It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE OIL SLICK now forming near Deepwater Horizon site!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is not good.

The following video, from just a couple of days ago, is very disturbing to say the least.

New evidence of a massive oil slick near Deepwater Horizon site

California nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and preservation of wildlife has discovered what seems to be a massive oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico near the area of the original Deepwater Horizon spill.

In a flight over the Gulf Tuesday, OnWingsOfCare.org founder and pilot Dr. Bonny Schumaker spotted an oil slick that stretched for nearly 10 miles.

And of course:

BP had firmly denied that the well is continuing to leak.

“None of this is true,” they said in a statement.

Big surprise.

See also:

CONFIRMED: Fresh oil slicks forming over Deepwater Horizon spill site

NEW - Oil Spill Reported Near Deepwater Drilling Site in Gulf!!!

GULF OIL SPILL PART II - New 100 Mile Oil Slick Not Far From The Deepwater Horizon

Oil is again bubbling to the surface of the Gulf of Mexico

Oil Rising from Macondo Well: BP Hires Fleet of 40 Shrimp Boats to Lay Boom Around Deepwater Horizon

Meanwhile:

Gulf Of Mexico Seabed Shows No Improvement Year After Oil Spill

edit on 1-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
www.mysanantonio.com... -Macondo-well-is-not-leaking-2120585.php

This website is linked from the OP. It's from the extended statement made by various parties including BP.

There's no clear evidence that the sheen was tied to a leaking well head or subsea pipeline, said Cheri Ben-Iesau, commander of Coast Guard District 8 in New Orleans. It could be the result of natural oil seepage on the sea floor, she said. Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

So what they're saying is. That the sea floor could be naturally leaking. Just coincidently right next to the deepwater horizon well site. Nothing to do with BP's and Transoceans massive blunders then, all that footage of the high pressure crude oil from the submersibles and all those clean up crewmen saying that the sea floor is compromised. Just natural. Yeah right. /sarcasm off.

Just, I struggle to even articulate with words with this disaster, the huge failings and lies, coverups and just plain disregard for human/natural life is sickening to me. I think this woman's statement says it all about what is coming to GOM soon. They won't even care about it, they'll just say it's ''natural oil seepage on the sea floor, none of our business.''

Just.... Yeah. Let's hope it's silt or something and not oil... Clutching to straws now, so it feels. Scientists have already examined recent crude oil found in the GOM a few weeks ago and verified it matches the crude oil from last years spill.
edit on 1-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: Grammar.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I knew when they said they capped it, it was not the end of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnalyticalDreamer

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer

It could be the result of natural oil seepage on the sea floor, she said.

So what they're saying is. That the sea floor could be naturally leaking. Just coincidently right next to the deepwater horizon well site.

They're hoping no one will remember this video:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

I think we all knew this wasn't the end of it. We just hoped. I've been waiting for this now (hoping, just hoping it wasn't going to happen).

Those submersibles last year showing the occasional glimpses of oil spewing out of what look like massive cracks in the sea floor. Those eyewitness accounts from clean up crewman saying that the crude oil is spewing from the seabed floor next to the damaged well head.

If it is the seabed leaking. How in the hell do they fix it!? They had a hard enough time fixing a man made pipe...

I just don't see this ever being fixed. Maybe I'm pessimistic, just saying what you all think.

EDIT: Nice timing loam. That's just one of the video clips out there that I mentioned in this post. There's lots more where that came from, all showing similar looking cracks with oil spewing out near the well head. Unfortunately for those SOB's ATS never forgets.

edit on 1-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: edit:

edit on 1-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
More video:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

When oil and water mix to create an emulsion, it is quite a lot thicker than the oil or the water itself. In the industrial world, we call an oil-water emulsion grease.

If there was sufficient agitation and pressure at the oil-water interface it may have produced a more solid greasy layer that would have restrained the oil released deep underwater and prevented it from simply flowing straight to the surface.

This would have produced a deep underwater reservoir of oil that is simply waiting for the breakdown of the grease layer before being released to the surface environment.

The apparently rapid remediation of the surface oil problem, in comparison to the amount of oil that actually leaked, would lead me to believe that this was actually the case, which also means that the problem will become immeasurably worse after the money has been spent and the clean-up crews have gone home.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnalyticalDreamer

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer
EDIT: Nice timing loam. That's just one of the video clips out there that I mentioned in this post. There's lots more where that came from, all showing similar looking cracks with oil spewing out near the well head.

Indeed.

In fact, I've always felt those were the most disturbing features of this entire disaster. I never believed we would fully dodge those ominous bullets.

If you have your tinfoil hat firmly in place, perhaps you will enjoy some of this frightening material:

WAITING FOR THE BIG ONE: A connection between Deepwater, Earthquakes, and other Deep-Well Drilling?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wait, this can't be true! I just saw a commercial sponsored by BP inviting me to come down to the Gulf - everything was fine - It said I could eat seafood, swim in clean waters and have the best time ever. Geez, who do I believe? /end sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by loam

When oil and water mix to create an emulsion, it is quite a lot thicker than the oil or the water itself. In the industrial world, we call an oil-water emulsion grease.

If there was sufficient agitation and pressure at the oil-water interface it may have produced a more solid greasy layer that would have restrained the oil released deep underwater and prevented it from simply flowing straight to the surface.

This would have produced a deep underwater reservoir of oil that is simply waiting for the breakdown of the grease layer before being released to the surface environment.

The apparently rapid remediation of the surface oil problem, in comparison to the amount of oil that actually leaked, would lead me to believe that this was actually the case, which also means that the problem will become immeasurably worse after the money has been spent and the clean-up crews have gone home.

So to sum what you said up in layman's terms. Massive, black, sticky, toxic, corrosive globules of oil the size of airports and probably bigger are bubbling up from somewhere. Lovely. This scenario is actually preferable to the cracked seabed one. At least it's manageable to some extent.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Wait, this can't be true! I just saw a commercial sponsored by BP inviting me to come down to the Gulf - everything was fine - It said I could eat seafood, swim in clean waters and have the best time ever. Geez, who do I believe? /end sarcasm.

Sign me up.

Oh wait no, I actually value my life

Everything must be fine. Remmember that picture

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

oh my freaking god............
WTF THANKS BP
don't shop there

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We all know what needs to be done. Why don't one of those groups at the Gulf contract out a couple of those remote camera things, send them down and see just what is really going on down there. Do I think the well is leaking? I don't think the cap itself is leaking, but I do think the well is, I mean, we all rember seeing how badly cracked the ground was around the well. And the amount of pressure that the oil was coming out? I don't know, I've got this feeling that that sucker is going to blow again, soon as it finds a weak spot.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Everyone seems completely in denial.

Meanwhile:

FDA officials say the tests showed that the fish, shrimp and oysters were every bit as safe to eat as they were prior to the spill.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services continued testing shows Gulf seafood is safe to eat, which is music to the ears of local seafood providers.

The state of Louisiana has done a great job of promotion. Television and radio commercials have encouraged everyone to eat Louisiana seafood and not be hesitant to patronize our restaurants that feature fish, oysters, shrimp and crabs.

:shk:

With the money that is involved here, do you think we will hear the truth anytime soon about what is happening out there?

I expect no-fly zones very shortly like last time.

But remember, eat your shrimp!!! It's your patriotic duty!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Everyone seems completely in denial.

Or lying? The head of the EPA on air quality after 9/11:

www.youtube.com...

and yet:

9/11 Responders at Higher Cancer Risk

www.thedailybeast.com...

Corporations and politicians = the end of civilization. Sorry Elenin.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Maluhia because: OCD

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Oh no what is better the oil or more of BP`s poisons? We know how they clean this stuff up.

And Is this ad some sort of sick twisted joke being on a Oil spill thread. Oil is the problem here. Well could be just how BP runs their rigs actually I suppose.

i809.photobucket.com...

Just wanted to add I know ATS doesn`t choose the Ad`s.

edit on 9/1/2011 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

That ad is rather ironic.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My friends are pulling my leg about it. I used to told them that GOM disaster is not done with us.
Now this summer they was arguing about the fact i was way too doom and gloom about the situation, mainly because everything has been push under the rug.

You've mentioned it loud and clear, everybody except a few dozen are in complete denial or ignorance.
I dont know how the situation will turn out but imagine an hurricane. I bet people in the south east wont have to lubricate their doors to prevent them from making noise afterwards. You can add the previous false alarm of Irene to the mix for the worst scenario possible.

somebody bless us lol
thx loam for the info

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Seafloor is cracked, what do you expect? It is beyond our technology to fix it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
once again loam thx for posting...people like you need massive funding for helping the environment...shame it goes to all the wrong places..anyways..........that oil is just gross,next they will be telling us oil is good for you,especially when u mix a bit of fukushima cesium in with it,and why not a bit of plutonium while your at it......

yum yum just thinking about pre greased,and ocean cooked seafood...no mess no fuss no cooking,just straight of the trawler ready.mmmmm

peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join