It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" LaPuta ", " Moco " and " Pajero " are in troubles.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Some japanese cars have weird names in South-America, especially in Chile.

1) Nissan " Moco " model.

In spanish, "moco" means : Nasal mucus.

2) Mazda " LaPuta " model :

"La puta ", in spanish, is the slang word for : " a prostitute "

3) Mistsubishi " Pajero ".

In Chile, " Pajero " means " a wanker ".

Well, if you are Chilean " wanker ", just buy a Masda " LaPuta ". It will suit you at the perfection !

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Wow, guess that the car companies are running out of names. Where do they come up with them in the first place? Disgruntled employees?

XA
S

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Where do they come up with them in the first place?

I don't know. I just know that " Mazda " is coming from the Zoroastrianism faith where God has this name : " Ahura Mazda ".

Does it mean that if you're Christian or Muslims, you can't drive it ? I don't know....

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
HA HA HA..!!!!!!!

yup, the way i translated it was a boogar, a b.i.t.c.h., and a jack-off.......

i wonder what a LaPuta is goin for these days.....

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
An old favourite was when they marketed the Vauxhall Nova in Spain: forgeting that in Spanish "no va" means "doesn't go".

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
sounds like a title of a Aleiscter crowley book !
Are they Satanist at Renault ?

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The Vel satis (quite a nice car by all accounts) boggles the mind: it's just Latin for "or enough" (ou assez); butwhat that means??
The Japs do it best: there really is a Mitsubishi Lettuce; not to mention a Mazda Bongo Friendee and a Suzuki Van Van (it's not a van, of course).
Mind you, one of the best Rolls-Royce's was the Silver Mist (and Mist is German for "cr*p")

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'll bet that there are so many words that are curses in other languages that you could never name a car without insulting some company.

I think that those japanese must have been on the sake when they named a car the "Lettuce" or "Van Van"

XAOS

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
christina aguilera's video for "dirty" had filipino writings on the walls in the background saying 'Support underage prostitution!' and such...... but she refused to have it edited after filipinos were reportedly complaining about it......what a biotch....

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
ever seen DBZ? the chrs have names like Vegita which supposedly means vegitable and kakarotta which is carot i think a lot of funny stuff.

top topics

join