It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News - Can Ron Paul Lead the 2012 GOP Field?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just another sad attempt by fox to demonise Ron Paul and make him not look like a viable candidate..

Aired 1st September 2011. Fox being biased as always making it look like Ron Paul isn't popular.. Bruce Fine makes some great points about Ron Paul. But the Fox news lady continuously makes it look like Ron Paul is not a viable candidate..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

Think for yourself. You don't need a mainstream media outlet to tell you whether or not a candidate is electable, that is up to you and the American people to decide.

The corporate media always tries to make Ron Paul look bad. "Fair and balanced".....
edit on 1-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If a Republican candidate draws most of his support from outside the Republican Party, that person can't be considered a viable candidate.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

trust me I think for myself and never ever watch mainstream media as it is completly bought out.. I get my news from the internet and through my own independent research once you are awake to what is really going on in the world it is almost like torture to watch the main streeam media, even more so to see your family members believing its every word.. I try to tell them about fluoride they laugh at me, I try to talk about real issues and my parents think its wierd that I have an opinion that is different to what the TV tells them, I try to wake them up but they think it is wierd and funny to be informed and just laugh at me.. Except for my father who is actually quiet awake but does not really let on about it.. The rest of my family and other just think its funny and that I am crazy for actually having common sense and an individual view point on topics of importance such as the Iraq and Afghanistan wars..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Actually, it's because he does have the ability to pull from across party lines that he's a viable candidate. How many of the other candidates are pulling support from all parties and even across religious differences. He has massive support from Jews and Muslims. Anyone who supports Liberty - supports Dr. Paul.

He's definitely viable! He'll win the GOP nomination and the election in 2012. Obama will get smoked in the debates!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

trust me I think for myself and never ever watch mainstream media as it is completly bought out.. I get my news from the internet and through my own independent research once you are awake to what is really going on in the world it is almost like torture to watch the main streeam media, even more so to see your family members believing its every word.. I try to tell them about fluoride they laugh at me, I try to talk about real issues and my parents think its wierd that I have an opinion that is different to what the TV tells them, I try to wake them up but they think it is wierd and funny to be informed and just laugh at me.. Except for my father who is actually quiet awake but does not really let on about it.. The rest of my family and other just think its funny and that I am crazy for actually having common sense and an individual view point on topics of importance such as the Iraq and Afghanistan wars..
I feel ya dude. That wasn't really directed at you, more at everbody on this website.

But yeah, the reality is too much for people to bare. I just made a thread about the corporate media, and it's scary how much influence 5 corporations have over the entire American population.

Everyone in my family is completely brainwashed. I mean they just eat up everything the MSM says, and whenever I say something that's against what the MSM is pushing, they literally treat me like I'm a retarded lunatic.

:shk:

Same goes for Ron Paul, the media's anti-Ron Paul agenda is influencing lots of people. I hear people say Ron Paul is "unelectable" and that he's "too extreme" all the time, but when I break down his policies I never hear people say "Yep, just like I thought, he's crazy", they usually realize that they agree with him on lots of issues.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Actually, it's because he does have the ability to pull from across party lines that he's a viable candidate. How many of the other candidates are pulling support from all parties and even across religious differences. He has massive support from Jews and Muslims. Anyone who supports Liberty - supports Dr. Paul.

He's definitely viable! He'll win the GOP nomination and the election in 2012. Obama will get smoked in the debates!

Do you understand how you get the Republican nomination? There are many states where you can only vote in the Republican primaries if you are a registered Republican. So pulling from across party lines gets you nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Carseller,
do you KNOW what it means to be a "viable candidate"?
He is a Republican, is he not? Are you saying that the only "viable" candidate is the one that is currently polling the highest in all polls?
What is your point?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Fox "News" is merely a front for the establishment GOP.

When it comes to Fox News Channel, conservatives don't feel the need to "work the ref." The ref is already on their side. Since its 1996 launch, Fox has become a central hub of the conservative movement's well-oiled media machine. Together with the GOP organization and its satellite think tanks and advocacy groups, this network of fiercely partisan outlets--such as the Washington Times, the Wall Street Journal editorial page and conservative talk-radio shows like Rush Limbaugh's--forms a highly effective right-wing echo chamber where GOP-friendly news stories can be promoted, repeated and amplified. Fox knows how to play this game better than anyone.

read more
If Fox/GOP were actually more concerned with unseating Obama than they are with retaining their own preeminence they would be far more fair towards Ron Paul.

In a recent National Journal Political Insiders Poll, both Republicans and Democrats rated Perry LESS able than Romney to beat Obama in the general election. link

Many Republican Insiders acknowledged Perry's appeal to conservatives but questioned his ability to win over independent voters. "Perry can fire up the base, but this election will be won in the middle, not on the fringes," said one. Said another, "Having trouble ID-ing a single independent who'd vote for Perry."

Democratic Insiders echoed that assessment by an even larger majority. "This election is sitting on a platter for Republicans if they do it right," said one. "Romney is probably good enough. Perry will get drilled by independent voters and women." Another quipped, "Rick Perry is all base and no swing."

Dr. Paul is actually the only candidate who can beat Obama. Perry/Romney/Bachmann lack the integrity, platform and appeal that is necessary to win over Independents and disillusioned Dems.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If a Republican candidate draws most of his support from outside the Republican Party, that person can't be considered a viable candidate.

According to whom? Where did this "rule" come from?

Can you also show that Ron Paul's support comes from outside of registered Republicans?

I used to be a registered Independent. In 2008 I quickly learned how the law worked in my area and I knew I would be unable to cast a vote for Ron Paul in the primaries because of it. So I changed my party Affiliation to Republican. I am sure I am not the only one who had to do that.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Do you understand how you get the Republican nomination? There are many states where you can only vote in the Republican primaries if you are a registered Republican. So pulling from across party lines gets you nothing.

Exactly... which is why myself and MANY other people have been spreading the information for people to check their states. If they have closed primaries, we ask them to register republican for the nomination and then they can switch back. For that matter, even in my link I have information about it.

Which is why he is definitely viable. People are switching their political affiliation long enough to vote in the primary. Name one other candidate who has this kind of support.

Who exactly are you supporting?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

That was actually one of the better interviews I have seen. He shut her down very well she had nothing to respond with and let him speak at length without interrupting much. And you could tell she knew she was out of her league as he nailed several salient points.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

paul don't need fox to make himself look bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I only have two points to make.

1. Fox could have picked someone more literate, within the first minute she mispronounces the word lived.
2. Ron Paul needs to hire someone to pick outfits for his reps, that red white and blue shirt/tie almost made me vomit.

Between the two it was hard to focus on what was being said.

new topics

top topics

join