It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft 'intentionally designed software for phones to track customers without their consent'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I don't think tracking has anything to do with long distance phone call. The signal bounces off of towers etc. I think the official reason they put it in their phones is for facebook places & GPS.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by TheSnowman
reply to post by silent thunder

I agree that it's complete bs they should be allowed to lie about the fact they're tracking you. However, somebody is always tracking you anyway, as long as you own a cell phone.

But see what the OP said?

Responses like "so what, this already happens..." -- you have already given in.

I have not.

Partgirl: No facebook, no twitter, no blog, no smartphone.

That's good for you. I on the other hand, prefer to have my technology. If I had any reason to worry about somebody tracking me, I would just ditch my cell phone. It's not like you don't have a choice. You can't get a cell phone without being trackable. Seriously, what kinds of things do you do every day if you're freaked out about being able to be tracked? Nobody sits there tracking you for no reason anyway. If you're doing something shady, ditch the phone, plain and simple....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

Sorry you are not representing the tech correctly. I work in the industry so let me fill the gaps. ALL cellular devices can be tracked at all times period. It has nothing to do with GPS. It has to do with the transmitter and its connections to the cell towers. Most devices still do not have an actual GPS receiver as in a receiver that receives GPS sat signals from space. Most devices utilize triangulation from three cell phone towers to pinpoint the location of the phone. Carriers enable this technology on mapping apps and call it "GPS" but it is not the same technology. GPS receivers do not transmit any signal they receive only (for the most part). If you do not want your device to track you do not carry it or remove the battery from the device. Do not just turn it off and think it is safe. There are backdoor means of enabling a device without you knowing about it and tracking it. A device can also be activated as a listening device without your knowledge. This is how Pablo Escabar was tracked and located. Now that you know these things just act accordingly. You now have the ability to establish an alibi. Have someone else carry your device around active while you go protest or what ever and then you have evidence that you were nowhere near the event.

Carry on

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This information is tracked at the request of Gov't law enforcement agencies, even if it is turned off.

Law enforcement can track movement for weeks based on the location of your cell phone in relation to the towers that it received a signal from.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

I worked in the industry using the tech

You can add that even when the battery is removed some nifty intel tricks can be applied...

You can use the supercap or the lithium. In some case you can go even further when the phone has a flashlight. You can have it sent out a beacon signal. You can have it record pics and sound in an interval or in theory even in case the microphone pics up a sound. Although the latter probably is very energy consuming and would last short but I do not know the details and never actually seen it in real.

Anyways for the real paranoid peeps out there.... nowhere to run to and nowhere to hide. It's an illusion to think with todays tech you cannot be found. But as someone raised it already it really depends on who you are and how much money they're willing to invest.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There is fabric to block EMF.

You can make a pouch to put the cellphone in so it can't be tracked. But you won't receive an incoming call.

For some people that would be a good thing.

www.lessemf.com/fabric.html

You could start a business making cellphone bags that block them from tracking/receiving signals.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I see. So you're just an alarmist who is unable to withstand the slightest challenge to your position. Can't answer the questions. You expect sensationalism to be enough.

Btw, Iranian journalists are off topic.

Have you even bothered to do a search on this? It's a rhetorical question, because you obviously haven't.

OK. Here's a couple of links for you to start with. I've done the work for you. All you have to do is click and read, if you can be bothered to stretch your arm that far.

Iranian Consumers Boycott Nokia for 'collaboration'
www.guardian.co.uk...

Nokia, Siemens helped Iran rig networks for government control.
gizmodo.com...

Nokia Siemens admits to helping Iranian Government
www.theinquirer.net...

Activist sues Nokia Siemens in US over Iran Cell Monitoring
www.google.com...

I've spent 30 minutes of my time doing what you could easily have done for yourself.

Given your ignorant and rude replies to my earlier post, I'm not holding my breath for that apology.

You're welcome.
edit on 2-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
There is fabric to block EMF.

You can make a pouch to put the cellphone in so it can't be tracked. But you won't receive an incoming call.

For some people that would be a good thing.

www.lessemf.com/fabric.html

You could start a business making cellphone bags that block them from tracking/receiving signals.

I didn't know about that. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Given your ignorant and rude replies to my earlier post, I'm not holding my breath for that apology.

You're welcome.

OK...here goes.

I'm sorry I ever stopped to read your sorry a$$ post.

Howzzat?

If you don't want to tango, don't start your responses off with snide crap like
"You're clearly expressiing an opinion based on zero knowledge of the situation."
edit on 2-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Alxandro
We are all prisoners of our own technology.
It's all about balance, if you want convenience you're going to have to sacrifice a little something, somewhere else.
You either play the game or you live like a hermit.

Or You change the rules, create a new game... Get rid of the need for money and all the politicking will diminish to local jurisdiction on a personal level. Poverty will vanish and We all would be able to partake of the abundance this planet has to offer.

Adding plenum energy is the required step to change these rules.

Now that's extreme, but are you willing to give up all your modern day conveniences to play that game?

That would mean giving up the internet completely, whether you want to or not because the only way your scenario would be lived out is if the world was attacked by aliens and we resorted to hunting and gathering.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just another reason why I personally don't need a cell phone. And no longer own one. First it was the cell phones giving people tumors now it's tracking your every move. Besides microsoft sucks anyways, everything they produce has some kind of problem with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

We are all prisoners of our own technology.
It's all about balance, if you want convenience you're going to have to sacrifice a little something, somewhere else.
You either play the game or you live like a hermit.

Or You change the rules, create a new game... Get rid of the need for money and all the politicking will diminish to local jurisdiction on a personal level. Poverty will vanish and We all would be able to partake of the abundance this planet has to offer.

Adding plenum energy is the required step to change these rules.

Now that's extreme, but are you willing to give up all your modern day conveniences to play that game?

LOL! No "giving up" anything. Add plenum ("dark," zero point, "vacuum," radiant, orgone, etc.) energy. As the cost of energy is removed, things will become cheaper and cheaper. Eventually the effort to mess with money collection will be more than the worth of the "profit." Things will be free. And given today's robotics, I can safely assure You that necessary jobs no One wants to do can be done by robot.

Add a Betterment Ethic in place of the slave's "work ethic," set the three Laws as standard, use the Interweb for communication and coordination, and release Humanity from "The Grid..." And We can have a high tech, peaceful planet with no poverty, and all opportunity available to every Human Being on this planet.

That would mean giving up the internet completely, whether you want to or not because the only way your scenario would be lived out is if the world was attacked by aliens and we resorted to hunting and gathering.

Um. Wrong. The Interweb is integral in the whole operation. Take it away and Humanity becomes divided and conquered. It is the fact that We now on this planet have the Interweb, the access to plenum energy, the level of robotics, and a realization that Human life is worth more than slaving for the profit of evil corporations, that this only now can happen.

All We need is the release of the tech.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

We have to let the youth be...its the world they were raised in. One pulse? And its all gone for them...they will not know how to entertain themselves, communicate or even find their way...

We know how much privacy USED to matter. They dont have a clue. Unfortunately, its nothing they can relate to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join