It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Food for Sex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is so sad and disgusting
maybe karma will get them and they catch something they cannot get rid of.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

There is a simple solution to this. Make all the troops women

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There is probably a better solution then pulling the plug. How about instead of sending in food, we help them grow their own. I know the UN really doesn't want this as it deligitimizes their authority to intervene. There is nothing wrong with giving people the tools they need to feed themselves. I do not understand why for decades we just keep sending food. Can't we give these people guns to hunt food. It's Africa after all. There are lions eating children there. Certainly a UN supported hunting trip could feed these people daily.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yep, been happening for a long time now.
And it is rampant within the UN and for the Blue Helmets.
Just another reason for the US to defund the UN and kick their sorry butt out of NY.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
reply to post by loam

There is a simple solution to this. Make all the troops women

And you think women don't commit sex crimes?

No, the solution is the get rid of the UN.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh the political correctness !

It is called "prostitution". Something in exchange for sex, sex in exchange for something, a very ancient human activity.

It happens in your town too. And yes, sometimes underage girls. And men prostitutes too. Do you care ? Do you think about it sometimes ? It's not different from what takes place near your home. But let's blame those soldiers for the state of our world and this universal scapegoat that is the UN.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is not news I'm afraid......it's been going on for many years in many 3rd world nations

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by facelift

Originally posted by facelift
I'm pointing out that you took my post literally - how 'bout we both strive to read between the lines..? We would both be better off for it.

Whaaaaaaa?????? You were being sarcastic?

Ooops, my bad....
Ne
( here is a interesting occurrence. Somehow I accidentally gained access to loams reply screen and am now attempting to add on a reply from this screen. This shouldn't be possible. I'm TerryMcguire and now let us see if this posts. Here goes )

Sincerest apologies.
Never mind my mistake.
edit on 2-9-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: Goofed

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Anyone who has read history would know that this barbaric act continues, sex has been a bounty of war for a long time, and even now. Some deny it, claiming it was an act of one individual, but we all know the truth, those who go and plunder nations, they use the same old war policies, rape the women, take the treasure, and steal the resources in the long run.

This happened in Iraq, happened in Afghanistan, will happen in Libya, happened in Ivory Coast.... The list goes on.

We need to face the truth before we can solve our problems.
edit on 2-9-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What I find really funny is that whenever someone suggests something like this, so many people shout "racist" even though there are dark-skinned people that live in Western countries and have such attitudes. It sounds to me like the people who shout "racist" at this are automatically assuming that people are white and could, I think, be called racist themselves for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

what is wrong with people these days that they have no compassion for others? How can one stoop so low as to take away the dignity of another human being? This is an outrage and the offenders should be locked away.

It is human nature to manipulate. It's easy to sit from a relative state of equilibrium and simply condemn these types of behaviors... but as we find ourselves in less opportune times and circumstances, we will find ourselves prone to making the same choices to manipulate each other.

The fact of the matter is that these areas have lived like this for a long, long time. In some cases, it would not surprise me if these young females were raised believing they -had- to give sex in order to obtain something (and said 'soldier' simply accepted what was offered, however wrong it may be). It is really difficult to paint everything with the same brush.

And the truth is, no matter how bad corruption is within the U.N. - there is worse corruption in the nations they are attempting to keep peace between.

This sort of stuff really doesn't come as much of a surprise. In all honesty - I think Africa is something of a Lost Cause and will be better left to as many of its own devices as practical until they find something resembling civilization.

At the end of the day, it most certainly is representative of a bungle within the U.N. - but it is not to be unexpected. There are bad apples in every bunch, and even the most revered commands have their fair share of scumbags (or sometimes just the otherwise-good-guy with a rather nasty character flaw that doesn't get exposed until later).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is true.....It saddens me.....that food, water and shelter are only given if sexual bartering is given.

I am hoping that there are some good righteous people in a positions of higher power ...that will do something about this. I want all the hungry and homeless on planet earth to be feed, given water, clothed and sheltered....and be done so with true generosity, caring, love and protection.

I live in Seattle, WA....we have numerous food banks, clothing banks, free meals, shelters, and plenty to drink too.

No one has to put out sexually for any of it. You just have to show up, be good mannered and wait your turn...that is all. The kind of system we have here in Seattle I am hoping will happen elsewhere...globally.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
You'll notice how it said in that article, that of the 16 that were known to do it, 10 were brass. That is not a coincidence. The sort of personality that has the ambition to get to command ranks, is also the sort of personality that will primarily do things like this; as well as making sure that the rank and file get punished for it, if it ever comes out.

I've always imagined sociopaths gravitating toward acquiring this type of power. Nothing like ensuring you're not disciplined and caged like the animal you are.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I will say that issues like this are best handled within the military or respective organization, itself.

It's hard to conduct business with everything that comes across your desk being in the public domain with millions set to come jumping down your throat if there's a problem (and, of course, they will all want to solve the problem for you and everyone else).

That is why I am generally against the way Wikileaks conducts itself. They should, instead, be taking notes of these types of cables and, instead of releasing the cables, say: "hey, these reports continue for some time with no indication that anything is or was being done about it.... what gives?" if that was the case. Then, if need be - publish the cables as evidence that an issue existed and was not being addressed within the chain of command.

If Wikileaks were acting like that - being a responsible oversight community - then I would be all for it. This "let's release secret stuff!!!11!!!" is just childish.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I'm not trying to be callous, but it appears sex might be the only tangible thing they have to barter with? If the rest of the world turned their back and walked out

Well for one why did it have to be the girls bartering the sex? Why not the older sisters?

If this was the native people exclusively then I would say sure it's nature, and maybe let it takes its course.

But what is the point of the UN then. What the hell do we all send our international funding for? So soldiers can go to these people who are in dire need of basic resources, and deny them of it if they don't let their youngest daughters (and sons) have sex with them first? Should they be bartering at all?? I thought the it was 'bought and paid for' so to speak.

Don't you think if we create a huge institution, and fund the hell out of it, it should be held to a slightly better standard?...... "A Stronger United Nations for a Better World".

The UN has 4 main purposes:

To keep peace throughout the world;
To develop friendly relations among nations;
To help nations work together to improve the lives of poor people, to conquer hunger, disease and illiteracy, and to encourage respect for each other’s rights and freedoms;
To be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations to achieve these goals.

www.un.org...
edit on 2-9-2011 by underspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by underspace

I guess I was arguing two different points. You are right, it should not be the soldiers bartering sex for food, the food is already paid for, and so is the soldier's salary.

I was thinking on a larger scale, what does the world get from this UN program except for more unrest, more expense, and since it is largely ineffective, the people receiving the benefit only get prolonged suffering and exploitation. It is a lose-lose scenario.

As for the "older sisters" did you see the pic in the OP? Not much to barter with. There is also the impact of disease. Sex in the region is extremely dangerous. Someone earlier mentioned they hoped the soldiers caught some disease, but that would just get passed along to the next young girl. There is no such thing as fairness or justice in this endeavor. Everyone is losing.

I do agree with the posters that said we should teach them to be self-sufficient instead of just sending food. That is exactly what is needed, if it is possible. Unfortunately the population far outpaces the natural resources. To make them self-sufficient, we would also have to allow the population to fall dramatically. Is that something we can in good conscious allow?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by underspace

I guess I was arguing two different points. You are right, it should not be the soldiers bartering sex for food, the food is already paid for, and so is the soldier's salary.

And I didn't read the points as you meant them it seems. I agree with this as the goods were paid for, as was the soldiers service.

I was thinking on a larger scale, what does the world get from this UN program except for more unrest, more expense, and since it is largely ineffective, the people receiving the benefit only get prolonged suffering and exploitation. It is a lose-lose scenario.

Thanks for clarifying, and I completely agree with your larger-scale. If I had expanded on my post I would have reached a similar sentiment and solution here.

As for the "older sisters" did you see the pic in the OP? Not much to barter with.

They said they were mostly underage, that's all I meant.

I do agree with the posters that said we should teach them to be self-sufficient instead of just sending food. That is exactly what is needed, if it is possible.

Absolutely. It has to be a long term solution. Sustainability. The whole give a man a fish or teach em to fish thing.

Unfortunately the population far outpaces the natural resources. To make them self-sufficient, we would also have to allow the population to fall dramatically. Is that something we can in good conscious allow?

Take the 'natural' out of that equation and perhaps we now have a proper use for the UN or similar organizations. I think letting a population fall is not something in good conscious we can do, if there is other options. It's true, becoming self-sufficient when your populace far outnumbers the natural resources would be damn near impossible. So people move out, or new resources moves in.

Everyone needs to be more self-sufficient. Even the organizations that would help build that kind of infrastructure, especially them. What if we (UN) had solar-wind powered cargo ships hauling 'sustainability kits' to these places. Help them setup a sustainable infrastructure for food and water. Setup solar and wind, teach them the knowledge they may lack on permaculture and forest gardens and all that. I don't know what it would look like, but I agree just giving food to these people is not guaranteeing any peace and happiness in a long term sense.
edit on 2-9-2011 by underspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The United Nations as an organisation, should not rightfully exist. It is nothing more than a corrupt, beaurecratic front group for the New World Order, and it needs to be abolished. QED.
edit on 2-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join