It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange blue hue in photos I took of the sky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Today was a very strange day for me.....around 6am this morning a loud noise woke me up. I recognized it right away. It was the sound I recorded a while back. Roaring like 747 was in my backyard.So I ran back in to get my camera, but by then it had faded so I wasn't able to get a good recording. Later in the afternoon, I went outside to make sure my pets had water. I was standing in the sunshine when I noticed it was burning my skin (I was only out for a moment) It actually felt like I was standing next to a blazing fire! It has been over 100 EVERY day for the past 2 months here. I don't ever remember it being this hot for this long. I turned on the hose to get the water for the animals and it was like boiling water....not warm but scalding hot! I am not exaggerating at all. Now to the pictures....I don't know why, but I snapped a pic of the sun....that's when I noticed the sky was a color of blue I had never seen before. There were puffy white clouds to which amplified the color by contrast. So I decided to take some pictures of it....when I uploaded my pics, everything in the pics are blue....everything. I checked my setting on my camera and it was all normal.....so.....anyone notice the extra blue sky? Does anyone know why my pics are blue? Here they are....I did not do anything to them, these are straight from the camera. It was a very BRIGHT and sunny day....does anyone know what could have caused this? Could it be my camera? I checked it out and found nothing wrong with the settings.

edit on 9/1/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

edit on 9/1/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sweetheart, you should be asking why is there a second sun there.
Or it that a lens flare. I'm too tired to tell.
Possibly The destroyer's atmosphere hitting ours. I'd heard that, some people I knew on random sites said sometimes they look outside and it was cloudy. They go to one of the cam websites to check and the sky is clear, so I don't know. I really don't know.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
you the sky is blue. no doubt about that. welcome to planet earth

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
S&F for the Pics...I´m no Expert,but i would guess you got a Ozon-Hole (sp?) or a thinner Atmosphere right over you,thats why your Area might get more Stuff from the Sun than is normal...

Something like that anyway. You should ask Phage,he knows this Stuff...i think

link   
Im going to take a guess for now...but il look it up for you lol.

You had the settings wrong when you took the photos. Ive had this blue hue on some photos before...its normally to do with setting on the camera....

Like this pic i took for example

Was the settings...my cats not blue...neither is the room lol

link   
That's freaky, but to be honest, I have been saying for over a year now that our sky in Northern California (way north) is an odd color. Ours is a purple/blue. I mean PURPLE. I even Googled it last year, looking for a reason. Found something on the 'net about volcanic eruptions and ash bending the light spectrum...but that was months and months ago. It's the strangest darn thing. I do NOT remember the sky being such a bizarre color.

I've been following the noise thing. Haven't heard anything like that in these parts.

Pam

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Just getting in before everyone else.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Thats lens flare...not a planet

Thats what happens when you point a camera at a bright light...it messes with the sensors and produces artifacts

EDIT: Same applies to the poster above...lens flare...not an orb

edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What really happened is you wrecked your camera.
Cameras contain lenses. So do eyes. Eye lenses are damaged from the sun - guess what? So are cameras!
Don't be so reckless!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Kat I like the blue hue but not
too sure what could have made
your pics turn out this way. I was
thinking due to the heat and other
elements that go with it perhaps
it is due to the atmospheric conditions.
And you heard the noise again,
interesting. Hope you get some
relief from the heat soon.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
check the optimal temperature range for your model of camera. if you've been over 100 degrees for multiple days it might be that the sensor/electronics got too hot and it's reflected in the photographs you took. for example, my d700 has a range of 0-40 degrees celsius or approx 104F.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Holy Batcat!

I never knew they had Avatar cats on Pandora now!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Not me....I know what all that is
What I am asking about is why did my pics turn out blue? I'm also uploading a video right now, where it shows it's a sunny day, and I point my camer to the top of the trees, and some of the leaves at the top looked blue. Could it be a reflection from the bright blue sky?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Its called Blue Flash Syndrome...its to do with the white balance.

It is a problem with your settings

You may have a white balance problem. Make sure that you aren't using indoor film, or an indoor white balance setting. In the case of a Sony DSC-F707, you may have a defective camera that suffers from a problem called Blue Flash Syndrome, or BFS. For more, read here. A related, but different, problem low called EV BFS (LEVBFS) also afflicted some Sony cameras. The only affects flash white balance in shutter priority mode, and resulted in shots that were too blue.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Cute....I think I know what a blue sky looks like. If you read my OP, you'll see that I'm asking if anyone know what caused my PICTURES to be blue.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

That's a nice pic!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's probably to do with your white balance settings on the camera, and to whoever was joking about the second sun, it is indeed lens flare.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The exif data is not visable on your pic...so its not the original.
Check the EXIF on mine...pay attention to this bit

File Source
Digital Camera
Scene Type
Directly photographed
Custom Rendered
Normal
Exposure Mode
Auto
White Balance
Manual

Upload the original pic....will be able to tell if your settings are wrong from that

edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey there friend! Ya know, you are down in Nawlins, you sure there is not a Blues festival going on?

That music gets pretty heavy down there, and may be settling upon the land for the evening.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

It was so hot, I couldn't stay out for long. Now being from New Orleans, I am used to hot weather... But this was so hot I couldn't even stand in a sunny spot. Yep....Phage probably will know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join