It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New SAS NH - 90 Stealth Helicopters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A new helicopter for the SAS for fast responce to threats against UK.

Specs:
Length: 64ft
Height: 18ft
Crew: 2
Payload: 20 Troops

Features:
1. Pilots helmet has a screen duplicating instrument panel

2. Ultra- low electronic signals make it hard to detect

3. Huge side doorswhere machines guns can be fitted

4. Impact- resistant fuel tanks

Source: Mail on Sunday page 43

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Very nice. Lucky SAS get all the coolest technology. Also, what a good payload, 20 of the best special forces troops, scary.

www.nhindustries.com...

Global Security

Is that going to be used for the 'ordinary' non special forces part of the British Army?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
the articule in the paper says it's for 'SAS's top-secret Counter Revolutionary Warfare Unit, the CRW, will be on permanent standby to respond intantly to any terrorist assault on Britain's internal security'.

Good links Hyperen

[edit on 22-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Very nice indeed. The SAS is getting an impressive piece of technology once again.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
nice helicopter.
if this is what the SAS get i wonder what the SBS get?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
nice helicopter.
if this is what the SAS get i wonder what the SBS get?

an under water version

only joking,

the SBS are more secretive, they won't tell people what equipment they are using

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Germany and france has this too.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi i dont mean to be a pain in the ass and pi55 on your bonfire but i am ex british forces and i can honestly say this helicopter technology is not new its been around for about 5 years now and the sas have been using it for about 4 years infact their helicopters are actually a lot more advanced than this one these days. And believe me the sas dont get loads of the latest technology they get the same as your average soldier give or take a few gadgets. The only difference is that they get a lot more of it at their disposoal (sic). It would be an insult to say the sas run on technology and gadgets. They still stick to pure sweat and blood and good soldiering trust me

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Hi i dont mean to be a pain in the ass and pi55 on your bonfire but i am ex british forces and i can honestly say this helicopter technology is not new its been around for about 5 years now and the sas have been using it for about 4 years infact their helicopters are actually a lot more advanced than this one these days. And believe me the sas dont get loads of the latest technology they get the same as your average soldier give or take a few gadgets. The only difference is that they get a lot more of it at their disposoal (sic). It would be an insult to say the sas run on technology and gadgets. They still stick to pure sweat and blood and good soldiering trust me

really what reg u in?
yeah i suspected as much. only let the pblic know what YOU want them to know.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well as you can see by my cap badge picture i was infantary ( for five years) i then left the forces and got a bit bored missing the action and joined 23 reg for 6 years. I now do private intel work and the odd good job but nothing more due to injury. I Kinda miss it all though. Wot about you.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Well as you can see by my cap badge picture i was infantary ( for five years) i then left the forces and got a bit bored missing the action and joined 23 reg for 6 years. I now do private intel work and the odd good job but nothing more due to injury. I Kinda miss it all though. Wot about you.

me not in any of the forces
me thinking about marines or navy.
also what regiment i mean I.E. green howards,argylls ect.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well i am sorry but i did write a reply but then i thought no way am i posting that on ATS you never know who monitors this place. I dont wanna spend years in Colchester military prison for being foolish on here. Please respect my actions. Well the marines is a good choice i hope you do well.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Very nice chopper. SAS really are the best

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why is everyone so interested in stealth? What happened to the days when you let them know you were coming?
Pipes and drums...Stuka sirens....the men shouting?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
Why is everyone so interested in stealth? What happened to the days when you let them know you were coming?

they still do that
its during section attacks and stuff
you get taught to shout, scream and make as much noise as possible.
and the pipes thing yeah that literally scares the hell outa anyone. well excepot the irish but thats probably cause they aint sane.
i still think the SBS are better.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I have heard that the CRW will be supported by four of these aircraft, EADS have only just started production of the NH-90 so I would imagine that the SAS aircraft will be some way down the production line as they alreay have orders from France and Germany and the helicopter was succesful in part for the Nordic Maritime Helicopter Project. The aircraft is substantially bigger than any of the current Army Air Corps Aircraft and usually aircraft of this size are traditionally flown by RAF / RN or RM officers, so will the ownership of the aircraft go to the RAF? will they become part of 7 Squadron which flies the SF Dedicated Chinooks? Interesting questions any body have any answers?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge

That mostly died with the invention of the accurate Firearm. Along with bright colored uniforms.

Though some forces never used that tactic back when it was all the rage. The ninja of Japan comes to mind, They were the original special forces.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Royal would prefer you be able to spell "Marine" before you apply, you know.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Royal would prefer you be able to spell "Marine" before you apply, you know.

well sorry. i mistyped, would you like me to write it out 100 times ?

also who said i was joining? you gota be crazy to join them.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What makes this helicopter stealthy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join