It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over Mecca - August 30, 2011 [Video Link]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As I haven't noticed many NEW threads made on UFOs over the past little while, I decided to investigate on another site (other than YouTube) for some possible videos.

The following was a video shot in Mecca (uploaded August 30, 2011). It shows a bunch of bright objects flying in the night sky above a tower of some sort. Some objects flew in clusters upward, while others fly sideways or downwards. Multiple objects in this video. I don't think they are Chinese lanterns. It looks to be a legit footage of a UFO fleet.

www.dailymotion.com...

Although ironically I just happened to look on Youtube, and the same video was uploaded there too.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/9/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Moreover, some UFOs appear to be speeding at a higher velocity than others in the same clip. Very interesting. What are your thoughts? These are definitely NOT birds

edit on 1-9-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Looks like pollen floating in the air. They are only visible when the search light hits them. Yes i would say it was probably pollen.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No, they aren't birds; they're bugs.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Looks like light reflecting off bugs / moths to me.

edit on 1-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
since the cameraman was a little jittery it's hard to get a good picture but they were definitely moving both up and down... only thing that I could think of was possibly celebratory balloons that were let go in light of the festival of Eid? some strong footage..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
No, they aren't birds; they're bugs.

It's obvious.
Don't you watch Ghost hunters?

Orbs

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm going to say that given the size of the structure and from the POV (Point of View) from the camera, that they are much too large to be bugs. But I could be wrong because of the reflective nature.

Although... I would theorize that the bright lights would attract bugs, and so a theory that it could be bats diving in and out of the light beams (chasing after the bugs) would make sense. And I guess it could also stand that if bats were attracted to the bugs, that birds also would be interested... Unless (here again I try to rationalize myself), maybe these are some unusually large bugs..

But UFO's? Sorry.. I think that is really quite a stretch in this scenario... regardless of what terrestrial animal lifeform is being captured in this bad piece of footage.

Johnny
edit on 9/1/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: To add to my comments

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Similar "orbs" can be seen in some of the footage of the lights of the twin towers videos. Hopefully others will remember seeing this type of thing in those videos.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm not one to quickly debunk UFO videos but these appear to be bugs, bats, or birds. I'm ruling out UFO.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Looks like dust or something in the air but i'm no expert at all
edit on 1-9-2011 by Diamonquecharm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yep, that`s chinese bugs

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
C'mon! Depending on the distance from the the observer to the light, these are merely birds or bugs flying in and out of the beam of light. I would take a gander that the same 'event' could be observed tonight, and the next night, and the next....

Judging from the distance reference (when the camera pans down), the observer is pretty far away. Therefore, these are white birds. I see this all the time.
edit on 1-9-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

In response to SkyWatcher2011, these birds fly around the light catching bugs. I dont know if youve noticed, but bugs tend to flock to light at night. The birds are circling in different directions. Therefore, the perception of changing speeds is caused by reference. I.e. the 'fast' ones are flying perpendicular to the line of view and the 'slow' ones are flying closer to parallel to the line of view.
edit on 1-9-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Bugs, probably moths, attracted to the big, bright light on top of the dome. They fly into the light and reflect back and so stand out very well.

That's why you only see these things near that light.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

i would hope common sense prevails on this, lots of bugs are attracted to bright lights, bats really really like bugs.

www.flickr.com...

not orbs/UFO's

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

ROFLMAO.

I gotta say.

That is a first.

Bugs ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As Tom pointed out with a very good explanation, they are most likely birds getting a late night snack.

Either way, that tower and it's lighting is absolutely beautiful! Awesome design and play with light engineering! Wish there was more design and creativity put into modern architecture here in the U.S. We just keep building flat boring blocks of steel and concrete. Kind of indicative of our society's mind set, no?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yep looks like bugs , moths of some sort maybe , they seem reluctant to leave the light which is what you'd expect .

Death's-head Hawkmoth.. Found throughout the Middle East and the Mediterranean region ..with a wingspan of 90–130 mm (three to five inches), being the largest moth in some of the regions in which it is found.
en.wikipedia.org...

@SLAYER
Nice Avatar , lovin the game .
edit on 1-9-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was going to suggest that it perhaps could be just trash being blown in the air. I dont know how meticulously clean Mecca is, but the height of the structure shown would suggest that it would be pretty windy up there. they could have been newspapers or flyers or other such detritus. Since they dont seem to self illuminate I am going to toss out the idea they are craft.. I guess in the truest sense of the word they really ARE UFO's, they are unidentified, flying objects. Beyond that its hard to speculate.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah moths is a good explanation, the way they are staying mostly in the light makes sense too.

@slayer & gortex I cant wait to start playing Deus, installed and ready to go just haven't had the time to start it.

new topics

top topics

join