It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China wants to buy LA Dodgers???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Dodgers fans stunned by Chinese Offer

"The L.A. Dodgers owner Frank McCourt received an all-cash offer of $1.2 billion to sell the Dodgers, its real estate and media contracts. At least part of the investment is from Chinese government-owned entities."

Now I'm no big sports fan of any kind but I just have a weird feeling about China owning an American baseball team..I mean is that normal..Are there any other teams owned buy other countries?

Baseball is the ole' American pass time....oh well...maybe it's just me..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Maybe its time Bill Gates III,, losened up the old wallet in AMERICA,,

he is an American right????

Hey Bill,,,,, it would improve your GEEK image.

lol

edit on 1-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Do not watch the Dodgers, it is a free country. Find a U.S. owned team to support. Anyway, it is only Baseball, not Football.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Double
edit on 9/1/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Too many topics about China right now...

Kind of giving me the willies.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Do not watch the Dodgers, it is a free country. Find a U.S. owned team to support. Anyway, it is only Baseball, not Football.

first they came for the Baseball,,,
and,,, well i wasn't a baseball Fan,,

sounds vaugley familiar,,,

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
How humiliating for the US. They are crippled by debt and here's China buying US land and throwing around billions on baseball teams.

Perhaps that's why China are doing it. One upmanship.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The Seattle Mariners are owned in part by Japanese businessmen. I think the owner of Nintendo if I remember correctly

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I dont trust they mother f**kers one bit, they are a bunch of child hitting, animal hitting weirdo's.

They take child slaves and disabled people to build towns that no-one uses...

Child slaves
Disabled people

Ghost towns

They also keep bears in a cage (the longest I seen was for 15 years to take bile from their stomachs :mad)

They also beat dog's to death:

And they beat children in the streets:

Child beating

This is exactly why china monitors the internet and blocks the outside world to its people...

China blocks google
edit on 1-9-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I miss the xfiles--I know off topic...

Yeah..it's pretty sad the USA is going down the toilet...I never got into baseball though..probably all that time in softball standing in the 100F heat..I only like hockey, soccer and boxing....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I only like hockey, soccer and boxing.

"soccer "

u got grandkids in soccer too,, ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
May be a bit off topic...wasn't there a big hoohah over an American either buying or attempting to buy a European soccer team a while back? If anyone remembers the details I would sure appreciate a reminder. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

They probably pay with American dollars from all the debt in bonds they have been buying from the last ten years.

edit on 1-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

my daughters are 3 and 5..so im pretty sure im not due grandkids for quite sometime..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well....China practically owns the U.S. anyway.....(all the debt we owe them)....why not the LA Dodgers! (sarcasm)

They also want to buy 50 square miles of land in Boise, Idaho...

Link: www.eutimes.net... Be patient it takes a while to load.

edit on 1-9-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Well very nice thought. So how do you plan to stop them? Our government has already sold us out. then again, we did here that about the Japs years ago also buying everything. No doubt, corporations along with our government officials have done us in and lowering the American standard and way of life. What do you propose to change it?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In the UK it's normal for foreign people to buy football teams or to have foreign football managers.

I guess it's not normal in the USA. I know that Japanese people love baseball, I'm not sure if Chinese people do? anyone know?
edit on 1-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I'm pretty sure these teams are owned by some evil foreign country outside America.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes, the Mariners principal owner is Nintendo, bought them back in 1992.

China may be offering to buy the Dodgers. But the sale would have to be approved by the league owners and commissioner.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So, let me get this right....
China buys the Dodgers. Within a year, the team is the lowest paid in the league, but they can't be traded. Not only that, but they can't quit either. There are "safety precautions" that prevents them from committing suicide as well. The Chinese lobby the league to ensure that all teams are treated equally, that is, as equally as the Dodgers. The owners sign on to this great new way of making money.
The whips come out. The shackles are dusted off. The stocks are reinvented.
The new plantations are being built.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join