It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is copying and reposting your posts under another name on another site

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Yes, ATS is quite hypocritical in the way they censor things. Recently I've had a post removed that was nothing but a humorous statement directly related to a post someone else made....It was removed as being "Off Topic". I'm having a very hard time respecting a site that seems to champion free speech on one hand, but at the same time arbitrarily removes posts it doesn't like.

Personally I'd much rather have someone have the right to call me the vilest four letter words imaginable in these threads than know that such a person was censored. Neither do I have a problem with things going slightly off topic....I think ATS is losing some of it's best members because of this rampant censorship which has gone far beyond the limits they originally intended, and has crossed the line into 'Free Speech' suppression.

I thought that 'Free Speech' was what this site was about......I'm quickly learning that I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Lawyers exist for a reason.(I think I read that somewhere), and this is a good reason for the ATS site owners/TPTB to go after crap like this with out mercy. Indeed you got it, money makes some people behave w/less decency then just about anything else, with the possible exception of religious fanatics (seems money is often part of that as well). As someone who had some a** **** post something under my name this is something I’m very sensitive about. (By the way I sued their ass, and won)

edit on 1/9/11 by arbiture because: Cleaning up spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Wow, i just checked out of curiosity and my content has been used also, altho they do give credit to me. Good to know. thanks for bring this to my attention.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Not long ago, I found a blog and there was a post...my exact words, my three sentences and conclusion exactly how I said it on the subject that I had posted a couple days before....I posted an email on the blog that said, "Hey, this is my post!".

Ok...here is another one....I have a youtube channel and two days ago someone hacked it and changed what I wrote on my profile. Also, my channel views were reduced. This happened apparently youtube wide, because others are saying that their channel views were reduced. Apparently if your channel views are reduced to zero, your channel is pulled. Something weird is going on! Just so everyone knows!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Now some of y'all know how the record companies feel.

Someone might have mentioned it, but there was a guy here awhile back mining GLP and posting here as if it were his own.

I use creative commons on a lot of work I do because I agree with the basic concept. It looks like all the other guys would have to do to make it "kosher" is give credit.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
All I can say is i hope this gets some attention.
I know for damn sure if my words said here were being used as someone elses I would persue it! And the strict anti copyright rules here should be looked at more carefully. Our posts, words, and opinions are being used by someone else! Pretty much stolen from us, Stolen from us here. Loyal ATS members!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
ATS is so large now that its an obvious source for TPTB to come and check in on us nuts, all gathered in one location. Its also obvious that the site owners would know of this, and with the connection one of the owners has to Halliburton, there's no doubt in my mind that there is an unknown agenda.

But, as with all successful prison riots or govt overthrows, we can use this system of control to spread the truth (once its figured out) and connect with eachother.

So its a bad and good.

As far as your post goes, its very concerning stuff. Both on behalf of the site, and of ATS.

I would love to know what this site is, and all ATS members are entitled to it.

And to answer your question, I have had posts that have been deleted at random as if they've never existed. I've also had threads shut down because there were two of them, even though mine was posted well before the latter. Not only is there politics involved on ATS, but also popularity contests... But with some of our members and mods (even owners), thats to be expected...
Oh, to be king of the nuts!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

So here's a question then. I have been here for a short time posting. And I can tell you that I have had more then few posts taken down. All because of redundancy. And an hour later I see the same story I posted (not exactly) but about the same subject. So ATS has taken down my post and allowed someone else after me post about the same subject. I didn't know that ATS was a writing competition.

What I personally don't understand. Is if I post a thread about the same information and my opinion or take on it is from a different angle. Why is it taken down? I have seen "Ron Paul can't win" posted a million times on here and it is extremely redundant. Yet it is allowed.

I honestly think it's ridiculous that members are policing the site and have free reign to choose whether a post stays or goes. Because I can post the same thing someone else does with different information and poof post is gone.

I have had an article taken off here because someone didn't like what I had to say. Told me to GTFO ten minutes later. The post was gone.

To me it's a forum. I have a life outside of here and I can take it or leave it. I think most of the time the stories on the forum are entertaining to say the least.

I've lurked for a long time but just recently started posting. ATS is a tough place to put your news, because of the clickiness of the posters and the mods.

I truly believed this site was about sharing information with others to get the truth out there. No matter how silly or stupid. In my opinion they censor like the rest of the world does. So a conspiracy site that censors it's posters are no better than Fox, CNN or any other MSM clown outfit and is now a conspiracy in itself

But isn't this really about spreading the word about the indecent behaviors and down right outrages behavior in the world around us no matter what it is.

So you can beat me up for speaking my mind, Ban me whatever ATS does for talking about them or their moderators. But I think the control that they have laid down on the people that make the site what it is, is in fact counter productive.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Originally posted by Pimander
OK, I'm vain too.

I resemble that remark.

In fact, I actually had the thought that if you're going to steal my material, then at least do so all of the way.

EVERYTHING looks more impressive when it's next to something GREEN.

edit on 1-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

no offense to you, I've never had a problem with you like some of the other mods... But I see you guys like cops.
You start of with the best intentions, get a little bit of power, and many of our "rights" get overseen.
After all, you guys are humans too, words effect you just as they do me. Some people can brush it off faster than others, and I think that should be the test of the true Mod.

Ive seen Mods call posters liars before, to their face, then shut down the thread because it gets out of hand because people post about the mod's attitude.

I think Mods should NOT be allowed to post opinions under their avatars. I think they should be given two.
One to monitor, one to post. When your in uniform, so to speak, keep your opinions to yourself and keep the thread civil and orderly. When off duty, go wild.

I know this will never happen, but its an ideal.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They say, imitation is the greatest flattery.

Some times how ever, it does seems to be the opposite.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I checked out the site and the OP is definitely right. Every other thread on that site is an exact copy of recent ATS threads. I am guessing it is a previous ATS member who got butt hurt from any possible reason and thinks this is a great way to get revenge. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just to add.

I have sent an alert to higher ups, so this is and will be looked into.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Would you U2U me the site?

I'd be interested if all these compiled posts are in any way "riskay."
Kind of like a black list.
If a post is suspicious, they copy it to a place others can check. Flag us, so to speak.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
once you put something out there, its public domain. especially anonymous posts online. this is the new age. shared information/ideas. We are the new journalists. Reporting live 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, around the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
They say, imitation is the greatest flattery.

Some times how ever, it does seems to be the opposite.

I'm more concerned with ATS's deletion of the thread when, as the OP says, they could have just removed the link.
If that was deleted, how many more?

Screw the imitation, thats only half of this... Conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Just to add.

Good to hear, when SO gets a hold of this he'll do something about it, as it has been addressed before....

To the OP though, sometimes it works in reverse, and plagiarized work makes it's way to ATS.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Originally posted by marg6043
Are you kidding or are you been serious,

I guess a little of both, my friend.

Originally posted by marg6043
I never in all my years as a ATS member even took into consideration that somebody may be stealing some of my post and take credit for them in another boards

I don't know what to think about this possibility and to tell the truth it worries me very much, ATS is the only conspiracy board I belong too.

I find this very disturbing.

I never really thought about it either. I guess I'm really just surprised by the scale of it.
Beyond that, I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet.

I post and contribute here, because I like this place and I feel I've played a small hand in helping it become what it is.

If people are stealing from ATS members, then it's because we are obviously doing something very right.

edit on 1-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Just to add.

Did that, too.

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
once you put something out there, its public domain. especially anonymous posts online. this is the new age. shared information/ideas. We are the new journalists. Reporting live 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, around the world.

Not true, unless they give a proper attribution and link to ATS. I provided the legal/technical links regarding this on page three and a prior example on page four.
edit on Thu Sep 1 2011 by Rren because: posted wrong quote from ADVISOR

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hathorschild

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by hathorschild

wow - talk about total 'just don't get it'.

Wow - talk about rude....totally unnecessary and childish. My post was a direct question BTW, in case you missed it

I'm sorry, but I'm still trying to get my head around why you seem to be so concerned about this. You've been registered here for ALMOST 6 Years and have only posted 8 times! I don't think you have too much to worry about. I also think you need to go back and read 12m8keall2c's post more carefully.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join