It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: "We are not forecasting a double-dip recession," 2012 Jobless Rate 8.2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Source
Just a while ago CNN was jumping with joy with this news from the white house

Even though growth remains weak two years after the last contraction ended, "We are not forecasting a double-dip recession," said Katharine Abraham, a member of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.

Currently 9.1 percent, the jobless rate could be still as high as 9.0 percent late next year, or at best 8.2 percent.

Really? just in time for the election obama HOPE dont you think so? after all thats what the fake jobless rate are for.

This is getting ridiculous so obama is going to election by faking the jobless rate number.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That number is really misleading if it ISN'T fake.
I suspect it is just the average and there are places that aren't doing that bad - like around DC. lol

What about those of us in areas where it is 12, 14% or higher?
THey used to put maps up showing how it was in different places and how the high rates were spreading.

Funny, I never see those maps anymore.

I guess if one is looking at averages it is hard to really feel the gravity of the situations of those that far below the mean. I suspect that statistics are what is keeping American politicians so out of touch. That, and having more 'important' masters than the people.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

no kidding...most areas around these parts have 15-20% unemployment rates...it's really a sad state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wow! They are not going to forecast it huh? Enough said there. It more than likely will happen but by jimminy, you ain't gonna hear anything about it from us.

Last time I checked, the White House was the home of politicians, not economists.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So it's going down ? It was at 9.

Whew !

Slow and steady wins the race America. We can do this.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

So it's going down ? It was at 9.

It is the white house it seems are faking the jobless rate number just in time for the election i guess thats why bill clintion said obamas going to win eh? well that one wasnt to hard to figure out.

You can expect the real jobless rate number to go higher, i dont remember the white house been expert economists or rather such lying economist experts.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is the point. It's about the *REAL* jobless rate.
Do some research and find out what is excluded from that 9.1, 9.0, 8.2% jobless rate and projections.

These figures don't include those who "drop out of the labour force" (i.e. give up and stop looking for work), but would LIKE to be working. Include those people and the jobless rate jumps to OVER 13%.

it's not a good situation!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
An 8.2% jobless rate means jobless benefits are going to expire for millions who will no longer be counted as part of the labor force.

It won't mean more people are working, but that fewer people will be elegible for benefits, a.k.a., looking for work.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Of course they do not count those graduating from higher education who are not employed.

Many recent grads can not find work and will not be counted due to them not being employed during school before "officially" entering the job market.

Why bother even looking at these misleading stats.

I predict higher unemployment and taxes.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Just remember come election time... you cant spell "Phony" without "HOPE"

top topics

join