow one.

I have no doubt that BP is lying and they are definitely in the process of trying to get out of paying the people whose lives they ruined. I also think at least some entities in the federal government are complicit. I would not be surprised if there was still some leaking and that there is an attempted coverup. However, I have yet to see any compelling real life evidence that this is occurring. What youtube "activists" show in their videos is typically either misunderstood normal happenings or blatant lying and fearmongering. At the very best, it is just misguided exaggeration.

I'm all about folks being concerned about the Gulf. They should be, but baseless fearmongering and massive ignorance, such as the above post, are not helping anyone. Especially not the human victims of BP.

Please take heed of ATS' motto and deny ignorance.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think this woman's statement says it all about what is coming to GOM soon. They won't even care about it, they'll just say it's ''natural oil seepage on the sea floor, none of our business.''

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What's the status on this "massive" oil slick?

I know there are watchdog environmental groups with boats and airplanes, so if this had been a real threat word would have gotten out by now.

I tell every person who is still an Obama fan about the White House order to cease using Corexit weeks into the disaster, and that BP just kept right on using it.

It's all the proof you should need to tell you that Barry is just another corporate pawn feathering his own nest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join