It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalists in the UK Southwest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ShiftyMedi

Wasn't buying a premade BOB just mentioned that I found one as a good starter for 10, I am in process of building my BOB. So far I'm at well over £400 worth of stuff which s**ks

But building it bit by bit will get me there I am sure. Just trying to source good equipment is difficult

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hi

I'm in Buckinghamshire so kinda in the middle.

I'm getting prepped just in case but due to my circumstances I plan to 'bug-in' and stay put unless it becomes absolutely necessary to leave.
I have basics in my BOB and we have had a few practice runs leaving on foot cross country via various routes but it would be a last resort.

Anyone else intend on staying in their houses if SHTF?
How are you prepping? I'm thinking about how to board up doors and windows with short notice and the fire risks. Lots to consider...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtr3m3paranoia

Anyone else intend on staying in their houses if SHTF?
How are you prepping? I'm thinking about how to board up doors and windows with short notice and the fire risks. Lots to consider...

Best case I'd stay indoors, but.. prep'd for leaving as well. Problem with staying put is that sooner or later people going to loot houses & boarded up places either look more inviting for people looking for places to bed down, or that you have something worth robbing. Mate n me looking at buying some land out of the country but are stumped with how we'd get there

My suggestion is yeah stay put but be prepared to get the hell outa Dodge if you need to boot. Have an escape route already planned, & practiced. Just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

In surrey, if I can help anytime let me know.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
yes,i am,way down here in Cornwall.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by weaverbird
yes,i am,way down here in Cornwall.

My favorite place in the UK

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hey Guys, I'm from Notts, but of the same mind. Nice to know I'm not all crazy and alone. After lurking for a year or so, I've finally signed up to ATS after reading your thread. I've been building an extended B.O.B for over a year now, and have built a pretty nice piece of kit, and had a lot of fun doing so. There's always something else to add to it, and I'm always on the lookout. As for bows, I took up Archery in April, have now joined a club, and really enjoy it! There's something satisfying about shooting arrows, it calms the spirit. With all the interest here, maybe someone should start a club for UK survivalists.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

I've checked out a few allotments. Great places to hide away a bit remote and good soil for growing stuff,I am definitely getting a bow for defence / catching small wild animals, I'm a veggie so should really practice cooking rabbit. had some good camping trips this summer and kit is good, definitely worth some trials. Reckon on pilling up van one trip to arranged meeting point a block off the entrance.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JabbaClease

Hey Guys, I'm from Notts, but of the same mind. Nice to know I'm not all crazy and alone. After lurking for a year or so, I've finally signed up to ATS after reading your thread. I've been building an extended B.O.B for over a year now, and have built a pretty nice piece of kit, and had a lot of fun doing so. There's always something else to add to it, and I'm always on the lookout. As for bows, I took up Archery in April, have now joined a club, and really enjoy it! There's something satisfying about shooting arrows, it calms the spirit. With all the interest here, maybe someone should start a club for UK survivalists.

That's not a bad idea. We can all go and live rough for a few days. Get blind drunk and chat about how bat# crazy we are.lol

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Secondly, I grew up in Cheltenham. Lived in Benhall and went to Bournside, left 88-89

Carry On

edit on 2-9-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Any of you guys seen "Life After People"?.. a great series on the History Channel showing what life would be like 1 min, 10 min, 1 hour, 1 week, 1 month....etc etc after all the people vanish.

Well, I was also thinking of setting up at a supermarket, thing is, after seeing this program it's definitely a bad idea!
After 2 weeks there would be so much airbourne bacteria the air would be toxic, so stay away!!

I've changed my plans now to become self sufficient, growing from seeds, fishing, trapping etc etc

Oh, and here's a tip for you... forget rabbit, it may taste good but it has no nutritional value at all, you can actually starve to death eating a rabbit everyday! Weird I know.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hello peeps, fellow survivalist (in training) from the Stroud Valleys close to Bristol and Cheltenham. Looking to join a Shooting Club in my area to get my rifle licence but am already trained(partially) in old school ballistics (Crossbow, Bow) just in case. I have been seriously considering going on one of Ray Mears Bushcraft Courses, Its also a great website for cheap survival kit and great for info.

Whats a B.O.B?
edit on 3-9-2011 by Dionisius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Yeah that show was incredible, I forsee something very similar happening to this world very soon.

What happens to all the Nuclear plants when theres no-one running them and no power? havent thought about that till now, all nuclear plants going into meltdown is not a nice though/prospect.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Dionisius because: edit

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

B.O.B. = Bug Out Bag

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Sup girls n boys, I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for where to buy items for BOB's I found various sites, most of which seem over priced, but hey needs must.

Also how do people rate Smith n Wesson knives?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE
Sup girls n boys, I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for where to buy items for BOB's I found various sites, most of which seem over priced, but hey needs must.

Also how do people rate Smith n Wesson knives?

Yeah i've got a S+W knife and its a good all round knife. Feels solid in your hand and it's full tang so isn't gonna snap. Army surplus stores are good. Dried food from any supermarket. Fishing and camping shops. Go Outdoors is a survivalists wet dream.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Cheers Shifty,

Just read a review on a Smith n Wesson it got slated LOL. guess I'll go find somewhere that sells em so I can have a butchers.
Cheers for the advice on shops though I'll have a look round.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hey Hey,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on getting a decent well stocked First Aid kit? found a few but I want a field kit really so nothing too large.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

I have myself a St. Johns Zenith Statutory First Aid Kit, Its pretty complete with a soft case, needs a scalpel and medical tape to be added, could probably do with a needle and string but otherwise its a brilliant First Aid Kit.

St. Johns are the best, and no I dont work for them

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hello,

I am from Bournemouth and have always said that if the SHTF i would hide out in Rural Winchester.

But first I will be requisitioning a 61 plate Lancer from the local dealership, getting together with a band of mates, taking supplies by force and then setting up a self sustainable society in which there is a ratio of ten women to every male.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join