It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MODS...can we get a negative scoring system?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
MODS::: CAN WE GET SOME KINDA NEGATIVE SCORING SYSTEM? so that when the same person becomes recognized for posting bs/blown outta proportion all the time...people can like tarnish their reputation?

there are people here who constantly post bs (3.1 earthquakes and threads with like one line of info on a link. instead of ignoring them or giving them stars and flags)...can we like give them sanctions? or something?

tired of seeing every little thing blowing up the boards...and seeing that quite often...it's the same people. maybe if everyone starts putting sanctions on them...they'll feel like enough of a loser to quit posting stupid s^*t.

just a thought...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This would be a good addition

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I thought a thumbs down system would be pretty good.

Or the ability to remove other posters flags and stars.....some threads are diabolical.
You get a group of people with the same mindset flagging and starring posts/threads that are clearly lies...mistruths...

I dont think it will happen as people will abuse it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Although I cannot stand seeing asinine posts, I can see a negative rating system turning into a system of ganging up on people who hold minority opinions or beliefs. Just like any method of power- if it is abused, nothing good can come from it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There pretty much is this type of system in place... by checking peoples ATS points...

Generally the people you are talking about have negative ATS points... not always spot on, but ive noticed its somewhat accurate...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I believe not S+F'ing threads will do the same thing as a negative. The point of ATS is to discuss topics, not degrade people for not being online searching for things 24/7.
If a new thread is crap....it will get buried....if it is something legit...well you get the picture.

edit on 1-9-2011 by DisturbedToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Looking at the post:star ratio is a good indicator.
So is the 'K' score.

I could imagine a negative score would have many potential problems. It would give a weapon to the very people you are complaining against. It's a double-edged sword imo.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Im sorry are we in some kind of points race or something?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

What about a negative points system for useless threads? I saw one guy post MILK: Half gallon vs. full gallon? I mean unreal ya know? Im just sayin

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Or the ability to remove other posters flags and stars.....some threads are diabolical.
You get a group of people with the same mindset flagging and starring posts/threads that are clearly lies...mistruths...

It's being abused already but you're probably right, nothing is likely to be done. However, I do agree with your suggestion, OP. If the positive star & flag system works I don't see why a negative system couldn't, and those who abuse it should be dealt with the same way as anyone who abuses anything on the website.

This seems easy to accomplish but also seems likely to create a lot of fighting and arguing, cheating and abusing the system. Probably a bigger headache than the mods are interested in getting themselves into.

Originally posted by AllUrChips

What about a negative points system for useless threads? I saw one guy post MILK: Half gallon vs. full gallon? I mean unreal ya know? Im just sayin

Well, did you actually check out the content of the thread? Sometimes simple thoughts that seem trivial or silly can provide for some very deep introspection and thought... for those interested in thinking.
edit on 9/1/2011 by DieBravely because: I am a slave to the taboo of double posting

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

It's being abused already but you're probably right, nothing is likely to be done. However, I do agree with your suggestion, OP. If the positive star & flag system works I don't see why a negative system couldn't, and those who abuse it should be dealt with the same way as anyone who abuses anything on the website.

This seems easy to accomplish but also seems likely to create a lot of fighting and arguing, cheating and abusing the system. Probably a bigger headache than the mods are interested in getting themselves into.

Well, did you actually check out the content of the thread? Sometimes simple thoughts that seem trivial or silly can provide for some very deep introspection and thought... for those interested in thinking.
edit on 9/1/2011 by DieBravely because: I am a slave to the taboo of double posting

I actually was taking a .... nevermind

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Not to mention these ridiculous threads help bury the ones that may have some relevance. Could it be possible to make the threads with minimal response move down the list faster then the ones that are starting to get a good fallowing. Or possibly if a thread goes a certain amount of time without a response its move to the ATS quarantine area which could still be public, just not taking up valuable space on the main page. At that point all we would have to do is not respond and it will go away. Then quarantine points could come into play.
edit on 1-9-2011 by WhatKnot because: An addition

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

My advice to you is if you don't like a member's post......

IGNORE IT!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hey thats a serious discussion there! Half gallon of milk vs Full gallon of milk...

Sounds like a rap battle, or celebrity deathmatch line up...hahah

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
NO

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

lol had to go look up that thread hehe

all fairness it was in rant section and the chap was curious

pointless , baseless yet

but still amusing looool from all the doom and glooms

its nice to get a chuckle

how about a negative flagging system ? meaning we can go e.i -12 flags in red for bs threads?

then +flags in green for good threads?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Rant or not, this question has been asked and answered ad nauseam...

ATS should consider regressing back to the time when no Flags were given to BTS topics.
That would be a great relief, no?

edit on 1-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

lol had to go look up that thread hehe

all fairness it was in rant section and the chap was curious

pointless , baseless yet

but still amusing looool from all the doom and glooms

its nice to get a chuckle

how about a negative flagging system ? meaning we can go e.i -12 flags in red for bs threads?

then +flags in green for good threads?

Did ya notice who made that thread? lol Just not a good thing to criticize others all the time imo

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

loool it was this punk !!

haha the irony

thanks buddy for the laugh

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hmmmm, we have stars to show that people feel illuminated by ones response or comment, how about black holes to point out ones lack thereof.

Troll-holes!!!

Feel free to troll-hole this comment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join