It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange blue hue in photos I took of the sky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yep, it's blue

Just kidding. I am going to flag your post because you actually had photos of it.

Unlike most........

Don't hate me, I am not being hateful. I have been on one all day

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Ive just told you !!!!

BFS!

Sometimes i wonder why i bother

You wanted the reason...you have been told...but you know want Phage to tell you the same thing

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

That was the first thing I thought of, so I checked all the settings and they were all the way I wanted them....I took other pics at the same time I took those, and they were not blue and were completly normal. I didn't do anything to change the cams settings.....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Upload the original and let us look at the EXIF. For all we know you could have added a blue filter in photoshop....it will show whats wrong in the EXIF.

You could have hit the wrong setting...which is my guess...very easy mistake

Excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about cameras.

But your settings were right??? lol..........ooooooooooooook
edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

That's what I mean....it was such a deep blue...I wonder if maybe beause the sky was so blue, it somehow caused a reflection? Excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about cameras.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well. I have to leave for work, but if anyone can tell me what caused it, I'll be grateful....see you in the morning all!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Heartisblack

Thats lens flare...not a planet

Thats what happens when you point a camera at a bright light...it messes with the sensors and produces artifacts

EDIT: Same applies to the poster above...lens flare...not an orb

edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

I know it's a lens flare, I was too tired at the time. I've heard Nibiru screamed so much, I'm used to it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Here they are....I did not do anything to them, these are straight from the camera.

Errrrrrrm.....no they are not

Why would you lie?? Did you doctor them??

EXIF data does not lie....and as yours has none i know you are the one lying

Explained it before....you got the wrong settings on your cam...or you edited them, hence you will not upload them straight from your camera as you claim you did.

Go to an exif data checker...right click my pic and click view image....put the URL in the box that asks for the URL (bottom box)....look at the data.

exifdata.com...

Then do the same with your pics....yours has no data...mine does. Mine are unedited and straight from the camera...yours is not.

Temps have not been over 100 degrees for 2 months either...close but not quite.

Averages:

25th Aug - 94°F
26th Aug - 95°F
27th Aug - 94°F
28th Aug - 95°F
29th Aug - 95°F
30th Aug - 98°F
31st Aug - 95°F

July
www.accuweather.com...

Aug
www.accuweather.com...

Scalding hot water is 50°C and above...meaning it was at least 122°F...i dont think thats possible so i am going to say you have exaggerated somewhat.

edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to add weather details and exif data viewer link

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why is everyone looking for something to believe in that isn't "natural"
And why the hell is this in the Fragile Earth section?
Honestly this is the lamest post of the day, if you didn't see a blue hue with your eyes, then nothing there!
Why is everyone on ATS like this.... I'm really starting to think 80% of the ATS population is all paranoid......
ITS NOTHING! Something is funny on your camera, simple as that.
Why is everyone waiting for Phage to come like he's the all godly master of the world....
I mean really what do you think he'll say?
"It's obviously aliens."
No, he'll say, "It's lens flare, and something wrong with your camera setting. Possibly minor damage to your camera."

I mean come on it's common sense.....
edit on 1-9-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You need to think twice before you call me a liar....I am not some 16 year on here playing pranks. Here is the uncropped pic....the only thing I did was resize them because they were very large pics. Oh....and if you see the date on the pic as January 2010, that is just because I didn't set the date yet. I NEVER said any of this was supernatural! I don't know where you live, but when I turned on the water, I didn't take out a thermometer and test the water temperature (silly me)....I just said it was very hot....and it was,,,I did not say it was at the boiling point
Also, I never said these things are related in any way, I was just commenting on them. The main reason I posted the thread was to see what would cause those pics to be blue, when others taken at the same time were not.These original pics are huge and that is why I resized them.I never tinted or did anything to them other than resizing. I'm sure it's my camera, never said wasn't, but I never messed with the settings, so if it's that then it was accidental, but I never changed it. I thought maybe it was some sort of reflection causing it. Anyway, here's the uncropped pics...I hope it meets your criteria.

Same camera, same day about 15 minutes before the blue ones

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"Lived any good books lately?"

Sam Neill as John Trent from John Carpenter's "In The Moth Of Madness"

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Now let me ask a question....Why 'do some people ASSUME things like that? All I wanted to know is what caused it. I know it is the camera most likely, I NEVER said it was supernatural! If you read any of my threads you'll see I don't subscribe to aliens Nibiru or any of that stuff. So why do you think I am claiming that? I wish I had never posted it now. I had no idea I would be attacked and called a liar for a question about a photo. I commented on the heat, and my water being so hot....what does that have to do with aliens?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

No....I give up. For the last time...I did NOTHING to those pics but resize them ....I KNOW it's the camera. I never changed the settings, so I was wondering if there are any other reasons it could happen. Where did I say anything about Phage?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Maybe you answered my question there. I did take pictures of the Sun for a background I am making....maybe it could have caused damage to the camera? See....that ALL I want to know....I know it's a camera thing..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I didn't mention that because I assumed everyone would know that when you point the camera at the sun it always does that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

No....I give up. For the last time...I did NOTHING to those pics but resize them ....I KNOW it's the camera. I never changed the settings, so I was wondering if there are any other reasons it could happen. Where did I say anything about Phage?

To answer the question about Phage....first page.

It was so hot, I couldn't stay out for long. Now being from New Orleans, I am used to hot weather... But this was so hot I couldn't even stand in a sunny spot. Yep....Phage probably will know.

I give up too...the pics you have uploaded again arent straight from the camera...sorry EXIF doesnt lie

You said the water wasnt warm...it was scalding hot.

I turned on the hose to get the water for the animals and it was like boiling water....not warm but scalding hot

I must be in a time warp or something??????

Anyways...you had the answers to your question on the first page

(you said the pics were straight from the camera...they were not...therefore you lied...simples)
edit on 2-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I recorded it again....but haven't put it on youtube yet....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I live in South Florida and it is also very hot here, but better than some years. I can attest to the scalding hot water straight from the hose and I have well water. I have to let the water run to allow all the water left lying in the hose to flow out or I will damage my flowers or hurt my pets. I can't leave any water sitting in bowls because it evaporated fairly quickly or quickly becomes too hot for any animal to drink. So I know what you mean about the water. I must add that I am not claiming anything unusual or other worldly; just trying to keep the flammers at bay.

I to am extremely leery about posting to ATS anymore. No matter how innocent, honest or comical you present your post, you can bank on being attacked. Some don't even botther to read the OP. It has become a common theme now on ATS to attack, twist, rewrite and derail any postings. You either have to develop a thick skin or just become a lurker.

Time to put on the PPE.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

I bet that's it!! It was so hot and I was taking pics of the sun....I KNOW I didn't change the settings...thanks!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thank you....I was not exaggerating out all....it was really hot, like water that had been heated on a stove (not to the boiling point:lol
I just don't ever remember it taking that long for the water to get cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join