It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE OIL SLICK now forming near Deepwater Horizon site!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The sheer amount of oil released and sunk by dispersant is mind boggling and will no doubt resurface for many years to come, forming these slicks and continuing to inundate the gulf and shoreline with both oil and dispersant mixed together. A more pervasive, sticky and toxic ooze could not have been dreamt of by Pandora herself.

Its a real shame too cause we needed that oil to burn in our internal combustion engines to get us to work to produce more goods that we need to use our paychecks to drive around and buy. On the one hand we are mad at the company who screwed up this delicate drilling operation so deep, but they were only risking drilling at that depth to fill the insatiable need we all have for that very same oil.

As long as we line up to fill our tanks ( me too ), then I don't see any way to prevent disasters like this from happening in the future. One ocean down, six more to go..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

never is a bit hars
acording to what i heard it would be more like ten to fifteen years
so i guess were all clear

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A local guy was one of the original 11 killed....he called home the night before and told his wife that "something was bad wrong"...she cant talk about it now because of the lawsuit...she told that story once to the paper then shut up quick...but she has a small child...I think she will speak again once the court rules....that was a bad luck hole from the start...and it will never go away...thats what will eventually kill The Gulf

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
BS

yeah if you had any idea how this accident happened there is no way someone could call home and say "something bad is gonna happen"

The biggest issue was Halliburtons #ty cement job or the mud loggers not paying attention to the wells vital signs....which there is a lawsuit between Halliburton and BP over. There was no "oh hey something looks bad" for days before... Get a grip man.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Like fukishima, the BP oil leak could have been prevented with some common sense. Mistakes happen when you try to save money and time. From what I recall BP was months behind schedule and was trying to catch up by taking all kinds of short cuts such as using one BOP instead of two.

Then the disaster happens and they have very little experience in dealing with something like that, especially since its in deep water. Why did the government allow permits to be issued to BP who has a history of mess-ups? I mean its risky enough for a sound company but BP? Then they removed the temporary ban so companies can drill again.

The government itself has no experience in dealing with such monsterous oil leaks and neither do they care enough to attempt ANY rescue plan other than sending coast guard vessels to patrol the gulf and collect some oil from the surface.

To make matters worse they allowed BP to use CorExit dissperssants which is more toxic then the oil itself. They might as well left all the oil to collect on the sea surface and light it ablaze OR better yet hire ships to collect the oil and sell it to processing plants so it does not go wasted and they clean the water at the same time.

I guess when corporations are too big to fail and they pay for the phoney election process every four years, they can do as they please in a way which is the least painful for their stockholders with little regard for the enviroment and the people and businesses that relly on the GOM for their livelihood.

Dispersing the oil is probably a bad idea but they did that to maintain their "respectable" public image and to take pressure off the american government. I guess the american government would have to sell more treasury bonds to do a real clean-up and the debt is already too high.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Keeping on topic, could someone avatarize this for me.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

At this point do we really trust Obama to stand up to BP?

He told them to stop using Corexit and they just ignored him.

Obama does not have his hands on the wheel, there are other forces acting to steer this nation.
edit on 5-9-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Here you go.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Here you go.

Thank you.

Now I just need to get it to upload.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Just drop this link into the avatar field under tools.

http: //files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5d30cb8e39e.jpg

Delete the space I inserted between the ":" and "//" first.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I hope this hasn't been posted, but I didn't have time to check...seen this one?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And then this...a friend sent to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/566c30bf4759.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is something to read as well....
www.stuarthsmith.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We vacationed at Perdido Bay last week...swam in Perdidio Bay...never saw any oil...most of that is waaay West and Perdido is kinda landlocked....they got some at OB(Orange Beach) and more at Gulf Shores....anything up in Perdido is Tide or Wind driven,not natural drift and accumulation

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gandamack2

True....but sometimes it's what you don't see....there is suspicion that there is still corexit being used at the wellhead to prevent it from being seen....and frankly, that is more worrisome than the oil itself. I am from the Louisiana gulf coast, and I still don't go in the water. The area around the well head is damaged beyond repair (the seabed)....I have tons of video showing it here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Seafloor is cracked, what do you expect? It is beyond our technology to fix it.

BINGO! Several months after this disaster began. . . a friend of mine had a NASA person in her home as a weekend guest. Her husband had been a college roommate of the NASA guy. She told me that the NASA guy said that a crack had been opened up in the sea bed with the initial explosion . . . and that there was no way to fix this . . . that it would quite literally ooze out oil . . .FOREVER.
I wondered about this statement at the time . . . over a year ago. Now his statement seems to ring true.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by gandamack2

True....but sometimes it's what you don't see....there is suspicion that there is still corexit being used at the wellhead to prevent it from being seen....and frankly, that is more worrisome than the oil itself. I am from the Louisiana gulf coast, and I still don't go in the water. The area around the well head is damaged beyond repair (the seabed)....I have tons of video showing it here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

If this is true, then the Gulf is dead or dying. If corexit is still being used to keep the oil on the bottom out of sight, then I see know way that life can exist down there that would feed the sea life there. Scary.
This has got me curious now, has anyone come across any numbers on fish, ect that has been caught now compared to before the "accident"?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

A "Master Fisherman",many generation lineage,friend of mine,sold his quotas this year for all his catches....he kept a 500 lb limit on each type fish and sold the rest of his lifetime quota...and moved to Mississippi....to get this guy off the bayous took some doing....he made a million but his kids inheritance,which he wanted to pass along in quota,is gone and it broke his heart....said the "Gulf's gonna die"....I believe him....its over out there for anyone trying to make a living off the sealife...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321If this is true, then the Gulf is dead or dying.
There's a fairly large dead zone in the Gulf due to forcing the Mississippi to stay in it's NO channel. The sediment doesn't settle because it's shooting right off the continental shelf.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I started saying this on 8/17 and some folks just blew it off!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What? I'm still kind of ignoring it.
It's not that I don't care, I'm just not going to be roused up into some frenzy due to even a lot of oil. It's still a shame, and jobs are on the line from things like this, but no, I'm not going to worry about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join