It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Wikileaks opens the cables! Post your findings here.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OK, what we have been waiting for has finally come to pass!

Wikileaks has opened the cables for all to see, both releasing the code and dumping the info on it's website. We all need to start reading and lets find the good stuff!

If you find something good, post it here.

Cablegate!

SUMMARY. BAHRAIN'S AMIR WELCOMES THE U.S. FOCUS ON REPLACING THE TALIBAN AND FORMING A BROAD-BASED GOVERNMENT. HE URGED THAT WE GET SOME FORM OF GOVERNMENT ON THE GROUND QUICKLY TO BECOME A LEGITIMATE SPOKESMAN FOR AFGHANISTAN AND TURN THE TALIBAN INTO INSURGENTS. WITH SUCH A STEP HE THINKS THE LENGTH OF THE WAR WILL BECOME LESS IMPORTANT, AND WITHOUT IT THE PUBLIC PROBLEM WILL GROW. HIS PS: CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING ON PULLING THE PLUG ON AL JAZEERA? WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. END SUMMARY.

A very interesting start......Wiki
edit on 1-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Somehow, I have a suspicion that some disinfo have also been sent to wikileaks to muddle the truth. This disinfo will be mixed with the truths and hence discernment is needed when reading the leaked files. Do not believe everything you read in wikileaks as the gospel truth right away. Just keep an open mind and wait for circumstantial evidence to follow.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why the hell not post findings in one of the other 5 or so threads on the same damn topic?

I would think someone such as the OP, with that many posts, would realize we don't need ANOTHER thread on this.
edit on 1-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I do apologize. Since the other threads were well into many pages of speculation of whether or not the code would be released, I thought that I may offer a thread where we could share what we found.

If I am in error....the Mods will act accordingly.

reply to post by wavemaker

I agree. We must tread carefully. But I am excited nonetheless!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I do apologize. Since the other threads were well into many pages of speculation of whether or not the code would be released, I thought that I may offer a thread where we could hare what we found.

If I am in error....the Mods will act accordingly.

reply to post by wavemaker

I agree. We must tread carefully. But I am excited nonetheless!

Sorry if I came across as rude, but as it is, the findings will be spread across 5+ threads, which will be hard enough to sift through.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No offense taken at all. I agree that this info may become spread out and this thread was an attempt to prevent much of that. So get over to Wikileaks and start reading.

I found some interesting cables that talk about the Iran/Iraq conflicts in the 80's, but I am still rummaging.

Baghdad Cables

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

iv been looking around there but its under maintanence, iv been searchingfor the rumored ufo files that assange said where in there, plus being australian im looking for some ties between asutralian govt and the US govt.if anyone finds the ufo files please post or message me.thank you for letting me know the cables are up.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, these are authentic cables, free of redaction - naked for the world to see. But....What are we not seeing?
These cables are only a tiny sampling of information. They don't tell the whole story, but they do help fill some gaps. I'd like to see the FBI and CIA leaked files for the last 50 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am just curious about something and thought I would post it here because it is somewhat on topic with this. Maybe should be a rant but... Why do all these people on ATS instantly follow anything from wikileaks like it is scripture? I just don't get it. They will tear apart anything from the news and the internet, but not wikileaks. Do you guys not think this guy has his own agenda? Is he some kind of modern day saint that never lies or makes things up to further his point? Someone please help, I am confused.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I have been looking as well, bu tno luck on UFO's yet. Be patient though, there is a lot to go through. We will find em!

reply to post by Smack

I think we just have to link what we have been told with what we find in these cables. All is not necessarily as it seems.

Like this:

WASHINGTON ANALYSTS WOULD LIKE TO COMMEND POST FOR REF, WHICH PROVIDES DETAILED INFORMATION ON SUDAN'S PROJECTIONS OF FUTURE OIL PRODUCTION IN THE COUNTRY OVER THE NEXT TEN YEARS. THE ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENT, WHICH BROKE DOWN EXPECTED OIL PRODUCTION BY BLOCK, HELPED INFORM ANALYSTS' JUDGMENTS ABOUT SUDAN'S FUTURE REVENUE PICTURE. REF HAS BEEN CITED IN SEVERAL WRITTEN PRODUCTS ON SUDAN DELIVERED TO HIGH-LEVEL US POLICYMAKERS. ¶2. (S/REL TO USA, FVEY) WE REMAIN INTERESTED IN ANY ONGOING PLANS TO DETERMINE A WEALTH-SHARING AGREEMENT FOR THE POST-2011 PERIOD, GIVEN THE POTENTIAL FOR CONFLICT IF BOTH SIDES DISAGREE. AS TIME AND RESOURCES PERMIT, WE WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE REPORTING ON ANY PROGRESS BEING MADE IN WEALTH-SHARING NEGOTIATIONS AND ANY CONTINGENCY MEASURES THAT MIGHT BE IN PLACE IN THE EVENT THAT AN AGREEMENT IS NOT REACHED, SUCH AS THE FOLLOWING:

Link

Why would US policymakers have an interest in Sudanese oil?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

For me, it has nothing to do with Assange or anything of the sort. I am interested in the inside-look into what the US does and how it composes itself in foreign matters. Wikileaks may be a complete fraud.....and if it is I hope we expose that!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

haha lets hope so smack, il inbox you if i find any!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Is our info already being intercepted? censored? this is what I get:

We are sorry,

Site is undergoing a maintenance, please try again later.

The file you have requested could not be found.

You can visit our IRC channel:

* Using the web interface available here
* Using regular IRC client, connect to

When I click the link to "web interface" I get a warning that site is not trusted. What's going on here?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Here is a link to the page I am currently on.....which has some nice insight into the global warming issue.

I am not having a problem, but will update if I do.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The truth is now FREE!

C'mon people, start digging stuff up on JFK, aliens and Secret Space Program.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
OK people, what the hell is this cable talking about? I am not current on things like this.

Discussing the bracketed text in paragraph 1(A), Ilin stated that "in accordance with" and "identical to" did not mean the same thing. Elliott concurred and clarified that the U.S. side had altered this sentence because there were certain scenarios where the procedures used to demonstrate that the B-1B was incapable of employing nuclear armaments might not be "identical

wikileaks

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

same problem im having hey, i was trying to look up the united states catagory and i get the sam thing, its a shame theres no NASA catagory in the tags lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Search by classification! Ha. SECRET NOFORN CONFIDENTIAL FOUO. I wonder if they could -ever- get their disclosing mitts on the real.....juicy stuff. Top Secret Special Category, Cosmic, Extremely Sensitive Information, Special Compartmentalized Information, Top Secret Crypto TS NATO SHAPE, etc etc etc.....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

The link in the OP is still working and I am loading pages from that. I don't know what your problem may be, but all is good for me!

reply to post by simone50m

Ya, I'd like to see Majestic clearance on here, but we can dream can't we?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

we could only wish, but likely not, it would be a threat to assanges families life if he did have that sort of info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join