It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA'S use of term 'federal family' for government expands under Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's not a governement -- its a family. Specifically, your federal family.

Even communists got to draw the line at "comrade" A comrade is somebody you work with, perhaps like, and struggle together with. But family...heck, family are the people who hang around in your kitchen and bedroom, sometimes mixing up toothbrushes or forgetting to put the seat down. I don't know about you, but I like my government at a little more arms-distance.

And its funny that the reason the change has been made is because "government" is now a dirty word. Gee, I wonder how that happened? As usual the response is to deny the underlying reality and just give an ugly phenomenon a less-ugly-sounding name and hope people don't notice. Stay classy, Washington.

Don’t think of it as the federal government but as your “federal family.”

In a Category 4 torrent of official communications during the approach and aftermath of Hurricane Irene, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has repeatedly used the phrase “federal family” when describing the Obama administration’s response to the storm....

The G-word — “government” — has been nearly banished, with FEMA instead referring to federal, state and local “partners” as well as “offices” and “personnel.”

“'Government’ is such a dirty word right now,” says Florida State University communication professor Davis Houck. “Part of what the federal government does and any elected official does is change the terms of the language game into terms that are favorable to them.”

Source:
www.palmbeachpost.com...
edit on 9/1/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well they can change anything the want but the Fed is not my family and they do not eat at my table with my family.

What a joke.

I guess this how the fed is going to get into our homes and intrude more into our lives as forced "family"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ironically, the concept of calling them my "federal family" creeps me out about a thousand times more than "government". Also, calling them my "federal family" also make me about a hundred times more paranoid than the term "government".

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I can imagine the "Federal family" knocking the door to come into our homes and make themselves comfortable in our beds.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Discussion already exists:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel Free to Comment

Also :

Please use the revised "Search Function"

Found here : ask.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2011/9/1 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

Nevermind, as I thought, you just did it for S+F's, way to go bro.
edit on 2011/9/1 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

According to ATS terms and conditions a story may appear once in Breaking News and once in any other forum.

The one you linked to is in Breaking News. This one is in another forum.

I do wish if non-moderators take thread policing upon themselves, they at least familarize themselves with the T&C...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If the fed government is "now" my family I wish to be emansipated (sp)? and to think at one time I thought it was bad as a teen,or so I once thought a long time ago.Who would have ever guessed these times would have come to the shores of America.I am not a rebbel teen any more,I have grown up since then and the threat is real and my government is not a parent who has my best interest in mind!

new topics

top topics

join