It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nashville Suburb Officially Ends Water Fluoridation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nashville Suburb Officially Ends Water Fluoridation

Original Source...

The Tennessean - Spring Hill to Drop Fluoride

Always great to hear. I'd love to see this start to happen more and more within local municipalities. There is no need for fluoride in our water supply. The government says it's for our dental health, but there is no evidence to show that SWALLOWING fluoride provides any benefits to our teeth.

Start making calls and sending emails to the offices of your mayors, city council members, or anybody else with a public position, and let them know that we can handle our own teeth, stop fluoridating our water

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I never understood the flouride in the water business.

Its not like we gargle water like mouthwash.

Flouride needs to sit on your teeth for awhile to take effect.

I know many people with bad teeth despite there being flouride inneeds the water supply

Brushing already provides more than the maximum amount of flourier needed daily

Flouride damage in teeth is on the rise.

It costs millions for cities to dump this stuff in the water

So many good reasons, so many benefits.
plus our brains will thank us for it.
edit on 11/9/1 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

i wonder what they're gonna start putting in the water to replace the fluoride?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I never understood the flouride in the water business.

Its not like we gargle water like mouthwash.

Flouride needs to sit on your teeth for awhile to take effect.

I know many people with bad teeth despite there being flouride inneeds the water supply

Brushing already provides more than the maximum amount of flourier needed daily

Flouride damage in teeth is on the rise.

It costs millions for cities to dump this stuff in the water

So many good reasons, so many benefits.
plus our brains will thank us for it.
edit on 11/9/1 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Well-said. That's been my main concern, as-of-late, when expressing the issue to sheeple family and friends. Too many people argue about whether it helps your teeth or not. This argument will get nowhere because there is enough evidence on either side.. The end of the debate should be the fact that WE'RE SWALLOWING IT. Even if fluoride does promote dental health, we're not getting any of the benefits because it's going straight past our teeth and into our bodies! Insane..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'd be very happy to not have this hazardous waste in my water or my food thankyou.

Fluoride toxicity is characterized by a variety of signs and symptoms. Poisoning most commonly occurs following ingestion (accidental or intentional) of fluoride-containing products. Symptom onset usually occurs within minutes of exposure. Fluoride has several mechanisms of toxicity. Ingested fluoride initially acts locally on the intestinal mucosa. It can form hydrofluoric acid in the stomach, which leads to GI irritation or corrosive effects. Following ingestion, the GI tract is the earliest and most commonly affected organ system.

Once absorbed, fluoride binds calcium ions and may lead to hypocalcemia. Fluoride has direct cytotoxic effects and interferes with a number of enzyme systems; it disrupts oxidative phosphorylation, glycolysis, coagulation, and neurotransmission (by binding calcium) (yes this will weaken your bones and teeth). Fluoride inhibits Na+/K+ -ATPase, which may lead to hyperkalemia by extracellular release of potassium. Fluoride inhibits acetylcholinesterase, which may be partly responsible for hypersalivation, vomiting, and diarrhea (cholinergic signs). Seizures may result from both hypomagnesemia and hypocalcemia. Severe fluoride toxicity will result in multiorgan failure. Central vasomotor depression as well as direct cardiotoxicity also may occur.

Death usually results from respiratory paralysis, dysrhythmia, or cardiac failure.

One death from ingestion of fluoride toothpaste was reported to the American Association of Poison Control Centers in 2002.
Death may result from ingesting as little as 2 g of fluoride in an adult and 16 mg/kg in children. Symptoms may appear with 3-5 mg/kg of fluoride.

emedicine.medscape.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i live not to far from springhill,its about 50 miles from nashville,the only reason their stopping it is because it cost to much,springhill is a very small town,after the saturn plant closed they lost a lot of money,most peope who live there worked at the plant.they dont have the cash to keep adding it to the water.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I do not recall having teeth in my stomach, so my question is, how does ingesting this stuff help my teeth again?

edit on 9/1/2011 by eXia7 because: edit

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

We all need to follow their lead.I just got my annual chemicals in the water report,looks good until you look at the fluoride and in parentheses next to it is the description of where it comes from and it says fertilizer plant run-off?and next to that?good for healthy teeth?duh?I mean you don't even have to know all of the details to see that we shouldn't be drinking this crap.I swear fluoride really does put people to sleep....there is no other answer,but I am happy Tennessee is getting the message.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i was about to post this one, then unlike most people, i used the search function!

This is great indeed, but what i found the most surprising was

a move that will save taxpayers more than $21,000 a year Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Pretty expensive route to poison the masses eh?

new topics

top topics

join