It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillsdale College "Introduction to the Constitution" Live Webcast series with Dr. Larry Arnn; Sep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is a 6 week series of The Constitution brought to you by Hillsdale College's own Allen P. Kirby, Jr. Center Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship.

The following is a quote from the confirmation email I received after signing up.

This Celebration will include speeches and panels on important contemporary topics related to the Constitution, and will feature distinguished guests Congressman Paul Ryan as our opening speaker, and syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer as our evening speaker. The following week, on Monday, September 19th, the first session of "Introduction to the Constitution" will be available to watch. For the next four weeks, on Monday, a new session will be available to watch. Each week's session, once posted, will be available to view on-demand.

Registration for "Introduction to the Constitution" webcast

Schedule

(All times are Eastern Daylight Time)

Constitution Day Celebration Webcast

September 15, 2011

9:00 - 9:00 Introductory Remarks
Larry P. Arnn
President, Hillsdale College

9:30 - 10:00 a.m. “Federalism and America’s Future”
The Honorable Paul Ryan
U.S. Representative, First District of Wisconsin

10:15 - 11:45 a.m. Panel Discussion: “American Federalism in Theory and Practice”

12:00 p.m. “National Security and the Constitution in the Obama Administration”
The Honorable Michael Mukasey
Former U.S. Attorney General

7:00 p.m. “Why We Celebrate Constitution Day”
Charles Krauthammer
Washington Post
FOX News Contributor
“Introduction to the Constitution” Lecture Series

Featuring Dr. Larry Arnn, Hillsdale College President

Each video, released on Monday, is available to watch on-demand.

Week One: “The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution”
Monday, September 19

Week Two: “The Constitution: Representation”
Monday, September 26

Week Three: “The Constitution: Separation of Powers and Limited Government”
Monday, October 3

Week Four: “Bureaucratic versus Constitutional Government”
Monday, October 10

Week Five: Conclusion
Week of October 17, date TBD
(More information available soon)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Do you feel our Constitution under attack?
Do we have a "right" to police protection?
What is the "militia" as mentioned in the Second Amendment?
If the Second Amendment is shredded enough, do you think the rest of the Constitution still exists as we know it?
If the Constitution becomes worthless to the people of the United States as we know it, does that mean slavery might exist again as it did in the past?

States Rights vs Federal Government. Wasn't it the States who fought for the end of slavery while the Federal Government fought to keep slavery?

Personally, I would like to gain a greater understanding and arm myself (pun intended) with facts and proof when having a conversation with others who truly believe the meaning of "militia" in the Second Amendment is the "military".
Most conversations about the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, or the Bill of Rights tend to be confusing without first building our knowledge on a sound and sturdy foundation. What better foundation to build on then starting with a center that is dedicated to the studies of the Constitution.

I hope you this course helps, I know it will surly help me

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Bumping this to remind you of this. The "Introduction to the Constitution" is starting now. It's a 6 week series of The Constitution, one live podcast per week, I hope you enjoy.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Right from my back yard who would have thunk it. well done hillsdale college

new topics

top topics

join